ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 33
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:19 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's fucking hilarious. And I don't watch Lower Decks.
Live Action Marina is an irritating bitch, I'll give Jack Quaid credit that he didn't over act when he went 3 dimensional.

M'Benga is the Raylon Givens of the Enterprise where he is cool and calm on the surface but has seething anger.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 09:21 PM 07-27-2023
I thought the musical episode was next. I guess that's next week.

Expecting something musical and happy and silly made this one even darker, and boy, it was deeply fucking dark. Lots of fighting and violence, but ground based. Again, very reminiscent of an old DS9 episode - the one where the crew was stranded with a ground unit fighting a protracted battle against the Jem'Hadar.

Excellent episode, though. The past three and next episode have been tense psychological thriller, comedy, today's PTSD rage fest, and up next, musical Star Trek!

They definitely like to change things up from week to week.

Still waiting for moar space battles.......
The Siege of AR-558
[Reply]
stumppy 09:39 PM 07-27-2023
This one is my favorite of this season so far.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:41 PM 07-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
The Siege of AR-558
That's the one.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:25 AM 07-28-2023
I thought the musical episode was next. I guess that's next week.

Expecting something musical and happy and silly made this one even darker, and boy, it was deeply fucking dark. Lots of fighting and violence, but ground based. Again, very reminiscent of an old DS9 episode - the one where the crew was stranded with a ground unit fighting a protracted battle against the Jem'Hadar.

Excellent episode, though. The past three and next episode have been tense psychological thriller, comedy, today's PTSD rage fest, and up next, musical Star Trek!

They definitely like to change things up from week to week.

Still waiting for moar space battles.......
I enjoyed that conversation between Pike and M'Benga at the end of the episode. It was well done.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:48 AM 07-28-2023
It's fucking hilarious. And I don't watch Lower Decks.
That was last weeks "bonus" episode, and it was absolutely fantastic.

This weeks episode has a Klingon defector in it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:44 AM 07-28-2023
Incoming transport. Incoming transport. Incoming transport.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:27 PM 07-31-2023
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Incoming transport. Incoming transport. Incoming transport.
Yeah, that was a brutal little detail.

So thinking about that episode, basically M'Benga admitted to being the Butcher of J'Gal, murdered a Federation Ambassador, had Chappel conspire to a fake story of self-defense, then had Pike cover all of it up in an official report to Starfleet. That's about as dark as you can get, and certainly as dark as the show has gotten so far. I wonder if there will be blowback for all that for the Enterprise crew down the road....
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:10 PM 07-31-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, that was a brutal little detail.

So thinking about that episode, basically M'Benga admitted to being the Butcher of J'Gal, murdered a Federation Ambassador, had Chappel conspire to a fake story of self-defense, then had Pike cover all of it up in an official report to Starfleet. That's about as dark as you can get, and certainly as dark as the show has gotten so far. I wonder if there will be blowback for all that for the Enterprise crew down the road....

My guess is that it comes back sometime during S5. Too good a hook not to revisit that at some point during the final season.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:37 AM 08-04-2023
Watched the musical. There were some enjoyable bits here and there. But, overall, let's just forget that this happened.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:57 AM 08-04-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Watched the musical. There were some enjoyable bits here and there. But, overall, let's just forget that this happened.

Lol, pretty much ditto. I'm not a fan of musicals in the first place, but SNW has been so good overall I tried to keep an open mind about it.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, and it had some surprisingly good moments in there. The singing and the orchestration of the songs themselves were actually a lot better than I would've ever given them credit for.

But I'm really glad that's over.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:12 PM 08-04-2023
20 minutes in right now... this is rough.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:14 PM 08-04-2023
I've put it off for a couple of days, but I'm going to attempt to watch it now.

*bracing myself*
[Reply]
Frazod 06:34 PM 08-04-2023
Ugh...... :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:10 PM 08-04-2023
Well, that was.... painful.

At least it seemed the actors were having fun. But please, no more space musicals.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 33
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up