« First < 45859192939495 969798991051451955951095 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:47 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by :
Broncos have fingers crossed that Ronnie Hillman finally has arrived

For much of his time with the Denver Broncos, running back Ronnie Hillman has been a swirling combination of untapped potential, flashes of brilliance and migraine-inducing bouts of immaturity.

But the Broncos have now arrived at this moment, on the doorstep of Hillman’s fourth season with the team, hoping the proverbial light has gone on. Because in two games that don’t count in the standings, but might really count on Hillman's resume, Hillman simply has been one of the best players on the field.

“He’s moved himself up’’ is how coach Gary Kubiak put it following the Broncos’ 14-10 preseason win in Houston on Saturday night. “He’s had a really good camp. He’s the guy in the group that has a little bit different -- I don’t want to say talent; you know what I mean -- the gear to get the ball to the edge, so he’s responded, he’s had a really good camp. He deserves more reps and he’s playing like that he’s going to continue to get some more.’’

The Broncos had hoped Hillman was nudging his way toward meeting his potential last season when he had two 100-yard games, but two weeks after the second 100-yard game, in Oakland, he suffered a Lisfranc injury to his foot. He missed six games, and by the time he returned he wasn’t quite the same physically and Anderson was churning out the yardage down the stretch.
http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...an-has-arrived

Is Ronnie Hillman the next Jamaal Charles? I dunno but he is leading the preseason in rushing yards and is averaging 7.5 yards per carry. The crazy thing is... his longest run is only 23 yards. He's consistently getting chunks. He could wind up being the Broncos #1 back sometime this year.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:51 PM 08-26-2015
So last year it was CJ. Now he sucks and it's Hillman. But he's the next Charles so no worries
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:56 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
So last year it was CJ. Now he sucks and it's Hillman. But he's the next Charles so no worries
CJ's still good. Don't underestimate this running scheme. Denver was always at the top of the league in rushing back in the day, expect the same thing this year.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:56 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Who said CJ sucks? They need more than 1 solid RB... I don't trust Hillman or Ball, they fumble too much. CJ looked good last year, we'll see what happens in the 2nd year with him as the starter.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:59 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Mathis isn't going to fix Manning's arm...or his inability to escape pressure. He's going to get injured this season...and when teams realize his deep ball isn't there anymore..they are going to jump the shorter routes. Maybe Denver fans dont want to face reality...but the guy should have retired. This scheme is a terrible fit for him...at his age.

If he were somewhat mobile....I might think he had a chance. It really looks like Kubiak is just "playing ball" with Elway until Peyton leaves. I'm not sure either of them wanted him back. Possibly they are both playing ball with Manning out of respect...but it looks like a train wreck waiting to happen. if Denver doesn't get a substantial running game going...they are ****ed. When teams realize that his arm is shot...they'll focus on the run first.
So will you stick around to own all of your verbal diarrhea in this thread or will you run like a little bitch once the season starts? Just wondering.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:02 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Who said CJ sucks? They need more than 1 solid RB... I don't trust Hillman or Ball, they fumble too much. CJ looked good last year, we'll see what happens in the 2nd year with him as the starter.
I'm just trolling him
[Reply]
TEX 10:03 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by manchambo:
No clue what you're talking about. In 96 Denver was 13-3, had a bye, and blew the divisional game against Jacksonville.
I was talking about the 1st year they won it. Sorry I didn't make that clear. They needed help (SO John could finally get his) and got the calls. TWO in KC.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:08 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-bronc...an-has-arrived

Is Ronnie Hillman the next Jamaal Charles? I dunno but he is leading the preseason in rushing yards and is averaging 7.5 yards per carry. The crazy thing is... his longest run is only 23 yards. He's consistently getting chunks. He could wind up being the Broncos #1 back sometime this year.

:-)

His career ypc is 4.0, but he's the next Charles!!!!

You are CP's forum jester.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:09 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
So will you stick around to own all of your verbal diarrhea in this thread or will you run like a little bitch once the season starts? Just wondering.
yeah..yeah...you'll be gone by week three. When Denver loses at Arrowhead...all the Manning fanboys will vanish...along with your SB fantasy.

Must suck to fantasize..as a grown man...about another 39 year old dude. Do you call him "daddy" in those dreams?

Face it..your entire season lives and dies on Manning's arm....and it's shot. That chapter is over..."Thud"

Those illegal picks were 70% of your offense....no Welker or Thomas now. Without them,...Manning had 50 yards in 4 drives.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:20 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
CJ's still good. Don't underestimate this running scheme. Denver was always at the top of the league in rushing back in the day, expect the same thing this year.
Back in the day...your QB could run the bootleg...it would freeze defenders. NOBODY will care about the play action with Manning's fading arm strength and CJ. He was a product of Manning's passing ability..which no longer exists.

As soon as AssMeller came in...the bootlegs started.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:20 PM 08-26-2015
You guys weren't lying. Peyton definitely looks in end of the season form already. Watching the replay now.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:22 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by TEX:
I was talking about the 1st year they won it. Sorry I didn't make that clear. They needed help (SO John could finally get his) and got the calls. TWO in KC.
Two calls and because Marty. I will always blame Marty for fucking with grbac over the cheating donkies.

Marty deserved to lose that game that way. Stupid son of a bitch earned it.
[Reply]
TEX 10:28 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Two calls and because Marty. I will always blame Marty for ****ing with grbac over the cheating donkies.

Marty deserved to lose that game that way. Stupid son of a bitch earned it.
I'm with you there....:-)

But those two calls accounted for 7 points. Both were just terrible.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:32 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'm with you there....:-)

But those two calls accounted for 7 points. Both were just terrible.
95 hurts worse. 97 just pisses me off.
[Reply]
TEX 10:44 PM 08-26-2015
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
95 hurts worse. 97 just pisses me off.
Marty + the Kicker who shall remain nameless = Epic TOTAL FAIL :-)
[Reply]
Page 95 of 4820
« First < 45859192939495 969798991051451955951095 > Last »
Up