View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 178 of 343
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 AM 09-28-2022
A knee injury would explain the struggles. Hopefully it improves as the year goes on.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:36 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Agreed. But you know what? It's better than doubling down on a bad trade and taking a chance that our LT will end up getting our QB killed. Besides, we got an extra 2nd out of that deal and did very well in Bolton /Creed. So, I'd just suck it up, admit the mistake and move on and draft a LT, rather than making it worse by holding on.
You want to draft a LT in the 1st, TEX? I thought you were all up on the idea of surrounding Mahomes with 'stud' WRs that we can apparently only procure in the 1st?
[Reply]
TEX 08:38 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
That fall down without getting touched moment last game was ****ing egregious as hell.

I’ve never seen a single play completely sour me on a player since Breeland Speaks watched Tom Brady escape pressure when he had a clear shot at him for the sack.

It’s worse than Dee Ford running away from the running back as a rookie.

I’m all out on OBJ. Don’t care what we do with him at this point.
Exactly this.
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 09-28-2022
I mean, his foot got tangled up with Gray. Am I the only one that saw this?
[Reply]
TEX 08:46 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
You want to draft a LT in the 1st, TEX? I thought you were all up on the idea of surrounding Mahomes with 'stud' WRs that we can apparently only procure in the 1st?
I wanted a WR in the 1st THIS past draft, since we traded Hill. I'd like one in the 1st next draft also, but we need a LT in a bad way, probably more than a #1 WR, so I'd be willing to go LT in the 1st if we can't find another way to get one before the draft.

Remember I was one of the smart ones that did NOT want to pay OBJ. I preferred to tag him and wait and see. So glad it worked out that way.

Where were you on paying OBJ?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:39 AM 09-28-2022
I'm with TEX. I want a DE or WR in the 1st next year but we simply HAVE to address the LT position, probably early.

I'm all for doing whatever it takes to replace Brown at this point. He wants too much money. Let him walk.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:53 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I wanted a WR in the 1st THIS past draft, since we traded Hill. I'd like one in the 1st next draft also, but we need a LT in a bad way, probably more than a #1 WR, so I'd be willing to go LT in the 1st if we can't find another way to get one before the draft.

Remember I was one of the smart ones that did NOT want to pay OBJ. I preferred to tag him and wait and see. So glad it worked out that way.

Where were you on paying OBJ?
I was very happy with tagging him. I felt like it gave us more optionality as we weren't entirely sold on him after last season. I didn't begrudge him for trying to show out and get paid more and I completely understood why Veach came in where he did.

As for the draft, I was really excited about the prospect of trading up for Jameson Williams even though I didn't think it would necessarily be the smart thing to do given our holes on defense. And I'm ultimately really happy with how the draft turned out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:13 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm with TEX. I want a DE or WR in the 1st next year but we simply HAVE to address the LT position, probably early.

I'm all for doing whatever it takes to replace Brown at this point. He wants too much money. Let him walk.
Jaelyn Duncan out of Maryland would be a good fit for KC, as would Zion Nelson. Both are more athletic/agile tackles than Brown.

They aren't complete/dominator/mauler types, so probably looking at getting in range of the 20th pick to make sure you get one, as it sits right now (with obviously a lot of season left).
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:43 AM 09-28-2022
We need to address the LT position THIS year in some way...grab a practice squad guy..trade for an average LT or move Thuney over at least when we are playing against a speed rusher.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:45 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean, his foot got tangled up with Gray. Am I the only one that saw this?
I thought I read somewhere that it was Fortson...but yeah. Tackles sometimes trip and fall down. It's whatever. I'm more worried that he lost weight to get quicker and it seems to be affecting him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
We need to address the LT position THIS year in some way...grab a practice squad guy..trade for an average LT or move Thuney over at least when we are playing against a speed rusher.
We definitely could address it right now, with the guys already on the roster. They probably SHOULD, considering that Brown is reportedly injured.

That all being said, they won't. They'll keep trotting him out there. We're stuck with him until after the season.

And the more I think about it, the more I think we'll end up having to let him walk for nothing. They can't franchise him. He's already making top 5 money on the tag this year. If they tag him again, it goes up 20%.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:46 AM 09-28-2022
We definitely could address it right now, with the guys already on the roster. They probably SHOULD, considering that Brown is reportedly injured.

That all being said, they won't. They'll keep trotting him out there. We're stuck with him until after the season.

And the more I think about it, the more I think we'll end up having to let him walk for nothing. They can't franchise him. He's already making top 5 money on the tag this year. If they tag him again, it goes up 20%.
I'm at the position of DO NOT GET MAHOMES killed at any cost. Find something that at least somewhat works right now. At this point I don't care if we don't get a case of beer for him, just move on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:48 AM 09-28-2022

The Fisher to Brown experiment failed. I'd rather find a LT that's a better pass blocker than a run blocker.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 09-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Fisher to Brown experiment failed. I'd rather find a LT that's a better pass blocker than a run blocker.
Yep.

Honestly, the whole "run blocker" thing is stupid anyway. 1. We don't run the ball enough and 2. even when we do, the blocking isn't good.

Go get some pass blocking tackles and be done with it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:58 AM 09-28-2022
Yep.

Honestly, the whole "run blocker" thing is stupid anyway. 1. We don't run the ball enough and 2. even when we do, the blocking isn't good.

Go get some pass blocking tackles and be done with it.
Exactly. The thing that annoys me is that you've got three interior players that are good at both. Obviously Brown wasn't their first option and once Williams signed, he was the only option they had left.
[Reply]
Page 178 of 343
« First < 78128168174175176177178 179180181182188228278 > Last »
Up