ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 67
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Nick Bolton Thread*****
Dante84 07:05 PM 04-30-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Bolton played in all 13 games as a true freshman (22 tackles, one sack) after earning Dallas Morning News first-team all-state honors at Lone Star High School (130 tackles, 16 for loss, five interceptions). He went from promising youngster to SEC star in 2019, earning first-team all-conference honors after leading the league with 8.9 tackles per game (107 total, 7.5 for loss), intercepting two passes and breaking up eight others in 12 starts. He was named second-team Associated Press All-American, first-team All-SEC and a Butkus Award finalist in 2020, leading his defense with 95 tackles and 7.5 tackles for loss (including two sacks), while breaking up five passes in 10 starts. Bolton's father, Carlos, played football at Louisiana Tech. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
When you think about strong, forceful inside linebackers, Bolton is the type of player you might be envisioning. He's going to fall below typical NFL starter standards from a size standpoint, but his rugged frame and forceful demeanor help make up for it. Play recognition and pursuit instincts help carry him to the football and he's a message-sending striker when he gets the runner squared up. He has functional short-area burst between the tackles but will struggle to run down the outside run if he's not close enough to the action. He will need to lean heavier on his instincts to help speed him up because of size and speed limitations. Bolton plays with good field recognition when dropping into zone and has a history of making plays on the football in coverage. He's a three-down linebacker who can make an immediate contribution on special teams and has the potential to become a future starter.
Strengths
  • Very tough with a physical edge.
  • Plays with demeanor teams look for in the middle.
  • Field-savvy with instincts to diagnose misdirection.
  • Identifies and communicates.
  • Heavy hands with good pop to take on blocks.
  • Pursues ball-carrier with patience and leverage.
  • Fluid alterations to his pursuit angles.
  • Excellent feel for attack timing downhill.
  • Meets runners with violent collisions in the hole.
  • Strikes like he's trying to send a message.
  • Great awareness and ballhawking as spot dropper.
  • Has enough man-cover talent to play on all three downs.
  • Thrived on kick- and punt-cover teams early in his career.
Weaknesses
  • Average lateral quickness traps him behind climbing blocks.
  • Inconsistent to strike and separate from blockers.
  • Needs to improve angles to elude box traffic.
  • Might need to take a few more chances as a pro.
  • Top-end speed appears below average.
  • Loses ground when pursuit flows wide.
  • Below-average lateral agility as open-field tackler.
  • Will have to play quicker to deal with NFL slashers.

.@_nickbolton2 gets the call from One Arrowhead Drive �� pic.twitter.com/1XgaCeBy8R

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 1, 2021

[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:20 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Gay and Bolton are going to be demons in the middle of the field of our defense.

Our front 7 is going to be fun to watch in the near future.
Much improved from blind demons with downs from what i have heard.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:20 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
What about a blind AND deaf one?
He's not much of a linebacker, but he sure plays a mean pinball.
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:08 AM 08-21-2021
What’s the CP consensus of him after 2 games? Seems to always be around the ball
[Reply]
Bowser 07:26 AM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
What’s the CP consensus of him after 2 games? Seems to always be around the ball
He's still a rookie and will still make rookie mistakes from time to time, but so far his speed and instincts are evident. I'm excited to see what he and Willie Gay are looking like for us at the beginning of December.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:50 AM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Clyde, Danna, and Sneed all had an immediate impact last year. Nnadi did as well his rookie year. Hell, Fenton did to an extent too.

Humphrey is already lining up as the starting C.

Not every draft pick is going to contribute immediately. The only issue here is that you’re focusing on the ones that don’t, and ignoring the ones that do.

Our last 2 draft have been fantastic, and if this one is anything like last years or how it looks on paper, it will absolutely be “sustainable”.
People who know what they're looking at: Damn Bolton is solid out there already

CP drafturbators: But but but muh 3 cone!!
[Reply]
kcclone 08:00 AM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by wheeler08:

I think he’s gonna be good. We will walk on Hitch next year and I don’t see any drop off. Bolton also has a higher upside than Hitch IMO.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:03 AM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I think he’s gonna be good. We will walk on Hitch next year and I don’t see any drop off. Bolton also has a higher upside than Hitch IMO.
Looks like we could be moving on from all 3 of the big 2019 defensive overhaul signings (Clark and HB).
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:32 AM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Looks like we could be moving on from all 3 of the big 2019 defensive overhaul signings (Clark and HB).
It's possible.

I think they find a way to get HB done though.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:40 AM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Yeah, I'd be shocked if Hitch and Clark are back. Honey Badger I'm leaning towards them re-signing, although I think we need to be very careful of a 29/30 year old safety.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:45 AM 08-21-2021
Honey Badger is a big part of our defense and the attitude change that came with the overhaul. He's still playing at a high level. If Hitchens and Clark are both gone, I see no reason to let Mathieu walk. Safeties like him aren't easily replaced.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:10 PM 08-21-2021
I think it’s clear that HB is extremely valuable… but.

Veach has been softening the ground for his release by saying money is tight.

The Chiefs are likely extending Hill, Brown, and probably a premier DE next offseason after we let Clark go.

I don’t know how you do that while also signing a 30 year old safety to $17m/year money.

Maybe the salary cap will surprise me, but I doubt it.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:16 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

The Chiefs are likely extending Hill, Brown, and probably a premier DE next offseason after we let Clark go.

I don’t know how you do that while also signing a 30 year old safety to $17m/year money.

Honestly I hope you are wrong and they retain HB. At the same time he has a say in it as well. He has to understand the money/length of contract he probably wants makes it hard for KC to retain him. I imagine if he is reasonable with his demands Veach finds a way to keep him. If not he walks and goes to the highest bidder.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:17 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Pretty much this. I think Veach has a number that works and HB wants more. Veach wants to keep him but isn’t going to chase a number that will make it impossible to keep Orlando or Tyreek. Not for a guy who will be 34 by the end of the deal.

That said, there’s no reason we can’t just deal with this issue next offseason. Maybe his price goes up but maybe it doesn’t. Time will tell…..
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:45 PM 08-21-2021
Sadly, Badger seems to be a merc. He originally said he wanted to stay in Houston but then came here for more money. Since winning a ring, and being voted team MVP, dude seems all about recognition and the payday.

Best of luck HB. Thanks for (potentially) three awesome years, but its time to go.
[Reply]
neech 12:50 PM 08-21-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Sadly, Badger seems to be a merc. He originally said he wanted to stay in Houston but then came here for more money. Since winning a ring, and being voted team MVP, dude seems all about recognition and the payday.

Best of luck HB. Thanks for (potentially) three awesome years, but its time to go.
I'd hate to see him go but business is business, we could trade him off, right?
[Reply]
Page 36 of 67
« First < 263233343536 3738394046 > Last »
Up