ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 313
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
In58men 09:54 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If Gay and Bolden play up to their potential, that's even less reason for us to depend on the edges for our pass rush. That allows Jones and Reed to do what they do best more often.

Poor LB play has been a huge part of why we've struggled against the run the past few years. It hasn't all been the line's fault
Stop fucking calling him Bolden, you’ve done that shit before.

Get your head out of your ass.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:56 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:

But you had the nerve to ask me why I’m so aggressive?

Seriously, how many times has SNR messed up Bolton’s name?
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:58 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sorry. I've got O.City AIDS
[Reply]
In58men 09:59 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Obviously I was just messing with the guy lol.
[Reply]
Wallymo 10:00 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Chiefs camp day 1: WHY ISNT NIANG THE STARTER?

JFC guys. I'm positive its Remmers job to lose. And getting him 2nd team LT snaps is a solid plan for if OBJ goes down or doesnt work out. We may be one of those teams now that kicks the RT over if the LT goes down instead of plugging in some middle of the road guard tweener of the scrap pile.
Agreed.

I believe the o-line we see today is the same as in game 1. As has been discussed, there are inherent risks in starting three "rookies" next to each other. We must protect Jesus at all costs. Remmer's agent said at the time that he was told his client will be the starting right tackle and I think he will be proven correct.

And I don't think Trey Smith will de denied. Such stupidity that he fell so far in the draft. He's a physical specimen and had the production on tape to go WAY higher than where we got him. Huge steal. If the blood condition really is under control, Trey may have multiple pro bowls in his future. You start those types of talents right away if you can.

Niang is taking left tackle snaps today because he will be our swing tackle for both spots. Perfect. He will take over right tackle next year when Remmer's one-year deal is up. But Niang will also now know both tackle spots as run by the team. So if, god forbid, Orlando goes down the team will have more options.

Love it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:01 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Habit. I know a Nick Bolden in real life. This is the first time I've realized I made the mistake.

At least I'm not RunKC. He still thinks we've got a DL named Derrick Nnandi. And he's been doing it for three years, not three months.
[Reply]
-King- 10:01 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Early in camp,

Doesn't mean alot. I think they will still put Long with the 1s before season starts.
They're going to put a shitty injured player with the 1s before the season starts? That would be bold.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:02 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Habit. I know a Nick Bolden in real life. This is the first time I've realized I made the mistake.

At least I'm not RunKC. He still thinks we've got a DL named Derrick Nnandi. And he's been doing it for three years, not three months.
:-)

I was genuinely asking because that’s the first time I’ve seen it. That makes sense though. Lately I’ve had the habit of calling Darell Henderson of the Rams DeAngelo because he’s from Memphis and plays RB like DeAngelo Williams.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:05 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I personally would rather:

- GREAT RUN blocking with good pass blocking
vs
- Great Pass blocking with good run blocking.

WE CAN'T HAVE BOTH BECAUSE CHIEFS
I actually agree with this because Mahomes is amazing behind almost any line. Great run blocking opens up the running game which in turn opens up the passing game where Mahomes is the best in the league by a wide margin.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:07 AM 07-28-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Bell and those other TE scrubs never had a chance. Can’t wait to see this guy in action

In news that shocks no one. :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 10:08 AM 07-28-2021
Trey Smith is going to start isn’t he? This OL is gonna be fucking awesome

If he wins the starting job as a late round draft pick? Oh my that will be a huge win for Veach.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10:10 AM 07-28-2021
Trey Smith is going to start isn’t he? This OL is gonna be fucking awesome

Or, (unpopular opinion ahead), they're letting Smith run because he was at the OTAs/mini-camp and LDT is still getting up to football speed. It's the first day of camp - assume nothing is carved into stone no matter how much it fits into the popular discussions on this board.

Just a thought
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10:15 AM 07-28-2021
And now back to camp news:

.@WillieG___ Like what I’m seeing today and another carry over from the excellent OTAs…50 active-explosive-understanding and getting hands on the ball…now can he stack Em up? @chiefs @KCChiefs_Matt

— Mitch Holthus (@mitchholthus) July 28, 2021

[Reply]
Dante84 10:21 AM 07-28-2021

Been reporting since Kyle Long's injury that Trey Smith was positioned to start for the Chiefs next to Creed Humphrey.

And on the first day of camp, Smith is with the 1s.

IYKYK.

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) July 28, 2021

[Reply]
Dante84 10:21 AM 07-28-2021

The best linebacker today has been Willie Gay.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) July 28, 2021

[Reply]
Page 16 of 313
« First < 61213141516 171819202666116 > Last »
Up