ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 190
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:23 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Although that analogy also requires an admission that Brady actually carried his teams when he was younger, which I don't think he did either. He almost always had the benefit of an elite defense behind him in NE.
Good point. Brady was a game manager early in his career, and he’s kind of gone back to that albeit with some ridiculously good weapons.

He’s absolutely the football GOAT, but when you’re comparing him to guys like MJ and Lebron, this stuff matters.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:24 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s absolutely worth discussing because you’re saying that he “switched teams during a pandemic” as if it made things more difficult, but it didn’t.

I’m not trying to shit on Brady here at all, but it’s the truth.

He has 3 WR’s that could be #1s, the leagues best defense, and a top 10 OL.
Well, what he did was unprecedented so I give him props.

Maybe things didn't feel as restricted where you live, so your perspective is different than mine, but as someone who was locked down for a year, it blows my mind that he was able to accomplish what he accomplished last season.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:24 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I get that, for sure. But as you said, they're different sports but the fact that Brady can do what he does at age 43 is absolutely insane.

Man, I've always eaten well, exercised nearly every day, and taken care of my body but holy shit, age 40 is such a bitch!

I'm just in awe of these guys that can perform at that level at or near that age.
I understand your point, and for the longevity that Brady has on his resume, he absolutely belongs in the conversation with those guys.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 06-02-2021
Well, what he did was unprecedented so I give him props.

Maybe things didn't feel as restricted where you live, so your perspective is different than mine, but as someone who was locked down for a year, it blows my mind that he was able to accomplish what he accomplished last season.
Yea I suppose being in Florida does give me a different perspective there, but that’s also where Brady was too.

Again, huge props to Brady for what he’s accomplished though, just trying to provide context.

It’s pretty amazing that we got to see Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, and Brady. Now we get to watch Mahomes career play out too. We’re absolutely blessed as sports fans. I hate Brady and Lebron, but I’d be lying if I told you they don’t bring out the kind of passion in me that makes sports more fun.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:33 PM 06-02-2021
Here’s a question now that Lebron is finally starting to show his age:

Who has next in the NBA?

I think Luka is the obvious answer, but Lamelo Ball has a chance too.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:48 PM 06-02-2021

Who has next in the NBA?

It's Doncic although he doesn't play defense and he needs to start taking his fitness seriously at some point. He does not appear to be in the best of shape for someone at his age.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:14 PM 06-02-2021

lol really? calling someone who plays arguably the hardest position in sports lucky after doing it for 20 years and is in top of all stats/awards/championships. lol I get he's a troll, but they might as well show dropped int on montana vs the bengals or any what if play lol
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:03 PM 06-02-2021

Who has next in the NBA?

The best thing about LeBron getting the 1st round bootski is we kind of get to move on to that. Luka looks the part for sure but won't be the defensive stopper MJ and Kobe were.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:09 PM 06-02-2021
:-)

NBA players were subjected to a ****ed up season in 2020, played in the Bubble, barely had any time off to heal, only to return to another full season shortly after last season ended.

Injuries are going to happen with that kind of schedule. The human body can only take so much trauma without breaking down, which is why we've seen so many injuries this season.

I'm sure that most of these guys are hoping the Olympics are cancelled because I just don't see how they can compete in Japan, then turn around and begin another NBA season without any significant time off to allow their bodies to heal and rest.
Oh please. Davis has a history of injuries. He's made of glass. I'm sure the last season contributed but you can't blame his health issues on the pandemic.

Modern NBA players miss too many games compared to their predecessors. The 3 point shot and the weak mental attitude that comes with "load management" has pussified these players. Guys used to play through more pain and miss fewer games despite playing in a more physical league with more contact in the post. Davis is a perfect definition of finnesse and softness. Great player but brokedick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:16 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The best thing about LeBron getting the 1st round bootski is we kind of get to move on to that. Luka looks the part for sure but won't be the defensive stopper MJ and Kobe were.
Dame? Steph? Giannis? Jokic?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:19 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Dame? Steph? Giannis? Jokic?
All amazing players but I think people are looking for the next big thing. Steph and Dame are already 30. Luka is young and still ascending.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 03:34 PM 06-02-2021
That's great and all, but if he didn't have an elite defense that carried him to another title, none of that would matter. He'd just be another QB that had a good season (he was probably barely a top 10 QB last year and even that might be generous given where his arm strength is now).

Michael Jordan didn't have to be carried to titles.
Psssst that Buccaneers defense wasn't "elite".
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:43 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You still have to factor in individual talent and also Jordan has 2 3 pets and probably left more on the table. But I agree that when discussing sports GOATS Jordan, Brady and maybe Mayweather are the ones at the top. If you go by ship's only you run into the old Bill Russell argument.

1. Gretzky
2. Whoever else

Mahomes has the potential to overtake Gretzky
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:54 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
1. Gretzky
2. Whoever else

Mahomes has the potential to overtake Gretzky
No. Gretzky was lapping everyone else statistically. He wasn't human. The 8 consecutive MVPs help also.

If Mahomes throws 70 TD passes the next seven consecutive seasons, together with say 7,000 yards per year, then he'd be Gretzky. Gretzky was like Wilt statistically, only he kept that level of dominance for the entire decade.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:00 PM 06-02-2021
Good point. Brady was a game manager early in his career, and he’s kind of gone back to that albeit with some ridiculously good weapons.

He’s absolutely the football GOAT, but when you’re comparing him to guys like MJ and Lebron, this stuff matters.
Winning a Super Bowl on a new team that was a loser the year before and navigating through a pandemic and then going on the road to beat 2 HOF QB’s then beat a future HOF QB in the SB.

How many HOF QB’s have done that?

Say what you want but the Atlanta comeback Super Bowl win gives him a ton of credit as well
[Reply]
Page 72 of 190
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Up