ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>What Salsas are you guys running
Buehler445 09:37 PM 06-22-2021
What salsas are you animals eating?

I live in buttfuck nowhere and the salsa selection out here is fucking criminal. Especially given the Latino population out here. Regardless, the little Mexican grocery store I was using had to close down. So ultimately I’m looking for a good salsa I can order online.

I bought some dried peppers I intend to make some of my own, but it will be a couple weeks before I can get a look at it and I’m sure it will take my dumbass several batches before I can get it right.

What do you got?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:09 PM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
My GI tract can handle it but when I eat spicy stuff (which I love. Obviously) I sweat like a whore in church.
The first few times I had Blazzin' at Buffalo Wild Wings... dear mother of god.

from Fire GIFs via Gfycat

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:44 PM 06-26-2021
Only time I had that was food poisoning.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 09:09 PM 06-26-2021
Have you tried the tacos at la fiesta on the east side of Main Street in Scott? I prefer the steak tacos. We drive from garden to get them. They are the creation on Ernie Ortiz who used to own that restaurant and el conquistador in garden. He was killed one night after his restaurant closed.

https://www.kake.com/story/43116944/...hout-prejudice

Anyway, the tacos are amazing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:39 AM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Have you tried the tacos at la fiesta on the east side of Main Street in Scott? I prefer the steak tacos. We drive from garden to get them. They are the creation on Ernie Ortiz who used to own that restaurant and el conquistador in garden. He was killed one night after his restaurant closed.

https://www.kake.com/story/43116944/...hout-prejudice

Anyway, the tacos are amazing.
Yeah. Everytime I eat there that's what I get. I agree they are wonderful. I've never had the steak ones though. I'll have to partake.

Back when Dinosaurs roamed the earth that was an El Conquistador restaurant. I don't know if that dude owned it or when it changed hands, but I've known the last two owners, so there are at least 2 since then. It's good to know the tacos have survived ownership changes.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 11:44 AM 06-27-2021
Yeah. Everytime I eat there that's what I get. I agree they are wonderful. I've never had the steak ones though. I'll have to partake.

Back when Dinosaurs roamed the earth that was an El Conquistador restaurant. I don't know if that dude owned it or when it changed hands, but I've known the last two owners, so there are at least 2 since then. It's good to know the tacos have survived ownership changes.
Yea when he owned it it was El Con. Then he sold it because it wasn’t making much money. He let them have several recipes. We actually buy a dozen at a time. They are amazing cold. Perfect tractor meal. I thought it was funny someone mentioned elzarape sauce. I don’t know any restaraunts in Gc that have great sauce. Hell “on the border” medium is much better. We love that line and can get it everywhere.

However if you ever have to eat at elzarape the smothered pablito is amazing. The smother it with green sauce.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:21 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Yea when he owned it it was El Con. Then he sold it because it wasn’t making much money. He let them have several recipes. We actually buy a dozen at a time. They are amazing cold. Perfect tractor meal. I thought it was funny someone mentioned elzarape sauce. I don’t know any restaraunts in Gc that have great sauce. Hell “on the border” medium is much better. We love that line and can get it everywhere.

However if you ever have to eat at elzarape the smothered pablito is amazing. The smother it with green sauce.
My go to place in Garden is La Estrella. Place is kind of a dump but I can’t get enough of their tacos, man. I could hammer that every day. I like theyre salsa but depending on how many jalepeno seeds they jam in there it has the potential to melt your face off.

Goddamn it. Now I’m hungry for some especialias tacos. Grumble.
[Reply]
cdcox 06:00 PM 06-27-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
It's hard to gauge from person to person, but both the Pain is Good and the Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper, for me they're in that sweet spot where every bite is spicy, but it keeps you coming back for more. It's hotter than you get in most supermarket, but you can taste the flavors, and if the spice doesn't knock you out, you want another, and another, . . . hot, hot, hot!! Oh, just one more. . . If that makes sense.

It's not so hot you take one bite and are out of the spicy game for the afternoon, running around for milk or yogurt, like with pure hot sauces.
I tried Mrs. Renfro’s Ghost Pepper Salsa tonight. My experience is similar to yours where you want to eat more and more of it. But the heat builds on you after a while. Good recommendation for a hot salsa.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:59 PM 02-12-2022
Wanted to come back to this thread. There were some really good stuff here, and I appreciate all the input. I blew through a jar of most of these.

