ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3900 of 3903
« First < 2900340038003850389038963897389838993900 390139023903 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dolphinsneu 01:32 PM 03-04-2023
I got the two moderna shots and a booster. Mild side effects that went away quickly. Had Covid for the first time in 2022. It was bad, but not that bad.

I don't know if I'll get another booster, but I'll keep my mask on.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:09 PM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's a truly astounding level of effort that they both put into arguing a point that they knew the other one would never be convinced about.
Clearly some people like to argue. And I presume they were arguing for the wider audience more than expecting to suddenly convince each other.

But this thread does make me sad.

A lot of things are really hard to tease out data. Like what does a change in a given tax bracket do, if anything, to economic growth?

What will the climate be like in twenty years?

But billions of people have had various types of vaccines or none at all. And billions of people have gotten covid.

If as a society we are incapable of crunching that relatively straightforward and massive amount (we ain't talking small sample size) of data, in order to answer simple questions about efficacy and side effects...

Hard to see how society can have any sort of informed discussion about topic that is deeper than say a cultural war.

Seems grim.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:47 PM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I do.

I didn't want to get in the first place but since I work in government contracting, I was basically forced to get it or lose my job. I politely acquiesced and got the shot anyway because I wanted to be a good corporate citizen.

The shot itself was unlike anything I ever had. They used a huge, almost IV-like, needle and my arm bled for several hours. I've had thousands of shots, IV's, and blood draws and have never bled like that, especially not from my damn shoulder.

On top of that, about 4 weeks after the shot, I started getting radiating pain starting in my shoulder where I got the shot and extending down into my elbow. I've had it ever since and even though I cannot say it was the shot that caused, it certainly looks plausible.
I got 3 COVID shots and never had anything different than a flu shot. You think maybe you got an AIDS vaccine maybe?
[Reply]
ghak99 05:31 PM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Clearly some people like to argue. And I presume they were arguing for the wider audience more than expecting to suddenly convince each other.

But this thread does make me sad.

A lot of things are really hard to tease out data. Like what does a change in a given tax bracket do, if anything, to economic growth?

What will the climate be like in twenty years?

But billions of people have had various types of vaccines or none at all. And billions of people have gotten covid.

If as a society we are incapable of crunching that relatively straightforward and massive amount (we ain't talking small sample size) of data, in order to answer simple questions about efficacy and side effects...

Hard to see how society can have any sort of informed discussion about topic that is deeper than say a cultural war.

Seems grim.
It's a mess.

The very organizations that are appointed to provide the public with info have been politically weaponized. Anyone who has done time at a university helping carry out studies knows how heavily influenced they are by funding. It's hard to argue that we have a single news organization providing unbiased reporting. Mix in a 24 hour news cycle, some share holders, the desire for profits at every step along the way, and what do we have? Zero trust at ground zero.

The "conspiracy theorists" have been right way too often as of late.
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 09:04 AM 03-06-2023
I don't know if I will ever know the truth about Covid.

I wish people would conduct studies about the people hospitalized now. How many are vaxxed? How many are single boosted? How many are double boosted?

Most importantly, for how many is this their second infection? This could lead to findings as to if prior infection does give immunity.

During the capitol riots, when the lawmakers were sheltering in a confined area, some Democrats asked some Republicans to wear masks. The Republicans refused, and the Democrats got Covid. This lends credence to the idea that masks don't protect the wearer, but they do stop the spread.
[Reply]
TLO 09:18 AM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by ghak99:
It's a mess.

The very organizations that are appointed to provide the public with info have been politically weaponized. Anyone who has done time at a university helping carry out studies knows how heavily influenced they are by funding. It's hard to argue that we have a single news organization providing unbiased reporting. Mix in a 24 hour news cycle, some share holders, the desire for profits at every step along the way, and what do we have? Zero trust at ground zero.

