ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>J.J. Abrams' Star Wars vs Star Trek reboot?
sully1983 11:51 AM 06-22-2021
Hey folks I am very curious to know which sci fi franchise you think JJ did a better job on?

I will admit that I throughly enjoyed his Star Trek reboot (Star Trek 2009 & Star Trek Into Darkness) much much more than his Star Wars movies (The Force Awakens & The Rise of Skywalker) .

Star Trek (2009) was a total blast (solid reboot imo) and had such a superior cast of new actors/ characters in it. The chemistry between all the actors/actresses was great and felt totally natural. Also, major kudos to JJ for casting Chris Pine as Kirk! He was born to play that role.

Then there is the bad. I was actually stoked about The Force Awakens after seeing the 1st teaser trailer but was totally let down by it after seeing the film in theaters. I don't even know where to begin haha. I guess I'll start with the new younger cast members who were all lackluster and had zero chemistry together. Plus, Adam Driver as the emo Darth Vader fanboy was pretty fucking terrible/cringeworthy. Couldn't stand him in that role at all. IMO Eric Bana (as Nero) and even Benedict Cumberbatch (as Khan) were much better villains .

I'll probably be in the minority here regarding this topic but I'd love to hear your thoughts . Thanks!
[Reply]
morphius 10:51 AM 06-23-2021
There are always some questionable things in his movies, the fight scene on the drill comes to mind from his first Star Trek movie. But for the most part the 2 first Star Trek movies he did were okay, but I was never a Trekkie, just watched The Next Generations, and never cared much for the original stuff. I enjoyed the Force Awakens, still lots of questionable stuff, basically was A New Hope rewritten, but it at least felt like Star Wars. The last one was strange, but what company knows they are going to make a trilogy and doesn't have it all planned out from the beginning?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up