ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Herm Edwards will interview for Arizona State HC job
RealSNR 12:00 AM 11-29-2017
https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-this-weekend/

We don't have any Sun Devil fans here on CP, do we? If so, we need to keep them on suicide watch
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:01 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
There are plenty of people on cp who hate herm. But the very idea that he dismantled a playoff team is totally unfair and even the biggest haters recognize that a huge chunk of that blame goes to vermeil and Peterson. And I would venture to guess most would also agree that wrecking balling this franchise quickly and painfully was a hell of a lot better than Peterson (and apparently your idea too) wanting to bandaid the roster instead of blowing it up.

It was the right decision to blow up the roster. Blowing up the roster means expensive sure things get replaced with a ton of unknowns. Again, fine if you want to suggest we could have gotten a few better players faster. I don't know how anyone could have supported a bandaid approach. And if you supported blowing up the roster, then that comes with the understanding that no matter who was coach, they would have probably been way below . 500 too. So either you're strategy is off by wanting to bandaid or you're nitpicking over going 2-14 instead of maybe 5-11.

But trying to suggest we had any chance of being competitive a few years after the mess vermeil left is totally off.
You’re trying to tell me that the best possible outcome with Vermiels roster after 3 fucking years is 5-11. Jesus Fucking Christ. Fuck that shit. Dorsey took a shit ass terrible roster and made it a playoff team in a year. Yeah he spent a little money to do it but as you point out he had money by year 3. He could have put together something competitive if he wasn’t a bumbling fucking moron.

Fucking 5-11. Jesus dude. He fielded a team that was almost all his guys and they were fucking horrible. All the things that yielded 2-14 were his fucking guys.

He wrecked the franchise.

I’m not going through all this nonsense again. It doesn’t matter how many times I point out how good teams cycle out old talent you still don’t get it. They replace them with guys that can play. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards had huge resources to work with and ended up with dudes that couldn’t play. That’s on him. Not Vermiel.

HIS players were fucking trash. What HE built was fucking trash. HIS franchise was a fuckig wreck. And he did it.

That’s it man. He’s the guy in charge and ended up with a wrecked franchise. Yeah. McAdoo found a very creative way to get there but him and Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards ended up at the same place. A wrecked franchise.

That’s it man. You seem to have endless moronic nuggets that you seem to think absolve him from the dumbfuck decisions that he put on the field. And I’m done fighting with you about it.

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:05 PM 11-29-2017
So I’m guessing based on Buehler’s doctoral paper here that Herm wrecked the franchise?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:35 PM 11-29-2017
The Franchise was wrecked after 2003 when Carl kept the defense intact and extended guys. Then went all in in 05. Herm did what needed to be done though you could argue that should have been started in 06' not 07'.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:44 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
ASU has never been great at recruiting. Not sure why? Maybe it's that Phoenix doesn't have a smaller town type college feel to it? Tempe is a happening place for young people though. Women dress with minimal clothing all year, not to mention the pool parties. It would be a great place to go to college IMO.
Last I heard 37K female students so 20K like men :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:45 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Scooter Libby:
The Franchise was wrecked after 2003 when Carl kept the defense intact and extended guys. Then went all in in 05. Herm did what needed to be done though you could argue that should have been started in 06' not 07'.
How can you read all those words I just posted and keep piling up the same fucking shit? Are you a Zilla mult?

He had 3 years, a pile of draft picks, by year 3 a pile of cap space, excellent waiver wire position, and infinite opportunities to bring people in from the street. Regardless of what he started with. He presided over a wreck.

He wrecked the fucking franchise!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:45 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yep. Seems he's setting up sweet gigs for all of his friends.
Is he getting his 10%?
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:46 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
So I’m guessing based on Buehler’s doctoral paper here that Herm wrecked the franchise?
Not according to Zilla and Zilla-mult. All Vermiels fault.:-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:47 PM 11-29-2017
Just like you, I never liked Carl for both personal and football related issues.

I found a pic of your heroes, both of them. or are they the same person?
Attached: Mike-Riley-and-Lemmy.jpeg (71.9 KB) 
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:48 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You’re trying to tell me that the best possible outcome with Vermiels roster after 3 ****ing years is 5-11. Jesus ****ing Christ. **** that shit. Dorsey took a shit ass terrible roster and made it a playoff team in a year. Yeah he spent a little money to do it but as you point out he had money by year 3. He could have put together something competitive if he wasn’t a bumbling ****ing moron.

****ing 5-11. Jesus dude. He fielded a team that was almost all his guys and they were ****ing horrible. All the things that yielded 2-14 were his ****ing guys.

