ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 27
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Baltimore Ravens (Week 2)
TLO 05:28 PM 09-12-2021
Discuss
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:54 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Andy Reid said "no injuries" at his press conference today, and Honey Badger and Frank Clark will return to practice.
The RAVENS on the other hand...

Ravens injury report for Wednesday

DID NOT PRACTICE
WR Marquise Brown (ankle)
OT Ronnie Stanley (ankle)
CB Chris Westry (knee)
DE Derek Wolfe (back/hip)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
CB Marlon Humphrey (back)
CB Jimmy Smith (ankle)
OLB Daelin Hayes (knee)

— Jamison Hensley (@jamisonhensley) September 15, 2021

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:01 PM 09-15-2021
Ravens fans seem very realistic. They aren’t justifying the Raider loss as some sort of a good loss. They’ve essentially conceded the season already. They know this won’t be their year.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:18 PM 09-15-2021
Reading the Ravens board is interesting. They don’t generally believe their team is more than a wild card weekend team. The injuries and poor play have all predicting a loss Sunday. Most seem unhappy with the coaching staff. But you will rarely find a critique of Jackson, who still seems to mostly be Teflon with the fan base. It’s the OC’s fault most of the time, or his line. They have not reached the stage where they think Jackson might be part of the problem.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:27 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Reading the Ravens board is interesting. They don’t generally believe their team is more than a wild card weekend team. The injuries and poor play have all predicting a loss Sunday. Most seem unhappy with the coaching staff. But you will rarely find a critique of Jackson, who still seems to mostly be Teflon with the fan base. It’s the OC’s fault most of the time, or his line. They have not reached the stage where they think Jackson might be part of the problem.
That fanbase won Super Bowls with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco. Their expectations from the position (even when it comes to winning the Super Bowl) are skewed.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:50 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Sooo, there’s this…

I'm sorry but thats some funny shit :-) At least it confused the defense.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:11 AM 09-16-2021
The Ravens FO will have an interesting decision to make if KC wins on Sunday...it would be the 4th straight time Mahomes has beaten Jackson.

Right now he's playing for peanuts...so this might be as strong of roster as they can afford during his career.

Shelf-life is generally pretty short for a running QB...Lamar has proven to be pretty durable so far.

If the end game to get to SB, how much do you hitch your financial wagon to a QB that's been incapable of beating your main obstacle?

Mahomes just passed Marino/Warner as the greatest start to a career. He's statistically the greatest young QB in history...so that has changed the game on how opposing teams might want to build their rosters. 3 straight HFA/AFCCG for the playoffs...what do you do to combat it?

PMII is going to be around for another 10 years at least...

I'm just glad he plays for the team I like...after 50 years of waiting, we all certainly got rewarded for our patience.
[Reply]
YayMike 05:42 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That fanbase won Super Bowls with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco. Their expectations from the position (even when it comes to winning the Super Bowl) are skewed.
Yep. They are starting to talk long and hard about what if… who is next…but they are worried that if they cut bait on LJ, the “true fans” will lose their shit.
[Reply]
oldman 06:29 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Oxford:
At times he needs to break that tendency. Defense needs to honor the RB-flat passes, if he never throws there then they can cheat.
I just looked at the stats and CEH had 3 targets and 3 receptions for 29 yards. I guess you could ask for more, but Hill and Kelce were having their way with the Brown's secondary. We were behind almost all the game, so you have to go downfield. Let's see what Andy and EB dial up this week before we start 2nd guessing.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:43 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The Ravens FO will have an interesting decision to make if KC wins on Sunday...it would be the 4th straight time Mahomes has beaten Jackson.

Right now he's playing for peanuts...so this might be as strong of roster as they can afford during his career.

Shelf-life is generally pretty short for a running QB...Lamar has proven to be pretty durable so far.

If the end game to get to SB, how much do you hitch your financial wagon to a QB that's been incapable of beating your main obstacle?

Mahomes just passed Marino/Warner as the greatest start to a career. He's statistically the greatest young QB in history...so that has changed the game on how opposing teams might want to build their rosters. 3 straight HFA/AFCCG for the playoffs...what do you do to combat it?

