View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 19 of 343
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:39 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
This.

In a world where an actual shitty tackle like Cam Robinson gets 3/54, an above-average T like Brown is going to be in the low 20s. All about the stucture.

He's not an elite guy, and he is susceptible to the speed rush. But a good speed rush is pretty literally the ONLY way to beat him. You're not going through him. Power move attempts are going to get you clowned.

Like I said yesterday, it's all about the structure. If the sticker price is 6/145, but the actual price is something like 4/90 (with some dead money in year 5 or 6), I have no concerns or problems with the deal.
People can bitch all they want, yell get off my lawn comments at the internet sphere but the market for very average is set, 3 years/$54 million. He can be a top 10 LT. Improve his skill at slowing down speed rushers.

Gave up a 1st and 3rd to get him here. Going to have to give up that and more to move up to 17-20 to get a prospect that may or may not pan out. Why?
[Reply]
kccrow 03:16 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wow. There's a lot of shit on that list. It took Bolles to his 4th season to finally break out and not be a complete bust, Wynn has been injury prone his entire career, only playing in 34 games in 4 seasons, and has been moved from T to G before finally putting together a halfway decent season in 2021 at LT. Jackson was an absolutely horrific LT and needed a switch to G to save his career. If those are your best examples we need to keep Brown at absolutely all costs.
Bolles followed a normal growth of a rookie, so unfortunately he became what may be the best LT in the game after 3 seasons and is a guy worth paying because he actually can protect at QB now. Still waiting on OBJ to do that. I like him on the tag this year because maybe he will.

Luck with injury isn't exactly a factor here for me. Wynn is a good LT. That's like saying every player taken in the 20s is going to be injury-prone.

But anyhow, here's a few more...

Taylor Decker - 16.
DJ Humphries - 24
Nate Solder - 17
Anthony Costanzo - 22

Are those guys shit too?

That's not even mentioning a guy like Donovan Smith taken at the top of 2.

And there are guys just around 15 like Kolton Miller at 15, Tunsil at 13, Wirfs at 13, and so on. Not impossible to get to.

I don't hate OBJ or even not want to sign him, but signing a guy who is a liability against the pass rush on a passing team for 24+ a season is foolish to me. I like him enough to give him next-tier money, 18-19 is reasonable for a guy that isn't a top-shelf player but in an ever-ascending market. He's not reasonable with his demand and I wouldn't match it, at least not now. I like him on the tag this year. Let him prove he can be a true blindside protector because right now he's not. At least not a guy you can leave on an island and scheme to him instead of around him. If you're going to do that, you might as well be playing a rookie there and suffering the same ups and downs.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:21 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Do you think that’s realistic when that’s the amount of money a below average LT just got this off-season on a multi-year deal?

18/year now buys Cam Robinson.
I don't think he's better than an above-average LT. And you can cite Cam Robinson all you want, but Matthews and Miller just signed 18 per extensions and they are much better players. Mailata just signed for 16 per, who I'd put in the discussion with Brown. Absolutely no fucking way I'm paying Brown better than guys like Williams and Bahktiari who are far better players.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:36 PM 05-28-2022
VEACH!!!!
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:50 PM 05-28-2022
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-of...rankings-tiers

I know it is PFF but what an article.
Tier 5: Late bloomers
23. Orlando Brown Jr., Kansas City Chiefs

Browns’ success in pass protection with the Ravens came with the caveat that defenses have to alter how they rush the passer against Lamar Jackson, as pass-rushers are often tasked with containing Jackson rather than flushing him from the pocket.

Brown had to make adjustments in Kansas City after some early-season struggles, notably in Week 1 against Myles Garrett, but he settled in as the season progressed. The 6-foot-8, 345-pound tackle out of Oklahoma finished the year with a 74.4 PFF pass-blocking grade — the lowest of his career but still a respectable mark.

He projects as a good, not great, starter for Kansas City, which makes the upcoming contract negotiation between the two sides an interesting one to follow.
[Reply]
xztop123 05:10 PM 05-28-2022
I agree fully with pff analysis. I would try to get value out of him in a trade.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:10 PM 05-28-2022
What value would you get if he wants to be the highest paid LT but doesn't deserve it?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 05:54 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
What value would you get if he wants to be the highest paid LT but doesn't deserve it?
In addition to a well earned lesson, anything you can and you move on.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:55 PM 05-28-2022
Fuck his crazy demands. Trade his ass or cut his ass. Put his back up out there or move Thuney there.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 06:00 PM 05-28-2022
He’s a good but not great left tackle. Veach shouldn’t (and likely won’t) overpay.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:11 PM 05-28-2022
Thuney isn't going to just bounce out to LT full time without a significant bump in pay.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:20 PM 05-28-2022
The hole Tyreek left in the roster was bridged with a strong WR class coming up in the draft and some solid FA on the market. What alternatives are there when it comes to really good LT's entering their prime? When you're drafting at 32 the options are minimal at best.

Orlando has all the leverage and he's setting the bar at the top of the market price. These negotiations will be tricky but Veach and the KC FO are the class of the league. It'll get done and it'll make sense for both parties. We have to have him. We were lucky to get him here to begin with.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:31 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I just hate paying top end money for a good player not a great one.

That’s what the Faiders did with Derek Carr.

It’s a bad position to be in where you need a great player at that position but none are available so you are stuck with a good player but paying them like a great player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, and the deal ended up being a bargain compared to what QB after him signed for.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:32 PM 05-28-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
**** his crazy demands. Trade his ass or cut his ass. Put his back up out there or move Thuney there.
Tuckdaddy is rerunned
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:36 PM 05-28-2022
FAs present and future be watching
[Reply]
Page 19 of 343
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up