View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 74 of 343
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:34 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why would we trade him before this season post draft? That would make no sense.
It makes perfect sense if you can't come to a deal. If someone else wants to do it, then tag and trade, get some draft capital next spring.

If he's going to hold out, you don't have anything anyway.

I'm not saying this should be plan A, I'm just pondering a plan B in the case that OBJ is just wanting the moon and Veach doesn't want to do it.
[Reply]
TribalElder 07:49 PM 07-12-2022
Is he lazy enough to hold out just so he can skip camp
[Reply]
SAGA45 07:58 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think there's a chance that they trade Brown. Either they will come to terms by Friday afternoon or they will make him go out and earn the right to reset the market.

No big deal. WBF
Has he signed the tag? If not, they can't "make him" do anything. They can't fine him since he isn't contractually obligated to do anything for or with the team. Technically, he's not on the team. They're just paying $16.5 mil for dibs.

Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Translation: Brown's camp leaked this for leverage.
He's had the leverage advantage from the get-go and the This "news" should have been expected. The only way he loses his advantage is by signing the tag.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:11 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Lane Johnson makes about 18M per year. I think that's the top
So he would make around $16.5 on the TAG so not really that far off? What are we missing here? :-):-)
[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:12 PM 07-12-2022
I'm fine with him making about 20 a year.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:14 PM 07-12-2022
Ha, as expected the sucking of OBJ's cotton candy cock has diminished.

The guy isn't that good of a pass blocker and Veach's calling him on it
[Reply]
emaw1979 08:18 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Has he signed the tag? If not, they can't "make him" do anything. They can't fine him since he isn't contractually obligated to do anything for or with the team. Technically, he's not on the team. They're just paying $16.5 mil for dibs.

He's had the leverage advantage from the get-go and the This "news" should have been expected. The only way he loses his advantage is by signing the tag.
He doesn't have the leverage some think he does. The Chiefs hold his rights for the next two years at less than what he is asking for. Also, Thuney came out and played LT against CINCY as well as Brown played all season. Eric Fisher who knows the offense and is healthy is available. I'd be fine with the Chiefs signing Fisher and knowing Thuney can play LT.

Brown really doesn't have leverage. If Thuney/Fisher comes in and balls out the first few weeks then Brown ain't getting his spot back.
[Reply]
-King- 08:37 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It makes perfect sense if you can't come to a deal. If someone else wants to do it, then tag and trade, get some draft capital next spring.

If he's going to hold out, you don't have anything anyway.

I'm not saying this should be plan A, I'm just pondering a plan B in the case that OBJ is just wanting the moon and Veach doesn't want to do it.
Or....just wait until next off season when you can actually use the picks to do it instead of putting yourself in a hole 3 weeks until training camp?
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:39 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
So he would make around $16.5 on the TAG so not really that far off? What are we missing here? :-):-)
The top left tackle salary is like 23 or 24 million. That's a pretty big difference.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:40 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Is he lazy enough to hold out just so he can skip camp
It's not really a matter of "lazy". If he signs the tag and gets hurt in preseason or a camp injury he loses millions in future earnings. He does not benefit by reporting before he stands the chance of losing game checks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:51 PM 07-12-2022
He will sign... JMO... not worth $10 million or so, $5 mil after tax, to hold out...
[Reply]
TEX 09:00 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I don't give a shit if he signs or not but that **** better be at camp and get ready with the team for week uno. He isn't good enough to hold out and be ready for week uno he needs all the reps he can get especially because we are a pass happy team and he pretty much sucks at pass blocking. He is a bulldozer in the run game but that's not what we are about. He needs to go toe to toe with George Karlaftis and make each other better. ****er better not **** us over, not that I can do anything about it but I can make a well cuss word vent post about it.
I'm glad that you came around on this issue. I hope by mid season you'll do the same with CEH.

Hope you're feeling better...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:02 PM 07-12-2022
Well this situation is less than ideal
[Reply]
BWillie 09:03 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Well this situation is less than ideal
Best case scenario. Don't sign his fat ass. Tag him. Whatever you do dont sign him to a long term extension.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:14 PM 07-12-2022

The Chiefs maintain they love Orlando Brown Jr. and want him to be their left tackle of the future, I’m told. Brown wants to be the highest paid left tackle in the NFL. Kansas City is willing to pay top LT money but unwilling to completely reset the position market. (1/2)

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) July 13, 2022

[Reply]
Page 74 of 343
« First < 24647071727374 7576777884124174 > Last »
Up