View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 170 of 343
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220270 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
O.city 08:21 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They’ll take a couple of thirds before they just let him walk. They will get something for him but it won’t be a big haul
If he's what people here are saying, why would a team trade that for him AND pay him what he supposedly wants?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:22 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
If he's what people here are saying, why would a team trade that for him AND pay him what he supposedly wants?
He has worth to a team that’s run-heavy.

As for his contract demands, they’re going to have to change. He will find that out eventually
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:23 AM 09-19-2022
They’ll take a couple of thirds before they just let him walk. They will get something for him but it won’t be a big haul
yeah, or a second.

In the land of hyperbole known as Chiefsplanet, all I'm doing is playing the what if game.

I don't even hate Brown, I think he's a decent. But IF his contract demands are record setting, what then?

And all anyone has said is- "Well, what are you going to do to replace him?!"

And I offered a possible replacement scenario.
[Reply]
O.city 08:24 AM 09-19-2022
He has worth to a team that’s run-heavy.

As for his contract demands, they’re going to have to change. He will find that out eventually
There's no reason for him to at this point. He either gets that, the Chiefs tag him again, or they let him walk.

The tag this year is higher as well, I just don't see the Chiefs taking that chance.
[Reply]
O.city 08:24 AM 09-19-2022
The Chiefs aren't gonna take a flier on some LT. They wanted Williams, pivoted and swung on OBJ.

They'll either pay him or they'll go for another big fish.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:26 AM 09-19-2022
I’m not even worried about replacing him. They will find a way if it comes to that
[Reply]
O.city 08:27 AM 09-19-2022
I’m not even worried about replacing him. They will find a way if it comes to that
With Andy's propensity for continuity on the OL....I'm guessing he's here for a while whether we like it or not.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:28 AM 09-19-2022
With Andy's propensity for continuity on the OL....I'm guessing he's here for a while whether we like it or not.
Yep, you’re probably right.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:30 AM 09-19-2022
The Chiefs aren't gonna take a flier on some LT. They wanted Williams, pivoted and swung on OBJ.

They'll either pay him or they'll go for another big fish.
There don't appear to be any big fish in 2023. That could change, I suppose. Maybe some big fish wants out of their shitty pond and demands a trade.

But if OBJ wants record breaking money, I don't see KC paying it.

Nijman was Rodgers' LT all year, in an MVP season, and he's 26. They're already paying the current top of the market LT in Bahktiari, who's a week or two from returning.

That's a little more than 'taking a flier' on 'some LT'.

You guys wanted options in the case of it not working out with Brown, so I gave you a perfectly viable one.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:31 AM 09-19-2022
I'm not worried either, just playing 'what if'.
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
There don't appear to be any big fish in 2023. That could change, I suppose. Maybe some big fish wants out of their shitty pond and demands a trade.

But if OBJ wants record breaking money, I don't see KC paying it.

Nijman was Rodgers' LT all year, in an MVP season, and he's 26. They're already paying the current top of the market LT in Bahktiari, who's a week or two from returning.

That's a little more than 'taking a flier' on 'some LT'.

You guys wanted options in the case of it not working out with Brown, so I gave you a perfectly viable one.
But with the Chiefs current FO, it's just not viable. It's not a move they'd make.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:35 AM 09-19-2022
I'm not worried either, just playing 'what if'.
Oh I wasn’t trying to imply anything. Just saying I don’t care how they replace him. If he wants to be the highest-paid OT in the league, he can leave.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:41 AM 09-19-2022
But with the Chiefs current FO, it's just not viable. It's not a move they'd make.
You keep saying this, but recent history says otherwise in a pretty direct manner.

We literally refused to make an actual elite player top of the market in salary and sent him packing with Tyreek Hill.

And you think we're going to pay OBJ what would be a record breaking top of the market deal (and his agent apparently wants it all guaranteed)?

I don't think with the current Chiefs FO that will happen. They're trying to stay on top, not get on top.

OBJ is a decent LT at this point. Maybe he balls out all year, and deserves that deal. Maybe not.

If not, you have to pivot. I'm just interested in what might that pivot look like.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:46 AM 09-19-2022
This is where the Chiefs should let him seek a trade where they could match. Let him find out from the rest of the league what he has as far as value.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 09-19-2022
You keep saying this, but recent history says otherwise in a pretty direct manner.

We literally refused to make an actual elite player top of the market in salary and sent him packing with Tyreek Hill.

And you think we're going to pay OBJ what would be a record breaking top of the market deal (and his agent apparently wants it all guaranteed)?

I don't think with the current Chiefs FO that will happen. They're trying to stay on top, not get on top.

OBJ is a decent LT at this point. Maybe he balls out all year, and deserves that deal. Maybe not.

If not, you have to pivot. I'm just interested in what might that pivot look like.
Look at their history at the LT spot since this current group has been here.

First overall pick. Contract extension. Attempt to pay the best LT in the game the most LT money in the game. Trading a first for a LT then offering him a big contract.

They aren't gonna down grade at LT with Mahomes at QB.
[Reply]
Page 170 of 343
« First < 70120160166167168169170 171172173174180220270 > Last »
Up