ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Home Audio recs
TambaBerry 12:07 PM 06-21-2021
So, I bought an OLED TV and now I need a recommendation on an audio system for it. Not looking to break the bank I just don't know anything about them. Like brands, I guess I need Dolby Atmos supported?
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:23 PM 06-21-2021
I'm in a similar boat of wanting to build out a home theater but also play music in other rooms. I've got my eye on a Yamaha 9.2 Aventage and a Klipsch RP 5.1 setup for the theater.

Room size and configuration seem to dictate choices as well. It gets overwhelming researching after awhile.

Feel Crutchfield has some good articles on best practices and tips when building out a system. They seem to have decent deals occasionally that I've been eyeballing.

Interested to read what others chime in with as well.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:31 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I'm in a similar boat of wanting to build out a home theater but also play music in other rooms. I've got my eye on a Yamaha 9.2 Aventage and a Klipsch RP 5.1 setup for the theater.

Room size and configuration seem to dictate choices as well. It gets overwhelming researching after awhile.

Feel Crutchfield has some good articles on best practices and tips when building out a system. They seem to have decent deals occasionally that I've been eyeballing.

Yeah was looking through the prime day deals but not really sure what I should be looking for
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:08 PM 06-21-2021
I decided to ease the load on my 22 yr old Denon receiver and only use it for vinyl. So I bought a Klipsch Cinema 600 soundbar. It has been great, and does a good job on streaming music as well as great on movies.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 06:30 PM 06-21-2021
Yamaha aventage owner here. Love it.

Have floor speakers for front and centers, and in ceiling for atmos and surround. SVS sub that will shake house if I want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Stryker 06:59 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I decided to ease the load on my 22 yr old Denon receiver and only use it for vinyl. So I bought a Klipsch Cinema 600 soundbar. It has been great, and does a good job on streaming music as well as great on movies.
This all the way! We just replaced our living room TV with an OLED - have a 55" OLED in the man cave for PS4 Pro so got a 65" OLED in the living room to replace the size and distance works prefect for our needs. I have a Vizio sound bar coupled with the speakers of the OLED and it works amazingly! I do not have a need for a huge receiver and mounted speakers in my living room. If I want to fill the house with audio, I just hook up my PS4 with 2.1 Klipsch system in the man cave and VOILA! We rocking this joint!
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 10:06 PM 06-21-2021
Great subject that I have been researching. I am looking at going with a sound bar for my 65" OLED I recently purchased. I thought I would go with a new A/V Receiver but dang they are pricey if you want HDMI pass through, Bluetooth and WiFi. I have been checking out the Vizio bar.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:06 AM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

yamaha refurb website with really good deals - they're legit.

https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...W%5D%20a1.html
[Reply]
srvy 09:13 AM 06-22-2021
A nice budget HT system from an old Danish speaker designer Jamo S-800 series. Like most speaker makers now they have been bought out. Jamo is now part of the Klipsch family. That means they don't market as hard and keep the name brand as the focus. While they don't get the same budget as Klipsch the speaker's designers stayed on and they are good. If I was putting together a budget system I would definitely consider it. My buddy bought this system for his HT man cave. They sound very good and musically they are fine also. He did go with a Power Sound Audio sub so I can't speak to the Jamo subwoofer.
https://www.adorama.com/jas805hcswhe.html

This guy does fun reviews and is honest. He won't blow smoke up your ass.

[Reply]
srvy 09:34 AM 06-22-2021
Also Jamo like Klipsch are efficient so you don't need to get a super powerful high wattage HT amp. A 50-watt RMS per channel reciever will drive them easily.

Another place to look is the JBL website or Harmon Industries website. The latter owns JBL now along with Harmon Kardon. You can find new closeout speakers and refurbished reasonable with free shipping on sale often. Can get a nice HT receiver from HK if do your homework. When you see a sale act fast if it suits you they don't last long and sale out quik.
[Reply]
srvy 09:37 AM 06-22-2021
For even cheaper home theater speaks especially in wall and ceiling speaks that get high marks if want to go that route.

JBL site is also good for deals on ceiling and in-wall speaks.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:20 AM 06-22-2021
go wireless if possible.

or if you want old school, all kinds of stuff on facebook. But the prices some people want is just ridiculous.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:51 AM 06-22-2021
I have the Sonos Arc and am happy with it.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:09 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I have the Sonos Arc and am happy with it.
That's what I've been looking at after my research today, worth the price?
[Reply]
vailpass 01:31 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
That's what I've been looking at after my research today, worth the price?
To me it is. Set up was easy, it tests the shape of your room and calibrates accordingly. The sound is rich, the surround is incredible, and the volume is booming if you want. It’s a premium price but you just got a premium TV so why short it? I can’t say it’s what you would want but I’m happy with it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up