ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What Salsas are you guys running
Buehler445 09:37 PM 06-22-2021
What salsas are you animals eating?

I live in buttfuck nowhere and the salsa selection out here is fucking criminal. Especially given the Latino population out here. Regardless, the little Mexican grocery store I was using had to close down. So ultimately I’m looking for a good salsa I can order online.

I bought some dried peppers I intend to make some of my own, but it will be a couple weeks before I can get a look at it and I’m sure it will take my dumbass several batches before I can get it right.

What do you got?
[Reply]
lewdog 07:05 AM 06-23-2021
No locals make/sell salsa there if there’s plenty of Mexicans in your town?
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:48 AM 06-23-2021
Homemade bud!! I make enough in July-August to last the entire year. You got a farmers market near you Bueh?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:52 AM 06-23-2021

[Reply]
ptlyon 08:31 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Homemade bud!! I make enough in July-August to last the entire year. You got a farmers market near you Bueh?
Was just at our FM this morning
One vendor had fresh homemade salsa
Thought about buying it, but didn't.

Why? Cuz I'd have to go to the store for chips. The smart thing for them to do is also offer chips with it.
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:09 AM 06-23-2021
Arriba! Fire Roasted Southwestern Garlic & Cilantro Salsa - Medium
Margaritas Amigos Restaurant Style Salsa - Medium

Those are two of the better store bought options I've found. I've been through a lot of types/varieties. Same wtih Bloody Mary bases.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:46 AM 06-23-2021
I love the salsa at Manny's on SW BLVD; and I 'think' the Lopez family who owns it sells it in a jar at some local grocery stores. I picked some up on 2 different occasions, and it was not good at all. didn't taste anywhere close to the restaurant.

I think the jar is called Famila Lopez ...

we finally got a food processor after wanting to get one for years; I need to score a good recipe to try out. love chips and salsa.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:48 AM 06-23-2021
If im having real mexican food, my wife or mother in law usually makes it from scratch. Or we'll buy the stuff they make at the mexican market.

If i'm just busting out my poor white boy swag, like some frozen burritos, i'll use Pace.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:52 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Arriba! Fire Roasted Southwestern Garlic & Cilantro Salsa - Medium
Margaritas Amigos Restaurant Style Salsa - Medium

Those are two of the better store bought options I've found. I've been through a lot of types/varieties. Same wtih Bloody Mary bases.
Margaritas salsa was a long time favorite of mine when I lived in KC. Both mild and medium. I actually brought a jar of both back with me from a recent road trip to KC.

Feel the medium is being pretty generous but is still delicious.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:07 AM 06-23-2021
We went to upscale Mexican place called Mago Grill over the weekend. They have three locations in the Chicago suburbs, but none are in my area and I'd never heard of them before. They brought out three types of salsa with chips. One was just okay, but the other two were absolutely amazing; like nothing I'd ever tasted before. I need to find out if they sell that stuff in jars.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:09 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
We went to upscale Mexican place called Mago Grill over the weekend. They have three locations in the Chicago suburbs, but none are in my area and I'd never heard of them before. They brought out three types of salsa with chips. One was just okay, but the other two were absolutely amazing; like nothing I'd ever tasted before. I need to find out if they sell that stuff in jars.
Had some Wang to it?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:13 AM 06-23-2021
the small sized pop-top double servings of herdez are cheap and pretty good. i like green salsa and theirs isnt bad. i mix in a little fresh avocado with it and some lemon/lime.

super convienient and fresh when you pop it, instead of getting old and crackign a big jug of pace or whateverr
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:19 AM 06-23-2021
I don't like watery salsa and I don't like chunky salsa so what I usually do is buy a jar, strain out a lot of the excess water, and then throw what's left into a blender. Then I toss in a couple of chipotle peppers for flavor and blend everything till it has a nice even texture.

The salsa really sticks to the chip better using this method.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:19 AM 06-23-2021
Welp....looks like I'm going to Hy Vee and Aldi tonight after work. In Independence they're a block apart. Aldi has some very good stuff, especially their cheeses and sausages from Europe. You guys always cost me money when we talk about food!
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 11:22 AM 06-23-2021
Do you realize the you live 30 minutes away from this:

https://www.elzarapegc.com/order-salsa

I'm in Topeka now and we buy it by the case whenever we go back home.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 11:24 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
No locals make/sell salsa there if there’s plenty of Mexicans in your town?
30 minutes south is one of the best Salsas I've ever had.
https://www.elzarapegc.com/order-salsa
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up