ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2651 of 4894
« First < 1651215125512601264126472648264926502651 265226532654265526612701275131513651 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:57 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
Who is this "they" you're speaking of? No real Broncos fan thought that the start was somehow indicative of contention for the AFC this year. But if you can't see a giant step forward, then you haven't really been watching. I don't see anyone who has been in this thread that is all of a sudden not in this thread, simply because of one loss.

And before Chiefs fans start the full-on, team-sponsored circle jerk, let's take a quick reality break. This is a flawed team that is in a precarious position. They could end up going 12-5 and winning the division. And they could end up 9-8 and end up on the cusp of missing the playoffs. It's hypocritical to shout from the rooftops that the Broncos wins against the Giants, Jags, and Jets are meaningless, while your win against the Eagles (a team that is right there with the worst teams in the league) somehow means you are elite. You gave up 30 points and almost 500 yards. To the Eagles. The game was not decided until halfway through the 4th quarter.
Right, it's the win against the Eagles that has KC fans thinking they're good. Has nothing to do with 3 straight seasons with HFA or a SB victory.

The Chiefs have defensive issues right now, but when you're down several starters/contributors and facing good offenses, there will be some struggles. When everything shakes itself out, the D will likely be on par with last year's. It's the same group minus a few mediocre players.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:52 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Hi guy, been a while since we discussed our teams, I do feel for ya, a Bronco fan, always had success with Elway & Manning. Always a pain in our ass , so to speak.

The script is reversed now for several years and it doesn't look like this is the year the Donks turn it around. I will say that they are starting to draft some good players that will only get better.

Until then, I'm going to enjoy watching you guys suffer like we did for so many years!:-)

:-)
It's all good...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:08 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

I’m pretty sure that Clyde couldn’t do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TEX 09:55 AM 10-05-2021
Bump.... It's interesting that this thread isn't on the first page anymore, like it had been for the past few weeks. Denver fans know what's going to happen over the next several weeks... :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:21 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Bump.... It's interesting that this thread isn't on the first page anymore, like it had been for the past few weeks. Denver fans know what's going to happen over the next several weeks... :-)
Double bump... where are the updates from PFF and other obscure Twitter accounts?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:40 PM 10-05-2021

Listening to the clip was funny:

"Boy, that's gonna create a lot of doubt for the Ravens on their side of the ball defensively"

23-7 Baltimore.

Guess that run didn't have the intended effect.

[Reply]
TEX 04:54 PM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Double bump... where are the updates from PFF and other obscure Twitter accounts?
Only Knowmo knows...

[Reply]
CupidStunt 05:11 AM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
But if you can't see a giant step forward, then you haven't really been watching.
This type of take, which infests 99% of media takes, Twitter takes, etc., is so damn embarrassing.

You cannot measure and declare progress from a tiny sample size against the gutter trash of the NFL.

Same as the Raiders. Ohh, the Raiders have finally turned a corner. This year is so different to last year, and the year before, and the year before. They've learned how to win, they fixed this, they fixed that. Blah blah blahhhh.

No. No, not at all. Playing bad teams and getting lucky props you up - in the short term - but by season's end, the only talk will be about replacing the coach, QB, GM, whatever else.

(On a different note, man it surprises me how homers can muster up optimism for a team with no QB. I remember how depressing those times were, and I cannot imagine kidding myself about some worthless wins against awful teams when my QB is Bridgewater/Lock. YIKES.)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:56 AM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
This type of take, which infests 99% of media takes, Twitter takes, etc., is so damn embarrassing.

You cannot measure and declare progress from a tiny sample size against the gutter trash of the NFL.

Same as the Raiders. Ohh, the Raiders have finally turned a corner. This year is so different to last year, and the year before, and the year before. They've learned how to win, they fixed this, they fixed that. Blah blah blahhhh.

No. No, not at all. Playing bad teams and getting lucky props you up - in the short term - but by season's end, the only talk will be about replacing the coach, QB, GM, whatever else.

(On a different note, man it surprises me how homers can muster up optimism for a team with no QB. I remember how depressing those times were, and I cannot imagine kidding myself about some worthless wins against awful teams when my QB is Bridgewater/Lock. YIKES.)
Well, after decades of torment… at least you are in a better place now.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 11:58 AM 10-06-2021
Paton and Co were dead on with the Chubb comparison

[Reply]
BlackOp 12:02 PM 10-06-2021
Paton and Co knew were dead on with Chubb comparison

I'd be running angry too if I has to spend 4 years on a team with zero chance at a SB.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:41 PM 10-06-2021

I’ve mostly forgotten BP times. But I can remember optimism that our defense and running game was going to dominate and be the difference in the week or season. :-) what an idiot!!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:54 PM 10-06-2021

[Reply]
DomCasual 03:02 PM 10-06-2021

It's really not, though.

There is a distinction between "taking a step forward," and "ready to contend for a Lombardi."

People can talk about how the three teams they beat to start the year were bad. Well, we've been that bad team. In the last five years, we come out of those games 1-2 or, at best, 2-1. This year, we beat them fairly handily. That is called a giant step forward.

We laid an egg against Baltimore. Injuries played a large part of that. When you have Mahomes, you can weather a bunch of injuries. When you have Bridgewater (and Lock), you can't. Clearly, no one has any confidence in Lock. The game was over when he came in.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03:02 PM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'd be running angry too if I has to spend 4 years on a team with zero chance at a SB.
Not so fast. Reinforcements are arriving.

#broncos WR Jerry Jeudy (ankle) has had a good week of progress. It was originally considered a 6-8 week recovery. Right now Denver believes there is some hope for Jeudy to be returning in 6 weeks. That would slate a possible return in Week 7 against the #browns on 10/21.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) October 6, 2021

Ronald Darby will practice this week. He could possibly play, per Fangio.

— Zac Stevens (@ZacStevensDNVR) October 6, 2021

[Reply]
Page 2651 of 4894
« First < 1651215125512601264126472648264926502651 265226532654265526612701275131513651 > Last »
Up