View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 172 of 343
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:41 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He's a mauler, we need a ballerina
Yep
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:41 PM 09-25-2022
Not worth what he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rausch 04:45 PM 09-25-2022
I disagree with both. He's not mauling in the running game and he's not adapting to his lack of speed and drop back. I also don't want a ballerina.

We could mitigate some of this by not being stubborn but we're trying to smash square pegs into round holes. Keep blockers in to help. You don't need 5 pass catchers on every play. Use 2 or 3 TE sets. They knew what Brown was when they traded for him. If they weren't going to work to his strengths why even trade for him? They know Brown isn't good at super deep drop backs and do it anyway.

Andy/Eric just wanna' do what they wanna' do instead of looking at what they've got. I know you don't trash a game plan because of a few bad outcomes but you can take a step back and implement a bit more of what people do better.
[Reply]
-King- 05:04 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I disagree with both. He's not mauling in the running game and he's not adapting to his lack of speed and drop back. I also don't want a ballerina.

We could mitigate some of this by not being stubborn but we're trying to smash square pegs into round holes. Keep blockers in to help. You don't need 5 pass catchers on every play. Use 2 or 3 TE sets. They knew what Brown was when they traded for him. If they weren't going to work to his strengths why even trade for him? They know Brown isn't good at super deep drop backs and do it anyway.

Andy/Eric just wanna' do what they wanna' do instead of looking at what they've got. I know you don't trash a game plan because of a few bad outcomes but you can take a step back and implement a bit more of what people do better.
The backs chip the guy Brown is blocking almost everytime they go out on a route. They also have Gray in there helping a lot. How much help should a guy need?
[Reply]
Rausch 05:06 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Not worth what he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly, this is the only point that matters. Unless there's a dramatic change he's gone after this year...
[Reply]
kccrow 05:06 PM 09-25-2022
The only way to combat Brown is to give him help with chips and shorten the routes and the dropback depth. That doesn't play well with what Reid and Mahomes like to do. Will Andy adjust? I don't know... I saw him do it once last year and then got away from it again.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:08 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
OBJ isn't worth a Franchise LT contract
After today's showing, I'd say that you're correct.
[Reply]
TEX 05:12 PM 09-25-2022
That's supposed to be the case, except that he is not even doing that. :-)
[Reply]
TEX 05:14 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
The backs chip the guy Brown is blocking almost everytime they go out on a route. They also have Gray in there helping a lot. How much help should a guy need?
Exactly. A competent LT shouldn't need as much help as he's getting. One like OBJ needs all the help he can get and it's still not enough. Dude is terrible in this offense. So glad Veach didn't pay this guy what he wanted. He's not even worth the franchise tag.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:15 PM 09-25-2022
Brown was as bad today as he ever has been on this team. This was way worse than the Myles Garrett game.

He was getting beat over and over and over again by multiple DE’s. It was non-stop.

He was terrible today
[Reply]
kccrow 05:16 PM 09-25-2022
Brown would make a nice LG. LT... not so much.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:18 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Brown would make a nice LG. LT... not so much.
We could move him to RT, our LG to LT, and tell Brown to go fuck himself when the year's over.

You wanted what you wanted but so did we. We didn't get it either. Go play RT and get your contract somewhere else in the off season...
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 05:19 PM 09-25-2022
He will not be offered a contract next year.
Right?
[Reply]
Molitoth 05:27 PM 09-25-2022
This guy can GTFO after this season if he still wants top money.
[Reply]
FringeNC 05:37 PM 09-25-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Brown was as bad today as he ever has been on this team. This was way worse than the Myles Garrett game.

He was getting beat over and over and over again by multiple DE’s. It was non-stop.

He was terrible today
He looked like a guy that just came up from the practice squad and was forced into a start. Not only did he get beat over and over, but he often had help from a rb or te.

The only thing I will say in his defense for his putrid performance is it looked like he had trouble getting footing on that field. Other guys were slipping too. But whatever, even in his better games, he's really not that good.
[Reply]
Page 172 of 343
« First < 72122162168169170171172 173174175176182222272 > Last »
Up