View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 224 of 343
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
srvy 10:40 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I don't think OBJ does a bad job on that play. Mahomes is in the gun and then drops back another 5-6 yards. Typically if an OT pushes their defender 9-10 yards beyond the LOS the QB has a nice pocket. It's on Wylie for doing a poor job on the stunt and allowing the inside pressure.
I am more concerned that Travis just sets down in the middle of the field and didn't move. Kelce is the guy Patrick looks for in that scramble and quit. Probably just worn out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:22 PM 10-19-2022
Also, I don't understand this obsession some people have with making him play RT.

In Baltimore, he was just as effective as a LT as he was a RT. Maybe even a little bit better. If his deficiencies at the position were masked in Baltimore, what the fuck makes people think he'll be any better as a RT?
[Reply]
BossChief 11:29 PM 10-19-2022
It’s also very possible that he’s still learning to play at a lower weight and that we will start to see improvement in the next couple weeks through the end of the year as he settles in. Especially after the bye if he’s battling an injury.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:38 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s also very possible that he’s still learning to play at a lower weight and that we will start to see improvement in the next couple weeks through the end of the year as he settles in. Especially after the bye if he’s battling an injury.
I'd buy that if he looked quicker at all, but that's not what I'm seeing.

He just looks lost.

At this point, I don't want this guy back at all, at any price.
[Reply]
morphius 07:07 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
The one thing the lower weight would help with is speed rushing, and that is what he is worst at. So, I'm not buying it.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:21 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by morphius:
The one thing the lower weight would help with is speed rushing, and that is what he is worst at. So, I'm not buying it.
Seems to have made him worse. Quickness has not improved and he's just easier to run around now. Maybe he should pork up again. He was at least average last year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:22 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd buy that if he looked quicker at all, but that's not what I'm seeing.

He just looks lost.

At this point, I don't want this guy back at all, at any price.
He has to be gone after this season. They can't bring him back.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:26 AM 10-20-2022
I heard a piece on Sirius NFL Channel a few weeks ago about a team that was having some struggles with their tackles. And the team basically ran all of their plays out of the shotgun.

They said the defense was at the advantage vs the run, because they (especially the LB's) can see the ball and the whole team can play the run while on their way to rush the QB. And the tackles on the team were not very good, so the QB was constantly under pressure on pasing plays.

Their advice was to run more plays under center. They said it slows the DE's enough to let the tackles be more effective, and doesn't allow the defense to play the run on the way to the QB because they can't see the ball.

Now this segment wasn't about us, but it fits.

Without reinventing the offense, could we go under center an extra 10 to 15 plays and help our running game and our passsing game too?

And yes I know we are at the top of the NFL on offense. But there are still issues on that side of the ball that need a little help.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:42 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also, I don't understand this obsession some people have with making him play RT.

In Baltimore, he was just as effective as a LT as he was a RT. Maybe even a little bit better. If his deficiencies at the position were masked in Baltimore, what the fuck makes people think he'll be any better as a RT?
At least when he inevitably gets blitzkrieged by a speedrusher Mahomes can see it coming and adjust a lot easier than if the pressure is coming from his blind side. And no, moving him to RT wouldn't be the answer, unless by some Miracle of God the Chiefs were gifted an above average LT to take over for him. Then he could fuck off either to the right side or to the bench or out the door.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
no one is paying this guy LT money after this season

i bet we get a pretty good starting RT out of this fiasco

let varch WRK
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You are completely clueless when it comes to shit like this. Anyone who thinks that Brown is going to just give up on being a LT....is borderline reeruned.
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
then he can play for peanuts

no one is giving him LT money
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Somebody is going to pay him to play LT. It will probably be $20M per or more.

You're wrong.
Facts
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:53 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Facts
  • A NFL team will pay him LT money
  • He will not play RT in the NFL
  • He will hold out next off season
The third one is one I haven't thought about yet.

Yes, somebody will pay him.

No, he won't ever play RT again. He won't allow that.

So that leaves us with a couple of options, one of which is tagging him again. It's been brought up many times but I don't recall any discussion of whether or not he would even SIGN a 2nd tag. I bet he won't.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:55 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The third one is one I haven't thought about yet.

Yes, somebody will pay him.

No, he won't ever play RT again. He won't allow that.

So that leaves us with a couple of options, one of which is tagging him again. It's been brought up many times but I don't recall any discussion of whether or not he would even SIGN a 2nd tag. I bet he won't.
I agree. You probably couldn’t trade him either. I mean if you’re admitting he’s not a good LT for you then his value plunges.

In that scenario it would just be best to let him walk, save money and hope that you get a 3rd Rd comp
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:57 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I agree. You probably couldn’t trade him either. I mean if you’re admitting he’s not a good LT for you then his value plunges.

In that scenario it would just be best to let him walk, save money and hope that you get a 3rd Rd comp
Agreed.

They just can't bring him back at this point.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 07:58 AM 10-20-2022
It’s not always going to look THIS bad to be fair. We’ve played probably 4 out of the best 8ish? pass rushes. Obviously we’re going to have to get past Von and the bills, but we’ve played a murderers row so far
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:58 AM 10-20-2022
As a 'swing and miss' goes, Veach gave up the equivalent of a 2nd, got two years of cost controlled play at LT, and would get a 3rd back.

That's not bad value, really.
[Reply]
Page 224 of 343
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226227228234274324 > Last »
Up