ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 884 of 934
« First < 384784834874880881882883884 885886887888894 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
ghak99 05:17 PM 11-30-2022
He's publicly facing off with a rabid emotional machine. The very people who propped the price up for years are turning on him. I'm not going to suggest where to put it in this environment, but I sure wouldn't leave it there.

Maybe Lew can offer us a hint of anything he's seeing with a positive indicator.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:23 PM 11-30-2022
What is everyone thinking on interest rates? Locally rates savings accounts have improved slightly (still terrible), but with the movement in rates, it might be worth trying to manage my cash position a little more intensively.

What are you guys doing? How much of a rate improvement would you consider opening an account and moving money for?

Any other options out there? I have some operating capital in a corporation that will be idle for a few months, I've considered picking up a 3 month CD for a portion of it. Should I be looking for something else?

It's been a long time since interest rates have been enough to worry about.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:31 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by ghak99:
He's publicly facing off with a rabid emotional machine. The very people who propped the price up for years are turning on him. I'm not going to suggest where to put it in this environment, but I sure wouldn't leave it there.

Maybe Lew can offer us a hint of anything he's seeing with a positive indicator.
That's what I think is happening and that's what I'd be afraid of if I held Tesla stock.

I'm an idiot, but I'm selling a bit of SPY and buying Deere (DE). I had exited because I was worried about production problems/delays impacting earnings. Which they should be hitting. I was wrong. That bitch is outrunning SPY at the moment. I'm going to do some set it and forget it positions there, and if the price falls, I'll just keep the dividends.
[Reply]
EPodolak 05:54 PM 11-30-2022
Don't have Tesla stock anymore myself, sold it awhile back before the most recent split. No regrets there. Would be happy to see my mutual fund drop it out of its top ten holdings too. Nothing like an erratic and unpredictable (to me) CEO to lower future confidence.
[Reply]
scho63 08:48 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What is everyone thinking on interest rates? Locally rates savings accounts have improved slightly (still terrible), but with the movement in rates, it might be worth trying to manage my cash position a little more intensively.

What are you guys doing? How much of a rate improvement would you consider opening an account and moving money for?

Any other options out there? I have some operating capital in a corporation that will be idle for a few months, I've considered picking up a 3 month CD for a portion of it. Should I be looking for something else?

It's been a long time since interest rates have been enough to worry about.
I would buy some good REITs. You'll get a nice dividend and the will go up in price soon as rates will go down.

Take a look at BDN.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:37 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I would buy some good REITs. You'll get a nice dividend and the will go up in price soon as rates will go down.

Take a look at BDN.
I've got some BDN already.

I probably don't need to be doing too much of that with my corporate Operating Capital.
[Reply]
scho63 06:01 AM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I've got some BDN already.

I probably don't need to be doing too much of that with my corporate Operating Capital.
NO!

Check out a short term high grade corporate bond expiring in 3-4 months.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:29 PM 12-21-2022
This is a useful link for calculating what you'll have saved for retirement (at what age you choose) and can be used to predict how long your money may last. You can manipulate variables to see how much you should be contributing, what you plan to live on in retirement and how you'll need to adjust if you're behind your goals.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/investing...ent-calculator
[Reply]
scho63 08:47 AM 12-22-2022
This market is like the old medieval racks.

They turn the wheel a little more each day to add more pain.
[Reply]
scho63 09:04 AM 12-22-2022
HOW'S THAT AMC SHORT SQUEEZE COMING ALONG MTG#10?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:35 AM 12-22-2022
HOW'S THAT AMC SHORT SQUEEZE COMING ALONG MTG#10?

I made almost $500 this morning off that sell off. In at $4.00 out at 4.60

AMC has turned into a swing trading paradise.

I've been playing several of these revers splits and doing pretty well.

CEOs have learned to Shotgun a reverse split and trap short positions into immediately having to cover. They need to do a ticker change to do it right.

Adam AAron the AMC CEO is going about it all wrong. He's AND idiot!

If he would have just shotgunned the APE shares, Immediate RS and change the ticker to ASS , it would have worked perfectly.
[Reply]
scho63 10:51 AM 12-22-2022
My stocks are getting crushed like grapes during wine harvest.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:34 AM 12-22-2022
My stocks are getting crushed like grapes during wine harvest.

SOXS was the play today. Any time the SPY is tanking ,thats the one to be in. I sold mine to early and left money on the table.

Liquidated ALL my long term stocks a while back and only day and swing trade now. I was tired of watching my "Long term portfolio drain.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:39 AM 12-22-2022
I'm putting 750k into a 4.35% Ally CD.

This is the part you guys tell me how stupid I am.

Seems like a good deal to me. No risk. I dont have to pay a financial advisor to potentially lose money for me and I dont have to do.....anything. Thats the best part. 33k to sit on my ass. Sold.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:43 AM 12-22-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm putting 750k into a 4.35% Ally CD.

This is the part you guys tell me how stupid I am.

Seems like a good deal to me. No risk. I dont have to pay a financial advisor to potentially lose money for me and I dont have to do.....anything. Thats the best part. 33k to sit on my ass. Sold.
A CD is probably stupid idea versus putting the max FDIC deposit in a few different money market accounts that have limited and/or time-bound penalties for withdrawals.
[Reply]
Page 884 of 934
« First < 384784834874880881882883884 885886887888894 > Last »
Up