ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>League wide thoughts for 2021
RunKC 12:10 PM 06-23-2021
Since we’re in the most boring time of the NFL calendar year I thought it was a good time to ramp up discussion here.

Who do you think is gonna make a jump this year?

What teams are going to take steps back?

Any players you think will have surprisingly monster years this year for fantasy?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:16 AM 06-24-2021
CEH does 1700 from scrimmage.
Frank Gore has 300 yards from scrimmage.
The Cards lose in the wild card round.
And John Grudens squad doesnt win 8.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:47 AM 06-24-2021
NFL possibly prop up Fat Ben to get him a farewell SB?

or, is he a QB the NFL doesn't GAF about on his way out? I'm assuming Fat Ben has gotta be retiring after this season?
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:11 AM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Colts are my surprise team, and I agree CeeDee lamp is going to go off
Honestly, the Colts are my surprise team because I think they're going to surprise everybody and miss the playoffs after Wentz goes down again.

To be serious, though - I'm not sure how anybody can call the Colts a "surprise" or Cinderella when they were a TD away from beating the Bills last year and the entire football world just assumes Carson Wentz is going to magically be good again. 100% of the Colts talk this offseason has been about them being a contender so I'm not sure how a team that everybody expects to be good is actually a "surprise" when they're good.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:43 AM 06-24-2021
Jamies Winston has a good year for the Saints...
Stafford leads the Rams to another home Superbowl... (hate this and hope I'm wrong as they will be playing the Chiefs and a home team Super Bowl sucks to go)
Herbert takes a step back with large crowds and a year of film...
Broncos suck...

Thank You
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:25 AM 06-24-2021
chargers win the sb
[Reply]
RunKC 08:28 AM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Honestly, the Colts are my surprise team because I think they're going to surprise everybody and miss the playoffs after Wentz goes down again.

To be serious, though - I'm not sure how anybody can call the Colts a "surprise" or Cinderella when they were a TD away from beating the Bills last year and the entire football world just assumes Carson Wentz is going to magically be good again. 100% of the Colts talk this offseason has been about them being a contender so I'm not sure how a team that everybody expects to be good is actually a "surprise" when they're good.

Ever since Reich left they’ve gone downhill. It was clear as day that Doug Pederson was a fraud. And to my knowledge that fraud is still unemployed. An Andy Reid offensive coach who won a Super Bowl recently…and nobody wants him. Says everything.

There were also catastrophic injuries that happened the last few years.

2020-starting LT out for the year
Best starting G out for the year
Alshon Jeffrey out first 2 months, never the same
DeSean Jackson hurt first 2 months
JJ Arcega Whiteside is a bust
Marquise Goodwin out all year
1st rd WR Raegor on IR for 6 weeks, never got healthy again
Dallas Goedert on IR 5 weeks, missed another game as well

The guy was in a terrible situation with no stability. The guy had one poor season in which his team gave up on him.

That makes no sense btw. They had bad injuries in 2019 and Wentz had 4K+ passing yards, 27 TD’s, 7 INT’s and a 93 rating despite that.

I think Wentz can put up 2019 or better stats with the coaching and talent in Indy
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:06 AM 06-24-2021
Over/Under for players on IR for the Chargers is set at 15.5.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ever since Reich left they’ve gone downhill. It was clear as day that Doug Pederson was a fraud. And to my knowledge that fraud is still unemployed. An Andy Reid offensive coach who won a Super Bowl recently…and nobody wants him. Says everything.

There were also catastrophic injuries that happened the last few years.

2020-starting LT out for the year
Best starting G out for the year
Alshon Jeffrey out first 2 months, never the same
DeSean Jackson hurt first 2 months
JJ Arcega Whiteside is a bust
Marquise Goodwin out all year
1st rd WR Raegor on IR for 6 weeks, never got healthy again
Dallas Goedert on IR 5 weeks, missed another game as well

The guy was in a terrible situation with no stability. The guy had one poor season in which his team gave up on him.

That makes no sense btw. They had bad injuries in 2019 and Wentz had 4K+ passing yards, 27 TD’s, 7 INT’s and a 93 rating despite that.

I think Wentz can put up 2019 or better stats with the coaching and talent in Indy
Wentz' problems weren't just team issues - the dude looked tentative a lot of the time and like he flat out did not trust his body.

There's a good chance he's permanently damaged and that has nothing to do with the Eagles. And injury history like his, which includes his back, doesn't just get swept under the rug like it never happened because he played for a shit coach.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:30 AM 06-24-2021
Thanks for proving my point, BTW.

You can't be both a "surprise" and an assumed favorite, which everybody is assuming they are.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:55 AM 06-24-2021
The stories outside KC I look forward to watching.

Does Barkley come back strong enough to make Jones look like a competent game manager [baby steps version of Emmit/Aikman]?

Does Herbert have a soph slump or build on rookie year promise?

Does Stafford open everything up for Rams O?

Does Kyler Murray skitter around and survive or get leveled like a Miami condo on an ill-advised bootleg?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:13 AM 06-24-2021
The Dolphin rape scare seems to have drowned down.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:19 AM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
CEH does 1700 from scrimmage.
Frank Gore has 300 yards from scrimmage.
The Cards lose in the wild card round.
And John Grudens squad doesnt win 8.
There is a path to the Raiders being good, but it's going to have to come through being a defense-focused team.

Gus Bradley is a huge upgrade over Paul Guenther, and they've added more pieces. I'm not saying they're going to be legendary, but I put more stock in the defense being good than the offense.

Yeah, let's just take a QB who wilts under pocket pressure like Carr and completely knock out his entire OL. Great idea, Chucky. That will work super well, you moron.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 04:33 PM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The Dolphin rape scare seems to have drowned down.
Is this a phrase? I've never heard of "drowned down" before. I've heard of "died down," but not this. Was it just a malaprop?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:41 PM 06-24-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There is a path to the Raiders being good, but it's going to have to come through being a defense-focused team.

Gus Bradley is a huge upgrade over Paul Guenther
Is he though?

The Jags weren't anything special when he was their head coach, despite having a talented roster, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

And he did nothing with the Chargers defense even after he was given 4 years, so I'm not so sure he's an actual upgrade for the Raiders. Plus, the Raiders are essentially rebuilding so I wouldn't expect much.

Bradley to me is just like Kris Richard and Dan Quinn. They had "great" defenses when working under Pete Carroll (who won a Super Bowl with the 49ers as their DC in 1994) yet fall flat on their faces when coaching in a different city.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 05:07 PM 06-24-2021
I think tampa bay is going to suck ass. Also brady is going to retire this year. Plus the Bengal will be a surprise team.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up