I’m not going through all this nonsense again. It doesn’t matter how many times I point out how good teams cycle out old talent you still don’t get it. They replace them with guys that can play. Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards had huge resources to work with and ended up with dudes that couldn’t play. That’s on him. Not Vermiel.

HIS players were ****ing trash. What HE built was ****ing trash. HIS franchise was a ****ig wreck. And he did it.

That’s it man. He’s the guy in charge and ended up with a wrecked franchise. Yeah. McAdoo found a very creative way to get there but him and Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards ended up at the same place. A wrecked franchise.

That’s it man. You seem to have endless moronic nuggets that you seem to think absolve him from the dumb**** decisions that he put on the field. And I’m done fighting with you about it.

Dorsey wasn't rebuilding. He had $20m in cap space, a very young roster, and traded for a qb. I don't know how you can't see the difference.

I don't know what miracle worker takes what vermeil handed off in 2006 and turns that into a contender by 2008. The only way anyone could have done that is to spend tens of millions in money we didn't have and probably trade for a stable qb. It's crazy to think otherwise.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:51 PM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
How can you read all those words I just posted and keep piling up the same ****ing shit? Are you a Zilla mult?

He had 3 years, a pile of draft picks, by year 3 a pile of cap space, excellent waiver wire position, and infinite opportunities to bring people in from the street. Regardless of what he started with. He presided over a wreck.

He wrecked the ****ing franchise!
How'd his successor do?

Herm got us Bowe, Hali, Pollard, Dorsey, Charles, etc. Nobody would have succeeded in 08 with that young roster. He wasn't the man to win it all but at all same time it's not all his fault.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:57 PM 11-29-2017
Totally agree. Should have happened sooner. But at least it did. And once it did, it does us no good to half ass the commitment to the rebuild. I don't know how anyone can see it any other way. Those 2004 and 2005 contracts were loaded with backloading. And worst of all, to afford those contracts, we restructured our own player contracts to backload too. Our cap situation had to be one of the worst the modern cap system has seen (not to forget the laughably horrible cap managed by Daniel snyder)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:58 PM 11-29-2017
Dorsey wasn't rebuilding. He had $20m in cap space, a very young roster, and traded for a qb. I don't know how you can't see the difference.

I don't know what miracle worker takes what vermeil handed off in 2006 and turns that into a contender by 2008. The only way anyone could have done that is to spend tens of millions in money we didn't have and probably trade for a stable qb. It's crazy to think otherwise.
Bullfuckingshit. Stop looking at the stupid fucking cap. By year 3 it was moot anyway. The dead money was gone. Huge cap space and had cycled through a shitload of draft picks. Gargantuan UDFA classes and a chance to get whatever FA he wanted.

Stop getting bogged down in bullshit details that cloud your judgement of the situation. Fact of the matter is good personnel men make good personnel decisions. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards made horrific decisions. That’s the end of it, man.

There were places all over this team for Ron Parker, Husain Abdullah, Josh Mauga types. Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Clint Edwards got NONE of those type of guys.

I’ve been over this with you a million times before. Building a team takes more than hitting on 6 or so draft picks in 3 years. Herm was in charge of personnel. He was shit at it.

He wrecked the fucking franchise.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:01 AM 11-30-2017
How'd his successor do?

Herm got us Bowe, Hali, Pollard, Dorsey, Charles, etc. Nobody would have succeeded in 08 with that young roster. He wasn't the man to win it all but at all same time it's not all his fault.
Totally agree. Should have happened sooner. But at least it did. And once it did, it does us no good to half ass the commitment to the rebuild. I don't know how anyone can see it any other way. Those 2004 and 2005 contracts were loaded with backloading. And worst of all, to afford those contracts, we restructured our own player contracts to backload too. Our cap situation had to be one of the worst the modern cap system has seen (not to forget the laughably horrible cap managed by Daniel snyder)
No. I’m not going through all this same fucking bullshit again. It’s all right here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296702

Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards was a garbage personnel man. As such he wrecked the fucking franchise.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:13 AM 11-30-2017
Whatever man you're entitled to your opinion and you aren't 100 percent wrong but I will say if Herm was at KU instead of Beaty they'd have more talent and win 3 or 4 games.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:19 AM 11-30-2017
Whatever man you're entitled to your opinion and you aren't 100 percent wrong but I will say if Herm was at KU instead of Beaty they'd have more talent and win 3 or 4 games.
Don’t disagree there.

He may do well in college. I wouldn’t play for the man but kids might.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up