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I have a coworker who picks this up from time to time and I talk him into a jar or two of the extra hot.... good heat without being crazy by any means.

https://madeinnewmexico.com/products...ch-chile-salsa

This shit was the best of the bunch. It was REALLY fucking good. Expensive, but good. Couldn't manage free shipping.

Originally Posted by lewdog:
I like the 505 Salsa line, type that in Amazon. All of them are good. The flame roasted green Chile is great.

505 Southwestern medium flame roasted Green Chiles 40 oz (2)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075KNL3JL...S7DS47T0ZJ9SJY
Originally Posted by srvy:
This was also good. Maybe not as good as the New Mexico stuff, but it's quite a bit easier to get. This is probably going to be my go to when I get busy.

Originally Posted by Fish:
Mrs. Renfro's. No matter what your spice level, she got you covered...

Ironically this is the one still on my shelf. Bought the Habinero. Frankly, I have buyers remorse. I'm a big scared pussy bitch. I need to uncork it and put my big boy shorts on.

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I get the Mateo's salsa from Costco.

This was the best of the tamato based salsa. Really good rec here.

Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
herdez taqueira salsa. roja for standard beef tacos. verde for chicken pork and fish

ignore the labels. they are both extremely mild.
I couldn't get into this stuff. This could definitely be me, but I wasn't into it.

Originally Posted by gblowfish:
My friend Mr. Doggity is the biggest foodie I know. He says this is his favorite in KC:
https://www.facebook.com/silvas.foods.kc/
This stuff was pretty good. For whatever reason I didn't like it as much as the Mateos, even though I think it was really really close in flavor. Good story to go with it though. Definitely don't feel like a piece of shit buying this stuff.

Thanks again for all the recommendations. As per usual, CP outperforms anything else I can find on the net.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:18 PM 02-12-2022
I've also made some. I tried a few different kinds of roasted salsa.

This here shit is GOOOOOD. It has to be the small tomatoes. It gets mealy as all fuck with bigger (cheaper) ones. It ends up being kind of expensive, at least in my part of the world, at my grocery store.

It's pretty light on heat, even with 3 jalepenos with NO seeds out. For the next round I bought a serano to throw in there. If that doesn't work, I'll throw in a chipotle or 2. That seems to be hotter than a green jalapeno.

Anyway, if you're into making salsa, give this one a look. It's fucking good.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:47 AM 02-13-2022
you can pretty easily make your own salsa tbh

Just get a 14 oz can of tomatoes, maybe a quarter or half a large onion, salt, a jalapeno (deseed it if you want it less spicy) some garlic and lime juice from 1 lime. chop up everything then blend it all together using whatever blender you have and there you go. it'll be better than most of what you'll get at the store

but to answer your question I like herdez. sometimes they have quac in the refrigerator aisle and that's pretty decent for premade guac
[Reply]
emaw82 12:24 PM 02-13-2022
Herdez spicy guac is the way to go if you're not doing homemade. Mad Butcher's hot salsa is our go to store bought salsa. We've tried dozens of brands and that is our favorite.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:26 PM 02-13-2022
Wanted to come back to this thread. There were some really good stuff here, and I appreciate all the input. I blew through a jar of most of these.

This shit was the best of the bunch. It was REALLY fucking good. Expensive, but good. Couldn't manage free shipping.

This was also good. Maybe not as good as the New Mexico stuff, but it's quite a bit easier to get. This is probably going to be my go to when I get busy.

Ironically this is the one still on my shelf. Bought the Habinero. Frankly, I have buyers remorse. I'm a big scared pussy bitch. I need to uncork it and put my big boy shorts on.
Glad you liked it. I clicked on the link as I could use more, but got a concerning 404/page not found... looks like they still sell it though, whew.

I haven't tried the 505 yet, all I can find here is the medium... might have to find their hotter stuff online.

If nothing else on the Renfros, you can always start with like a breakfast burrito with sour cream to see if it'll burn your face off.... reviews and what not sometimes scare me into thinking something is far hotter than reality (their ghost pepper is actually very spicy though), so I'll start slow.
[Reply]
CatinKS 01:41 PM 02-13-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
you can pretty easily make your own salsa tbh

Just get a 14 oz can of tomatoes, maybe a quarter or half a large onion, salt, a jalapeno (deseed it if you want it less spicy) some garlic and lime juice from 1 lime. chop up everything then blend it all together using whatever blender you have and there you go. it'll be better than most of what you'll get at the store

but to answer your question I like herdez. sometimes they have quac in the refrigerator aisle and that's pretty decent for premade guac
You are missing fresh Cilantro from your list. That's a deal breaker in my Kitchen.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up