ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Which YouTube channels do you subscribe to?
Stewie 12:35 PM 06-23-2021
I couldn't find a thread about this, so here are some of my favorites.

1) Mustie1 - The BEST gear head channel out there. He has 500K+ subscribers and for good reason. He goes into detail as to how he rebuilds just about anything with an engine. He does a great job explaining what he's doing and does a good job shooting and editing his videos.

2a) Rick Beato -Music producer that shows how songs are developed. Music history and theory but not to the point of being boring. Really gets into the evolution of popular music over the past 60 years. Lots of excellent content with good video production and editing.

2b) Rhett Shull - Friends with Rick Beato. Does videos on his life as a professional guitar player for hire. Lots of videos about being on the road, etc.

3) The Bearded Butchers - As you might have guessed it's about a family that operates a fairly large butcher shop. Lots of details about breaking down a carcass into various cuts and then taking them out to the grill. Good info on quality of meats and what to buy and what to avoid.

4) Virtual Railfan - I've always been in to railroading. Lots of good content showing things like derailments and their causes/fixes. Several live 24/7 cameras at locations around the US, including one at Santa Fe Junction in KCMO.

5) Living Traditions Homestead - A family of homesteaders in SE Missouri. Lots of content about a small farm and the daily operation dealing with animals and crops. Well done videos.

That's a few I enjoy.

What do you subscribe to if you subscribe at all? I'm always looking for the really good YouTubers that know how to develop content. I'd rather watch real people doing real things than the crap that passes for prime time TV.

BTW, I stream YouTube over my TV via Roku. Much more enjoyable than watching on a computer or phone.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:22 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Good thread! :-)

Randy Santel - food challenges
Katina Eats Kilos - Randy's girlfriend - food challenges
FoundFlix - endings of movies and TV shows explained
Sam the Cooking Guy - Cooking channel
GQue BBQ - Cooking channel
The Cajun Ninja - Cooking channel
Kent Rollins Cowboy Cooking - Cooking channel
Chris Meck and the Guilty Birds - CP's own Chris Meck music channel
The Broken Machine - Gaming streamer
I have the sam the cooking guy knife :P Works great, still just a regular knife lol.

I watch him and a close competitor in joshua weismann.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:25 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Also subscribe to Rick Beato. Another guitarist I watch sometimes is Mike Bradley, it's a small channel that is a lot about gear, amiable guy with some personality mixed in.

Watched walker - a guy who takes his camera and walks down city streets of popular travel destinations. Other travel stuff too.

Some channels with content for relaxation.

A lot of vid suggestions I get are historical stuff, some vintage comedy, really all range of themes that I've thumbs upped. Most I watch are random that aren't necessarily subscriptions.
Beato is exceptional in his musical knowledge. His recent video breaking down Seal's Kiss from a Rose is great. He calls Seal to comment on how he came up with unique phrasing and chord changes. Good stuff.

Beato's really good at immediately pick up a songs structure/key changes/chords etc.. He doesn't have perfect pitch, but his teenage son does. Beato will play a complex chord on the piano and his son immediately tells him each note. Beato is impressed, but his son is like "it's easy". Typical teen.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:35 PM 06-23-2021
Do any of you pay for YouTube premium? Every time that pops up I ask why would I do that?
[Reply]
Mecca 04:43 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Red Letter Media - Movie and TV reviewers, everything they do is absolute gold

Cinemassacre - Angry Video Game Nerd mostly

Angry Joe Show - Video Games and Movie review

Chieftains Hatch - Guy walks around and crawls into tanks and explains them

ItsaGundam - Guy comments on social issues using humor

Many more.
AVGN isn't as good as it use to be...

Stunned no one here has said Demolition Ranch, especially the guy that said Cleetus since they do stuff together.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:08 PM 06-23-2021
I'm not signed into Youtube, but I watch several channels daily/almost daily

Richard Gene the Fishing Machine
Creek Fishing Adventures
M Hood Fishing
80's Metal Rewind
Michael Franzese
Sammy the Bull
Crazy Russian Hacker
Wilderness Cooking
Joe Rogan
Tons and tons more of course, you can find every subject under the sun

So yeah youtube is a huge part of my tv diet, to be honest if I didnt need the CBS station out of Quincy Il to show me most Chiefs games every year, I'd have cut cable a LOOOOOONG time ago

Between it, and free over the air tv... I could be just fine, but I just GOTTA have that CBS station that can't be had without cable for my Chiefs games

I've looked into Roku, but there is no guarantee of getting this particular CBS station either :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:10 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Do any of you pay for YouTube premium? Every time that pops up I ask why would I do that?
Not me, theres more than enough content on there for free
[Reply]
hometeam 05:27 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
AVGN isn't as good as it use to be...

Stunned no one here has said Demolition Ranch, especially the guy that said Cleetus since they do stuff together.

i do watch demolition ranch, hickock45, mrgunsandgear and some other similar ones as well.

My deal is if i listed every channel i actually watch content from on a regular basis id be here alll day
[Reply]
Stewie 05:31 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Michael Franzese
Oh yeah. He is great with his mob stories. He's on Mike Tyson's channel doing an interview. Tyson is smoking pot the whole time.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:32 PM 06-23-2021
Sam the Cooking Guy
Randy Santel
Food Wishes
Binging with Babish

Just to name a few. There’s more.
[Reply]
hometeam 05:33 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Sam the Cooking Guy
Randy Santel
Food Wishes
Binging with Babish

I didnt know Randy Santel had that much of a real following, but thats 3 of us now that have mentioned him. Maybe its cause hes from MO ?
[Reply]
Mecca 05:40 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Sam the Cooking Guy
Randy Santel
Food Wishes
Binging with Babish

If you're into Shantel, Joel Hanson and Beardmeetsfood are good follows.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:41 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Oh yeah. He is great with his mob stories. He's on Mike Tyson's channel doing an interview. Tyson is smoking pot the whole time.
Dude is one of the slickest, most interesting, smartest talking people I've ever listened to... razor sharp guy, he could've been the greatest Boss ever had he stayed in that life

Sammy the Bull Gravano is awesome as well, tells awesome stories... has more of a raw talking street muscle style than Franzese
[Reply]
Stryker 06:04 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I've watched several Kent Rollins videos. Good stuff.

Another in the food challenge area is Matt Stonie's channel. A competitive eater that might weigh 140 lbs.
Yes! I have watched numerous of his videos and really like him. Will have to subscribe! Thanks!
[Reply]
Stewie 06:39 PM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Yes! I have watched numerous of his videos and really like him. Will have to subscribe! Thanks!
His video eating 2 lbs. of potato chips surprised me. Not much food but struggled. I won't spoil it if you haven't watched.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:02 PM 06-23-2021
Subscribe to tons, mostly to 'feed the algorithm' and not miss out on key postings.

But so far as key subs, in order listed. Bolded are the ones, where if something new pops up, I generally stop everything and check it out.

Viva Frei
BBC Earth
CBS Sunday Morning
Cinefix
ElectroBOOM

Engineering Explained
Food Wishes
Jay Leno's Garage
Kansas City Chiefs
Lectures by Walter Lewin
Never Not Funny
NFL Films