Page 353 of 934
« First < 253303343349350351352353 354355356357363403453853 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:10 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The best thing that can happen the first time you trade is that you lose $. Sorta puts the reality into it.
Probably better is margin calls. Be on margin once and shit gets real. Shit gets real real fast.

Hilariously I went to this conference KSU put on. Their Econ department had put together this hedging program where you sell puts against your MPCI guarantee I think. I wasn’t to interested in it. But I laughed when the first screen after the title screen said in giant red letters

Do not do this if you haven’t LOST MONEY trading options.

Then he talked for like 3 minutes about trading options wasn’t enough. You had to lose money doing it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:21 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I was wondering if some of the gurus would share advice on the different selling options.

Example, a stop limit vs a trailing stop.

Example, I have abc stock that has gone up from $5 to $17. I want to lock in a profit at $15. Am I correct that the trailing stop $ would be to "sell, $2 trailing stop"? Then if it drops to $15, the trade happens.?. The trailing percentage is the same except I would do the sell 10% trailing stop and it would sell if there were ever a 10% drop, but that adjusts as long as the price continues to rise?

I'm trying to learn some of this on the fly and I've read about it but want to make sure I'm making the trades I want to make.
You're probably already aware of this site but if not ,you can punch in any term or question in the search bar and learn stuff in all aspects of stock investing.

https://www.investopedia.com/
[Reply]
RustShack 03:43 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You only lose money if you sell.

I didn't sell a fucking thing today.
I mean I didn’t “lose”, I didn’t sell anything and I know it was a bit of a down day some I’m not too worried yet.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:54 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I mean I didn’t “lose”, I didn’t sell anything and I know it was a bit of a down day some I’m not too worried yet.
Watching your investments can be very emotional,just FYI. You'll watch them do really good and feel like you're king of the stock market and then you'll watch them crash and you'll feel like you're the dumbest bastard alive. It's like being a member of CP. You'll need skin a foot thick. And patience.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:10 PM 06-09-2020
I visited with my Edward Jones advisor yesterday and am now totally convinced they /he , are fucking dumbasses. I had a suspicion already but now I'm convinced.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:14 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I visited with my Edward Jones advisor yesterday and am now totally convinced they /he , are fucking dumbasses. I had a suspicion already but now I'm convinced.
He probably is. Those “advisors” typically don’t know shit. They get guidance from the mothership that’s the extent of what most guys know. Exceptions of course exist. I’m sure there are a lot of good ones out there. But you can be a real dumbass and get a job because you’re a good salesman, pass the series 6 and be a company man.

On top of that Ed Jones fees are expensive.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:25 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I have an Edward Jones account that's all you need to know
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:28 PM 06-09-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
He probably is. Those “advisors” typically don’t know shit. They get guidance from the mothership that’s the extent of what most guys know. Exceptions of course exist. I’m sure there are a lot of good ones out there. But you can be a real dumbass and get a job because you’re a good salesman, pass the series 6 and be a company man.

On top of that Ed Jones fees are expensive.
supposedly mine has been 42 so far this year and I am still up even after the crash ymmv
[Reply]
Doob02 08:04 AM 06-10-2020
I think the stocks caught the covid today...
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:07 AM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Doob02:
Should definitely know more in a couple weeks
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:17 AM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Doob02:
Tesla hit $1k today!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:54 AM 06-10-2020
someone just bought 3 million dolla worth

[Reply]
lewdog 12:20 PM 06-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
someone just bought 3 million dolla worth

I could be making a killing swing/day trading this thing! The daily price swings have been insane.
[Reply]
jdubya 01:53 PM 06-10-2020
My etrade has had a glitch the last 2 days and I have been locked out. Been on the phone with them all morning and we figured it out...(my fault, long story) Bottom line is i have to create a new account and transfer funds then. New account wont be ready to go until Monday morning at the latest, maybe sooner. Might be just as well. I like my position at the moment and I already know I would have bought something too high yesterday if I wasnt locked out so it saved me from being a damn fool once already lol.
[Reply]
philfree 02:57 PM 06-10-2020
DOCU has been my best performer since I got back into stocks this spring. Up 100%.
[Reply]
Page 353 of 934
« First < 253303343349350351352353 354355356357363403453853 > Last »
Up