PMII is going to be around for another 10 years at least...

I'm just glad he plays for the team I like...after 50 years of waiting, we all certainly got rewarded for our patience.
He will get paid. His overall stats are good and he wins regular season games.

There are only so many Mahomes, Bradys, Montana’s, Elways, and Manning’s to go around at any one time.

If you don’t have an elite QB, you can’t just roll over and give up.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:48 AM 09-16-2021
Trade him. There are a lot of teams who could use Lamar to resurrect sagging fanbases. He would do that with ease.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:07 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
He's setting the edge and doing his job....

...wait, wrong fanbase.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:09 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I just looked at the stats and CEH had 3 targets and 3 receptions for 29 yards. I guess you could ask for more, but Hill and Kelce were having their way with the Brown's secondary. We were behind almost all the game, so you have to go downfield. Let's see what Andy and EB dial up this week before we start 2nd guessing.
Right.

There are concerns over the Chiefs lack of production past their top 2 weapons and I get it when you look at the numbers. But was PM forcing balls to Hill and Kelce? Nope.

Reid designs plays with Hill and Kelce as the first two options. Because...duh. And when they're open, Mahomes is gonna throw them the ball. If they weren't, he'd have looked to lesser options.

But they were - pretty much the entire game. If/when Hill and Kelce aren't having their way with a secondary, I'll worry if Mahomes is still trying to force passes to them and struggling with his reads. But we didn't see any of that on Sunday. His first options were open so they got the football and did damage.

That's kinda how you draw it up, fellas...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:14 AM 09-16-2021
Yeah, I'm not going to be concerned about Mahomes ignoring the flat unless a team like, the Chargers, who have historically have had the most consistent success providing resistance against Hill and Kelce, are able to neutralize them in the red zone* like TB did in the SB. If CEH is a non-factor in the rare case where a defense can neutralize BOTH Hill and Kelce, then I think it becomes a legitimate concern. But in the case where Hill and Kelce are feasting? That's okay.

It would do a lot for my confidence in CEH, however, to see him come up big in that way at least a couple of times this season. Damien and Hunt would always come up huge in those situations when they needed to, seeing CEH do the same would go a long way in giving us confidence that he can be the featured back in this offense when we need him to.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:36 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah, I'm not going to be concerned about Mahomes ignoring the flat unless a team like, the Chargers, who have historically have had the most consistent success providing resistance against Hill and Kelce, are able to neutralize them both like TB did in the SB. If CEH is a non-factor in the rare case where a defense can neutralize BOTH Hill and Kelce, then I think it becomes a legitimate concern. But in the case where Hill and Kelce are feasting? That's okay.

It would do a lot for my confidence in CEH, however, to see him come up big in that way at least a couple of times this season. Damien and Hunt would always come up huge in those situations when they needed to, seeing CEH do the same would go a long way in giving us confidence that he can be the featured back in this offense when we need him to.
The only thing that "neutralized" them was PMII running for his life the whole ****ing game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:37 AM 09-16-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah, I'm not going to be concerned about Mahomes ignoring the flat unless a team like, the Chargers, who have historically have had the most consistent success providing resistance against Hill and Kelce, are able to neutralize them both like TB did in the SB. If CEH is a non-factor in the rare case where a defense can neutralize BOTH Hill and Kelce, then I think it becomes a legitimate concern. But in the case where Hill and Kelce are feasting? That's okay.

And the flat passes are a lot like the run game - the number of times you have to do it to 'establish' it is often overstated.

You don't need to run the ball 25 times to get teams to respect a play action. You need to do it maybe half that. And you don't need to throw the ball into the flats a dozen times to get safeties/LBs to respect it. 3-4 times where you take easy money and a free first down will get them to keep an eye on the route.

It's not something I'm worried about at all. The short passing game to the RBs is something that Reid made his name on early in his coaching career. He knows how to get backs into space if he thinks that's what needs to be done.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 27
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up