ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 934 of 934
« First < 434834884924930931932933934
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
UteChief 07:40 PM 04-16-2024
I think it’s the 60/40 rule. I need to research as it’s been a while.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:12 PM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by myselff77:
For you option traders, any advice how you got started and avoid anything stupid that pisses away your money?

Also, I assume any gains are getting taxed at the short term rate unless in something like a roth or does some other tax situation exist when trading options?
There is no faster way to blow up an account than options trading.

What's your investing experience?
[Reply]
Dunit35 07:32 PM Today
First off. I’m not a big investor. I have a separate police retirement growing but started a Roth IRA in December. I don’t put much in it, $100/every two weeks. I noticed it’s been dropping all week. Should I continue putting money in it or save my money since it’s tanking? I’m not negative yet but should be next week when this continues.

I only buy two mutual funds through Charles Schwab. SWTSX and SWISX. Mainly because I have no idea what I’m doing and just saw these on other forums.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
First off. I’m not a big investor. I have a separate police retirement growing but started a Roth IRA in December. I don’t put much in it, $100/every two weeks. I noticed it’s been dropping all week. Should I continue putting money in it or save my money since it’s tanking? I’m not negative yet but should be next week when this continues.

I only buy two mutual funds through Charles Schwab. SWTSX and SWISX. Mainly because I have no idea what I’m doing and just saw these on other forums.
If you're still in your working career, the accepted rule is that you keep putting money into it when it's going down. Eventually it'll go back up and you picked up some cheap shares. The concept is called dollar cost averaging.

We're all taking big hits this month. I have to adjust my mindset to know that it's just going to happen, and as long as I've got a system that lets me avoid selling during a pullback, I can soldier through it and it'll eventually go back up.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:31 PM Today
Now is one of the better times to be buying. The market has been extended far too long and a healthy pullback and reset was due for equities.
[Reply]
Page 934 of 934
« First < 434834884924930931932933934
Up