Page 98 of 4817
« First < 48889495969798 991001011021081481985981098 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:22 AM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Any objective Bronco fan knows they should have ended the Manning experiment after last season. Keeping him around for his final year with an entirely new coaching staff...was just a marketing attempt to mask a rebuild.

It essentially has stunted AssMeller's growth...and they still wont know what they have in him. His contract expires after the season too...that should be an interesting situation. They have no other realistic option grooming behind him. A pragmatic GM would have cut ties and used this as a transition season...and given his new coaching staff a chance to evaluate the QB...knowing his contract is in its final year.

Manning has doomed this franchise for at least a couple of season....Elway's getting what he deserves. The more money he threw at the team...the worse they got.
That's more mental finger crossing and hope than reality...

And, I get it. It's been a painful few years with Manning after what looked like years of stupid with the Cutler/Orton/Tebow reigns.

Who knows, maybe his arm is shot now and it is everything you say --- I hightly doubt it because that's incredibly insane to think a franchise would do that in this league.

I will grant you this - there is not a QBotF on that team at this point, I don't think Brock is that guy. So, yeah it's SB or Bust (as it has been the last 3 seasons). We'll worry about 2016 in 2016.

If his arm was junk, you'd hear about it from a former teammate like Julius Thomas.. and I doubt you'd have guys like DT, Sanders, etc talking as positively as they have in recent weeks.

I didn't watch the preseason games... I'll probably watch it this week, but in week 1, I suspect we'll see a QB that can still pass the ball really well.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:24 AM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
That's more mental finger crossing and hope than reality...

And, I get it. It's been a painful few years with Manning after what looked like years of stupid with the Cutler/Orton/Tebow reigns.

Who knows, maybe his arm is shot now and it is everything you say --- I hightly doubt it because that's incredibly insane to think a franchise would do that in this league.

I will grant you this - there is not a QBotF on that team at this point, I don't think Brock is that guy. So, yeah it's SB or Bust (as it has been the last 3 seasons). We'll worry about 2016 in 2016.

If his arm was junk, you'd hear about it from a former teammate like Julius Thomas.. and I doubt you'd have guys like DT, Sanders, etc talking as positively as they have in recent weeks.

I didn't watch the preseason games... I'll probably watch it this week, but in week 1, I suspect we'll see a QB that can still pass the ball really well.
The Sun will yet again shine on the dog's ass that is your favorite NFL franchise when you're able to trade some as-of-yet unknown yet talented headcase to a team which gives you the firepower to move up in the draft for a guy that turns out to be Roethlisberger.

Because Chiefs.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:29 AM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The Sun will yet again shine on the dog's ass that is your favorite NFL franchise when you're able to trade some as-of-yet unknown yet talented headcase to a team which gives you the firepower to move up in the draft for a guy that turns out to be Roethlisberger.

Because Chiefs.
That would rock... hell, I'd settle for Eli being unhappy with NY and finding his way to Denver, but I wouldn't trade what that tag would require for him.

There are not any good FA QBs coming up in 2016, so it sucks for them that Brock looks more like frankenstein than a real QB. But, it is what it is.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:34 AM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
in week 1, I suspect we'll see a QB that can still pass the ball really well.
Week one isn't the issue....week 10 behind these tackles and wear and tear on his arm is what you should be concerned about. Manning doesn't like to get hit...and when he does, he gets skittish. He cant escape the pocket either. I think more games like the Rams will happen this year with that O-line.

He thrives on repetition in practice but Kubiak is holding him out some...I'd expect some rust like he showed in that preseason game. Manning has usually been sharp in preseason..

Kubiak wouldn't be holding him out...if there weren't concerns about his arm declining.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:56 AM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
He played really well last year. In his first couple years a gust of wind would knock him down, but last year he was actually running through arm tackles. He made quite a few big plays last year, and had a couple 40+ yard plays called back by penalty. Don't be surprised when he does some big things this year.
That's different than bringing Jamaals name up when you talk about Hillman
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:12 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Week one isn't the issue....week 10 behind these tackles and wear and tear on his arm is what you should be concerned about. Manning doesn't like to get hit...and when he does, he gets skittish. He cant escape the pocket either. I think more games like the Rams will happen this year with that O-line.

He thrives on repetition in practice but Kubiak is holding him out some...I'd expect some rust like he showed in that preseason game. Manning has usually been sharp in preseason..

Kubiak wouldn't be holding him out...if there weren't concerns about his arm declining.
Rams game... meaning what? I get it was a loss, but he threw for nearly 400 yards and was 34/54... they couldn't do shit running the ball as the Rams controlled the clock. Is that what you're referring to?

And, Kubiak is resting him in preseason because he's 39 years old and they'd like to avoid injury while giving Brock a chance. I don't care that he's missing preseason games.
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:00 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Still waiting on knowmo to eat crow on my spot on camp reports on Mannings arm.
His arm looks the same as it has for the past 3 years.

Arm strength always has been, and remains, the most overrated aspect of being an NFL QB.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:15 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
That's different than bringing Jamaals name up when you talk about Hillman
He might not be 2009 or 2010 Jamaal Charles, but if given the opportunity, he can certainly put up the rushing numbers that Jamaal has from 2011 til now.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 03:05 PM 08-27-2015
He might not be 2009 or 2010 Jamaal Charles, but if given the opportunity, he can certainly put up the rushing numbers that Jamaal has from 2011 til now.
Lol....no

Let's see Hillman tear his ACL. Then the next season rush for 1500 yards on a 2 win team.

Oh and knomo that was in '12. Fuck off
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:06 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
His arm looks the same as it has for the past 3 years.

Arm strength always has been, and remains, the most overrated aspect of being an NFL QB.
Now with even more duck!!! You realize that comment was for knowmo who lied about him throwing howitzers though right? Was like the fuck is he smoking????
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:07 PM 08-27-2015
You make wickedson look of average intelligence
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:22 PM 08-27-2015
If we don't beat Denver week #2. This thread will be even of a disaster than it already is.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:28 PM 08-27-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
If we don't beat Denver week #2. This thread will be even of a disaster than it already is.
Yeah, but by week 10, all the donkey turds will have crawled back under their rocks
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:49 PM 08-27-2015
What? He's been at 4.0 YPC his entire career. One preseason doesn't change eveything for him. Besides, he's not even starting.

Now, Jamaal's 2011 I can see him outdoing.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:58 PM 08-27-2015
Guy's averaged 4.0 YPC in three seasons and you're comparing him to a guy that's played 6 full seasons and never once averaged less than 5.0 YPC...

You should die.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 4817
« First < 48889495969798 991001011021081481985981098 > Last »
Up