View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 124 of 343
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:25 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Has the Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board weighed in on this report?
Optics.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:32 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://www.nfl.com/videos/chadiha-f...lando-brown-jr

On NFL Network, @jeffri.chadiha shared what one Chiefs front office person told him about Brown rejecting KC’s long-term deal:

“This isn’t the guy we traded for.”

This is in reference to Brown coming to KC as a team player that was willing to work out a team-friendly deal.

Chadiha also said that KC is “frustrated” and “disappointed” that Brown rejected its offer.

Per Devon Clements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:48 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
On NFL Network, @jeffri.chadiha shared what one Chiefs front office person told him about Brown rejecting KC’s long-term deal:

“This isn’t the guy we traded for.”

This is in reference to Brown coming to KC as a team player that was willing to work out a team-friendly deal.

Chadiha also said that KC is “frustrated” and “disappointed” that Brown rejected its offer.

Per Devon Clements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is some very interesting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Q
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:04 PM 07-19-2022
If true then Brown will not be staying here. He can be replaced with at least an equal type play next year. We have 12 picks and will have money. He is not that good anyway.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:05 PM 07-19-2022
https://omny.fm/shows/the-program/h3...ill-eric-eager

Eric Eager kind of roasts OBJ here it was a good listen.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:09 PM 07-19-2022
Brown go kick rocks, time to draft a LT next year
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:12 PM 07-19-2022
Uhh, what has Orlando Brown Jr. ever done to make the Chiefs think he'd accept a deal that was "team-friendly"? If true, that's a weird mentality by the Chiefs. Should've signed him straight away after trading for him if they actually thought that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:12 PM 07-19-2022
Uhh, what has Orlando Brown Jr. ever done to make the Chiefs think he'd accept a deal that was "team-friendly"? If true, that's a weird mentality by the Chiefs. Should've signed him straight away after trading for him if they actually thought that.
[Reply]
Fish 01:12 PM 07-19-2022
Greedy fuck.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:16 PM 07-19-2022
I don't care if Brown walks next season. Yeah, we gave up a first, but we got back a 2nd which we used to draft Bolton. 2 years out of Brown plus Bolton was well worth the pick given up. Of course we also gave up a 3rd and a 4th. That makes it sting a little more. But still worth it. Hopefully Kenard or Niang will develop into his replacement.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:16 PM 07-19-2022
He’s got leverage in terms of supply and demand. There’s a frighteningly little supply at LT next offseason.

Free agents:

DJ Humphries
Kelvin Beachum
Dakota Dozier
Julie’n Davenport

The draft has like 2 legit prospects who will in all likelihood go in the top 10. I guess you could try to get Mike McGlinchey from SF and put him at LT even though he played RT in the NFL.

Your options are extremely limited so either way you’re paying out the ass
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:37 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I don't care if Brown walks next season. Yeah, we gave up a first, but we got back a 2nd which we used to draft Bolton. 2 years out of Brown plus Bolton was well worth the pick given up. Of course we also gave up a 3rd and a 4th. That makes it sting a little more. But still worth it. Hopefully Kenard or Niang will develop into his replacement.
Kinnard is here to play RT. People make jokes about Brown being a RT, but the man played LT his entire college career and in high school. And then did it for a year with the Ravens and now us. Kinnard has basically ONLY ever played RT.

I'm excited for him, and I'm hopeful he can take that RT job since it's so wide open, but moving him to LT even as soon as next year would be abysmal, especially since we don't even know if he can handle starting RT duties. The Chiefs think he can be an NFL RT, but most of the scouts said he would need to play G.

I'm excited to watch him in preseason. Hopefully he impresses just as much as Humphrey and Smith did right out of the gate.
[Reply]
O.city 01:49 PM 07-19-2022
If the Chiefs FO really thought that.......it's on them. No way that's from someone or that's the thought process they had.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:57 PM 07-19-2022
Really glad the Chiefs played hardball here.

Brown is not good enough to command the salary he wants and he also has "guy who lets himself go after getting paid" written all over him.

He's already on the edge of being too heavy. He's clearly a guy whose sole motivation is money. What's he gonna look like when he loses that motivation?

Unless he comes out and has a Trent Williams type season, then it just isn't worth it imo. One thing we cannot do is give huge contracts to average players. Quickest way to slam our window shut. And I don't think Veach is that stupid.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:42 PM 07-19-2022
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
As long as he played well enough to use a franchise tag on(justify paying almost 17 million) it was going to be an good trade. If he did not play up to that level and it was a 1 year deal it was going to be a bad trade.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:02 PM 07-19-2022
Well, maybe Brown will play like he's playing for a contract now that he knows it won't just be handed to him.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 343
« First < 2474114120121122123124 125126127128134174224 > Last »
Up