ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 190
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:47 AM 08-28-2020
Won’t happen. Someone’s going to fart and get it cancelled.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:48 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I didn't pull the trigger, but your post was reported out of all the others and for good reason. If we banned everything remotely touching politics these days, there would be nothing left to talk about... but, anyone walking the line takes the risk.

There's nothing "snowflake" about it (which is ironic considering the "extremely polarized time" comment); people are just tired of reading all of that shit, yet so many others want to go down that hole. So, we either ban 20+ people from that thread or draw the line somewhere.

That's all I'll say, so no need to further the conversation... this thread is a good idea. In this ****ed up world, it's like we need a "social issues" version of these threads and one that's about the actual sport/topic. :-)
Could you lock my thread?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:50 AM 08-28-2020
I didn't pull the trigger, but your post was reported out of all the others and for good reason. If we banned everything remotely touching politics these days, there would be nothing left to talk about... but, anyone walking the line takes the risk.

There's nothing "snowflake" about it (which is ironic considering the "extremely polarized time" comment); people are just tired of reading all of that shit, yet so many others want to go down that hole. So, we either ban 20+ people from that thread or draw the line somewhere.

That's all I'll say, so no need to further the conversation... this thread is a good idea. In this ****ed up world, it's like we need a "social issues" version of these threads and one that's about the actual sport/topic. :-)
I'd personally call anybody reporting that post a "snowflake" considering what had gone on in that thread for days prior to it, but we can agree to disagree.

And yes, I think a purely basketball thread is much needed after the events of the past few days.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:51 AM 08-28-2020
So we're officially back tomorrow. Please, OKC, knock the Rockets out so we don't have to watch their painfully boring brand of basketball.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:52 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Won’t happen. Someone’s going to fart and get it cancelled.
If the events of the past few days didn't get it cancelled, nothing will. Too many millions on the line for everyone. A championship will be awarded and we can only hope LeBron will be on the winning side.
[Reply]
Bwana 10:52 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Could you lock my thread?

Yep

Hopefully we can keep the political BS out of this one.
[Reply]
eDave 10:54 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:57 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yep

Thank you. It was from 2011 it needed to be dead. :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 11:00 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Thank you. It was from 2011 it needed to be dead. :-)

It lived a long illustrious life, RIP. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:15 AM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It was commenting/responding to a post about the propensity of people at this time to forgive indiscretions and to go above and beyond to defend politicians simply because they are on their "team." Sorry if that offended anybody, but that's quite literally the environment we find ourselves in right now. I'm happy to say it goes on for both sides if you want. It's an extremely polarized time.

But anyway I wanted to get away from this discussion and move on.
I agree with your last 3 sentences 100%. Hatchet buried.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:38 AM 08-28-2020
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:49 AM 08-28-2020

Put on your big boy pants and ban the 20+ people. That was a pretty decent NBA thread (sans the ongoing LeBron vs. Jordan garbage) that was completely ruined by people who care little to nothing about the NBA.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:04 PM 08-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Put on your big boy pants and ban the 20+ people. That was a pretty decent NBA thread (sans the ongoing LeBron vs. Jordan garbage) that was completely ruined by people who care little to nothing about the NBA.
Pfft, it's Friday, I'm not wearing pants.

And it's not ultimately up to me to change the entire way the board has been moderated for 20 years plus a few days.
[Reply]
eDave 12:17 PM 08-28-2020
KC Connection should be banned for subverting his ban.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:18 PM 08-28-2020
Pfft, it's Friday, I'm not wearing pants.

And it's not ultimately up to me to change the entire way the board has been moderated for 20 years plus a few days.
No worries, man. This thread should be fine if we can keep the DC critters out.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 190
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up