ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1138 of 2694
« First < 13863810381088112811341135113611371138 113911401141114211481188123816382138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:19 PM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I don't think it has anything to do with endorsements. His father called him Showtime as a small kid. I don't blame Pat for wanting to stick to the nickname his dad gave him.

When he was at Tech, a lot of people called him Patty Ice. I think "Magic" is a very accurate description of how he plays the game, even if people think it's too much of a copycat name after Magic Johnson.

In the end I could see something simple like Saint Patrick being the one that sticks. Sort of like Big Ben. Patrick is a pretty unique first name for quarterbacks. I'd be curious to know who is the most recent NFL starting QB with the first name Patrick before Mahomes showed up in the league.
There is just something weird about Patrick asking to specifically be called Showtime. From every interview I have heard with him, and his post game pressers, he is all about giving credit to his teammates, often downplaying his play.

Like the left handed pass. He said that he got the ball to Tyreek and Tyreek "made a great play" to get the first down.

So, because of his usual low key approach to passing credit to others, I just feel like there has to be a reason he requested to be called Showtime. Nicknames are given by others, and and you can't control it. A player can brand himself anything he wants, but you can't stop people from referring to you by whatever nickname they decide on.

I said Deion was the only player I can remember who gave himself the nickname that stuck.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:48 PM 10-03-2018

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:50 PM 10-03-2018
:-)

[Reply]
Basileus777 11:52 PM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
How many great QBs have nicknames?

Brady? The Golden Boy - but that's kinda derogatory.
Godgers - but announcers don't use it.
Manning, Marino, Elway, Favre, Brees, Rivers, Montana, Young, Aikman?
Nicknames are more of a basketball thing. Matty Ice is the closest thing to a QB nickname that has stuck in recent years.

Originally Posted by DRM08:
I've heard people on TV this year calling Rodgers "A-Rod."
That's just a shortened version of his regular name. It hardly counts.
[Reply]
Talisman 12:12 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Sherlock Mahomes is also cute, but that was Rich just trying to be clever. It's not suitable.
Sherlock is fine, but you have to spell it the right way...

Sure Lock

Because when Mahomes plays, he's... eh, you get it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:55 AM 10-04-2018
Quarter season MVP selection

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...r-best-rookies

Originally Posted by :
First: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs

I tend to avoid picking players who have three games when everyone else already has played four, but unless Mahomes lays an absolute egg Monday night against a Broncos defense that has been only league average to start the season, he's going to top these rankings. As good as Brees, Goff and others have been, Mahomes has been an absolute force of nature to start the season.

I wrote about Mahomes & Co. last week, and since they haven't played over the ensuing week, the numbers and the stories still apply. Yes, Mahomes enjoys the benefits of playing for a brilliant offensive mind and gets to throw to the league's best set of weapons.

He's also hitting throws into impossible windows, ruthlessly exploiting mismatches and forcing teams to cover every inch of the field as deep as 60 or 70 yards downfield just with the sheer threat of his arm strength. Mahomes spent most of the second halves of the first three weeks killing clock. It's scary to think, but we haven't even seen what the second-year quarterback is capable of doing when the Chiefs need to score points. If Mahomes remains as deadly as he has been through the first three weeks of 2018, we won't see the Chiefs look desperate to score points anytime soon.

[Reply]
Nickhead 05:08 AM 10-04-2018
PMSL!!

C Carter says: you don't want to go into kc during the playoffs... now MAYBE. but very poor choice of words. :-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:48 AM 10-04-2018

pat mahomes' voice sounds the way a fried pickle tastes

— Mina Kimes (@minakimes) October 3, 2018

[Reply]
ptlyon 07:05 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by :
Mahomes spent most of the second halves of the first three weeks killing clock. It's scary to think, but we haven't even seen what the second-year quarterback is capable of doing when the Chiefs need to score points.
Done
[Reply]
Mecca 07:08 AM 10-04-2018
It's like Chris Simms said, as good as he's been he's left 3 or 4 big plays on the field in every game. He's going to get better..
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:36 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
But the Broncos did put some tape on how to slow the offense down.
Get outta here. They played a great game, but a lot of teams don't have their talent first of all, and above all else, we had no Watkins, and both Kelce and Hill were VISIBLY struggling due to the altitude.

They also sold out to stop the pass and Hunt ran wild, and although you can argue that is a smart strategy, I bet most teams don't do it. And I bet if any do, we'll still convert a lot more drives into points than we did in the first 3 quarters of that game with our full lineup.
[Reply]
bowener 07:49 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's like Chris Simms said, as good as he's been he's left 3 or 4 big plays on the field in every game. He's going to get better..
This keeps getting lost in everything. He is JUST starting his career and only going to get better. At some point next season I assume he will start calling some of the plays from the LOS, and ultimately we will run the entire offense through him just like Manning used to do. He is that kind of talent and we get to watch him flourish for the next 15-20 years.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:20 AM 10-04-2018

[Reply]
DRM08 10:34 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Bill Polian is spot on. Combo of Marino/Rodgers/Favre. I can’t believe my school found him, lol
[Reply]
penchief 11:12 AM 10-04-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Wow, Chris Canty is a good listen. Shit tons better than Mangini.
[Reply]
Page 1138 of 2694
« First < 13863810381088112811341135113611371138 113911401141114211481188123816382138 > Last »
Up