ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Offical Royals at Yankees GDT - June 23***
ChiefsCountry 04:26 PM 06-23-2021
Duffman returns tonight
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:52 PM 06-23-2021
Trade Holland for a 12 pack of Billy Beer, leave Wader in New York. Thanks for the memories guys. If we are gonna lose, I’d rather the kids get the experience.
[Reply]
TLO 08:53 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I just don't think Holland can be relied on as the everyday closer anymore. BUT - in contrast to Wade, Holland does have vintage days, it's just not something he seems to be able to do each day now.
Holland has a role in the pen, just not as the closer.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:53 PM 06-23-2021
11 fucking walks. We absolutely deserved that loss.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:54 PM 06-23-2021
I understand the argument that Barlow is more valuable as the fireman (he is!), but I don't see why Zimmer or Brentz aren't the closer over THE VETERAN (Matheny's one true love) Holland. Holly just hasn't shown he can be vintage Holland on consecutive days anymore.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:56 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I understand the argument that Barlow is more valuable as the fireman (he is!), but I don't see why Zimmer or Brentz isn't the closer over THE VETERAN (Matheny's one true love) Holland. Holly just hasn't shown he can be vintage Holland on consecutive days anymore.
Or Staumont
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:56 PM 06-23-2021
****ing Yosted. Er, wait...

Am I wrong in thinking that Matheny kind of sucks? Seems like every other game he’s burning through the entire pen. Wasn’t hard to imagine Holland blowing this.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 08:58 PM 06-23-2021
Oh boy, Keller tomorrow.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:58 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Or Staumont
It seems like there's something going on with Staumont... but hopefully it's not Matheny playing the mind games with the youngsters he was infamous for with the Cards.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:58 PM 06-23-2021
Royals took the lead in a flukey 9th. I don't think Mathney was planning on Holland for the save.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:59 PM 06-23-2021
Since I couldn’t watch on tv I was seeing the play by plays through the app. Holland didn’t throw but a few fastballs, mostly sliders. I’m no baseball guru, but I think that speaks volumes.
Duff-man was on some sort of pitch count, yes? Hope Salvy is okay, I had not seen anything on him yet.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:00 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Royals took the lead in a flukey 9th. I don't think Mathney was planning on Holland for the save.
I think this is the third save opportunity in the last (week?) where he's used Holland.
[Reply]
Coach 09:03 PM 06-23-2021
I will be glad whenever Sherman decides to shit-can Dayton Moore and Matheny. Sooner rather than later.

Both haven't done shit. Moore hasn't done shit since 2016. Matheny haven't done shit and hasn't learned shit since his days in St. Louis.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:06 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Greg Holland as closer on a team that has Staumont, Zimmer, Brentz, and Barlow. Make it make sense.
To be fair here.... Staumont is recently back from IL, still not back to previous form.

Brent has been good all year but has shown weakness' here this last week and blown a couple of chances.

Zimmer. MATHENY will not let him go more than an inning, usually 1st man called up to put out the fire.

Barlow has been fairly good. I wanted him to stay in longer tonight, but we didn't get that.

But you correct, we need a solid closer and Holland & Davis is not going to rekindle any old magic.
[Reply]
Fish 09:20 PM 06-23-2021
What a shitshow. Yuck.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:53 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Lol he used Staumont in the 6th inning. What a dumbass excuse.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up