The "conspiracy theorists" have been right way too often as of late.
Which conspiracy theorists? What have they been right about? I'm genuinely asking
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This is how I feel. My parents have gotten it once and twice for mom and are high risk and have made it through just fine with mild symptoms after getting it and being vaccinated and both were behind one booster at the time.
Of course you can find anecdotal evidence. I have a family member who is not vaxxed that has COVID 3 times and never had severe symptoms.

Like I said before, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 09:21 AM 03-06-2023
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...it-new-record/

If what they say about Covid in Florida is true, then, DeSantis should not have won in a landslide. They must be falsifying data.
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 09:27 AM 03-06-2023
What I don't understand is why they didn't clearly define form the start of the pandemic

1) With Covid
2) From Covid

If somebody is the hospital and is clearly there because they are suffering from Covid, they would fall under category 2

IF somebody is suffering from something else and goes to hospital and tests positive, they would go under category 1.

Only category 2 should count towards Covid numbers.
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 09:28 AM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Which conspiracy theorists? What have they been right about? I'm genuinely asking
This is what they are claiming to be right about

1) Covid came from a lab
2) Masks do not work
3) The vaccines are not safe and effective
4) The lockdowns were ineffective and made people suffer
[Reply]
PHOG 09:40 AM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by dolphinsneu:
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/...it-new-record/

If what they say about Covid in Florida is true, then, DeSantis should not have won in a landslide. They must be falsifying data.
What I don't understand is why they didn't clearly define form the start of the pandemic

1) With Covid
2) From Covid

If somebody is the hospital and is clearly there because they are suffering from Covid, they would fall under category 2

IF somebody is suffering from something else and goes to hospital and tests positive, they would go under category 1.

This is what they are claiming to be right about

1) Covid came from a lab
2) Masks do not work
3) The vaccines are not safe and effective
4) The lockdowns were ineffective and made people suffer
:-)
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 12:32 PM 03-06-2023

1) With Covid
2) From Covid

If only it was that black an white. If you have lung cancer but ultimately die of pneumonia as a result of it you don't just count the death towards pneumonia.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:03 PM 03-06-2023
I got the first two Pfizer really early on and that’s it. I don’t regret getting them but don’t really think they made a difference for someone like me. And never really did think they were necessary for myself. Unfortunately having them is a requirement in many instances so it’s good to have it. For example, my wife saw Adele at Caesar’s while we were in Las Vegas, and it said at time of ticket purchase they required proof of vaccination. That said, no one ever actually checked. Also there are some other places to travel that require them, but not boosters which is good. I do wonder how long those types of requirements will persist as at this point we’ve all been exposed numerous times so those types of things seem incredibly pointless by now.

But there is zero chance I get a booster and no way my little kids the vaccine. They’ve already had it at least once if not multiple times and for them it’s as normal as any cold we all grew up with, which is something I’m quite sure I wrote about in here years ago.
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 01:49 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
If only it was that black an white. If you have lung cancer but ultimately die of pneumonia as a result of it you don't just count the death towards pneumonia.
Then maybe we need a third category called likely exacerbated by covid
[Reply]
dolphinsneu 01:51 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I got the first two Pfizer really early on and that’s it. I don’t regret getting them but don’t really think they made a difference for someone like me. And never really did think they were necessary for myself. Unfortunately having them is a requirement in many instances so it’s good to have it. For example, my wife saw Adele at Caesar’s while we were in Las Vegas, and it said at time of ticket purchase they required proof of vaccination. That said, no one ever actually checked. Also there are some other places to travel that require them, but not boosters which is good. I do wonder how long those types of requirements will persist as at this point we’ve all been exposed numerous times so those types of things seem incredibly pointless by now.

But there is zero chance I get a booster and no way my little kids the vaccine. They’ve already had it at least once if not multiple times and for them it’s as normal as any cold we all grew up with, which is something I’m quite sure I wrote about in here years ago.
I want studies done on Covid patients now that compare the severity of their infections to whether it’s their first time getting it or not. Some children have gotten it severely. I am happy to hear that was not the case in your family
[Reply]
Page 3900 of 3903
« First < 2900340038003850389038963897389838993900 390139023903 >
Up