View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 164 of 343
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There aren’t any FA tackles next year. In the draft you’re probably giving up a lot to move up far enough to take a good tackle

There isn't any yet, alot can change from now to the end of the season.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:31 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
As of right this minute, I'd be tagging and trading OBJ in the off-season. I don't think he's worth top of the market.

We'll see how the season goes, but as of this minute I'm not seeing anything much above average. He's decent. Not bad. Not better than healthy Fisher was.

He'd be a good fit in a run-first, play-action type offense. He'd be great in Tennessee, perhaps San Fran, NY Giants, Baltimore ironically. Perhaps one of those teams bites on a deal for him.

But I think we can either draft or purchase decent LT play for less than top of the market.
I understand the idea of wanting to tag and trade a player. This is just not going to be happening.
A team is not going to want to pay the tag price and then the top of the market contract for a player that most do not consider to be in that echelon.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I understand the idea of wanting to tag and trade a player. This is just not going to be happening.
A team is not going to want to pay the tag price and then the top of the market contract for a player that most do not consider to be in that echelon.
Exactly. If we have to trade him, we won’t get top value. If the Chiefs are willing to trade him, it signals to every potential trade partner that he’s not good enough.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:55 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I said it in the beginning, I say it now. Pay that man, we simply have to. I don't feel we're missing Tyreek at all because Veach aced the draft, which was a big gamble that paid off. Not the case here.

Pay. That. Man. (After the season of course.)
I'm hungry. I prefer the chicken sandwich over the hamburger but the chicken sandwich is $70. The hamburger is $6.99. Which do you choose?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:03 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm hungry. I prefer the chicken sandwich over the hamburger but the chicken sandwich is $70. The hamburger is $6.99. Which do you choose?
You’re either giving up cash or you’re giving up draft picks.

The Chiefs pick at the bottom of the draft. A good pass protecting LT isn’t available early. Only 1 good pass protecting LT went after pick 15 in the last 6 drafts (Christian Darrisaw).

How many times do we need to repeat this? You want to replace Brown with that? Be prepared to give up multiple 1st rd picks to move up that far. And no…you’re not getting a a 1st for Brown in a trade. The leverage is dead by trading him out.

The last 2 drafts have been stellar. Lot of cheap home grown guys for the next 4-5 years. Id rather spend a good structured contract on Brown Jr and take the picks.

So basically your analogy is incomplete. The chicken sandwich is $70 but the $6.99 burger is 150 miles away and forces you to use more money on gas…
[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:12 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I said it in the beginning, I say it now. Pay that man, we simply have to. I don't feel we're missing Tyreek at all because Veach aced the draft, which was a big gamble that paid off. Not the case here.

Pay. That. Man. (After the season of course.)
What he’s actually worth, sure. What he thinks he’s worth absolutely not.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 12:15 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
So most teams won’t/don’t consider him valuable enough to pay him what he wants but we should??
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:19 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
So most teams won’t/don’t consider him valuable enough to pay him what he wants but we should??
Nobody is saying that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:21 PM 09-17-2022
You guys need to stop worrying. If the Chiefs were willing to give him a market-resetting contract, it would be done already.
[Reply]
TEX 12:27 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
:-)... So who will the Chiefs replace him with next year that will give as an okay or better performance against Mack and Bosa? :-)
Might not be possible to answer that question right now. I mean, was OBJ even available at this time in the season before he was traded? A lot can happen before next season.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:34 PM 09-17-2022
I can't wait to get rid of OBJ and bring Eric Fisher back for a retirement tour!
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:40 PM 09-17-2022
Orlando was awful in pass protection last game. This guy is not worth the money. But who do you replace him with? It's almost impossible to draft a franchise left tackle by picking late in the first. I'm sure Bert has a plan.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:56 PM 09-17-2022

Mahomes is ridiculous but watch #Chiefs LT Orlando Brown Jr. casually sitting down Khalil Mack on this play. Absolutely shuts down his counter. pic.twitter.com/khQklnsRV6

— Devin Jackson (@RealD_Jackson) September 16, 2022

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03:55 PM 09-17-2022

Khalil Mack broke Orlando Brown’s ankles pic.twitter.com/MrDOPbLsAe

— Theo Ash (@TheoAshNFL) September 17, 2022

[Reply]
neech 04:00 PM 09-17-2022
Chick-fil-A has the best chicken sandwich.
[Reply]
Page 164 of 343
« First < 64114154160161162163164 165166167168174214264 > Last »
Up