ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Best Slice
TimBone 04:53 PM 11-28-2021
It's a shame we don't talk about pizza very often here on Chiefsplanet Football Message Board. It's not too late to change that, though.

I want to hear where everyone had their best slice of pizza pie. What are your favorite toppings? Does pineapple belong on pizza? Do you enjoy Dave Portnoy's pizza reviews? What your favorite of the fast food pizza franchises? DO YOU PREFER CHICAGO OR NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA? I need answers, people.

One bite, everybody knows the rules.
[Reply]
srvy 07:48 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by blake5676:
I actually don't recall a thread like this on here, although I'm sure there's been a few through the years.

I prefer thin. I actually really like St Louis style pizza and gun to my head would pick Leo's as a last pizza meal if confined to the metro KC area to choose.

If we're talking Chicago, give me Lou Malnati's over Giordano's but I haven't had enough of any other Chicago pizza to have a really informed opinion.

And as for fast food--I'll "eat" just about any pizza but none of them are really any good. Been years since I've had Domino's but I've heard it's improved. Pizza Hut is completely below average but ate it so much growing up that I can stomach it just fine. And I can even get down with Papa John's about once a year and enjoy it well enough.
Leo's on Englewood and 169 highway? yep always like that pizza.

But Shakey's on Rainbow Blvd by KU Med Center to this day I still remember. The smell of parmesan and stale beer as you walked into the door. Best of anywhere I have been but I was a young kid maybe left an impression.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 07:53 PM 11-28-2021
Remember when eDave had his buddy’s gf over and tried to get a pizza that ass?
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:53 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
30 years in newspapers, 1988-2018. First 5 as a sports writer and editor, then 25 as an editorial writer and opinion page editor.
Cool! I did three years of grad school, then left to come back to KC in 1986.
[Reply]
srvy 07:55 PM 11-28-2021
The cracker crust pizza at Sutera's in the west bottoms after Kings or Blades games.

I will never put down gas station pizza again after having Casey's.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:57 PM 11-28-2021
RIP Kimbo Slice, the best Slice
[Reply]
TimBone 07:59 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
You’re dangerously close to going back on the ignore list, pal.

[Reply]
bricks 08:02 PM 11-28-2021
The best pizza I had was at my house. Homemade buddy!

I made this pizza on a whim. It was during the Chiefs Superbowl victory.

Funny thing is, I didn’t even think about the ingredients and just selected them randomly.

The pizza ingredients are:

Pizza sauce spiced up with chilli flakes, topped with Monterey Jack habanero cheese, some chorizo sausage, bacon, onions and drizzle some Tabasco sauce on that. Wow!!!
[Reply]
scho63 08:03 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Remember when eDave had his buddy’s gf over and tried to get a pizza that ass?
He got to eat a taco instead
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:07 PM 11-28-2021
Casey's is reasonably priced, but is always greasy and the quality of their toppings is not so much. OK in a pinch if that's all there is...
[Reply]
bricks 08:12 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Casey's is reasonably priced, but is always greasy and the quality of their toppings is not so much. OK in a pinch if that's all there is...
Not a fan of greasy pizza. I feel like crap after I eat it and a place that rips you off with toppings is probably more concerned about cutting back on cost than anything else.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:12 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
FWIW their beer is just OK
I think it's interesting that both you and Bearcat mentioned beer places amongst your favorite pizza spots. Two of the best pizza places I've visited down here are also beer spots, Pinthouse pizza in Austin and Crying Eagle Brewery in Lake Charles.

Pinthouse pizza has become a mandatory visit for me every summer when I'm home to Texas. The beer is fine. It's not gonna blow you away, but it's above average, for sure. The pizza, though. Man. I grab the same two pies every time I go.

Banh Mi Pizza:

Crème fraîche, house cheese blend, local sausage, jalapeños, pickled onions and carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, Sriracha.

The Armadillo:

Extra virgin olive oil, house cheese blend, local artisan sausage, poblano peppers, ricotta cheese, and cilantro.

[Reply]
theoldcoach 08:12 PM 11-28-2021
The Pizza House in Springfield, Mo.

The best.

Ever.
[Reply]
srvy 08:13 PM 11-28-2021
When we worked NYC we went to those famous pizza joints we left unimpressed with their limp dick pizza you roll up to eat. No thanks!
[Reply]
bricks 08:14 PM 11-28-2021
If you guys want great pizza go to Italy when and or if you can.

Naples has some of the best pizza joints, restaurants in the world.
[Reply]
srvy 08:22 PM 11-28-2021
Kelso's has a special place in my heart. Owned by Wild Bill Kelso of the KC A's. His first went in by the old Antioch Center SE corner of Chouteau and Vivion Rd. It was his best spot when he moved into Metro North Mall it was always so busy that vegis on the pizza never got done always crunch and cold. Then he opened in NKC at NE corner of Armour and Swift same problem. Bill Kelso sponsored lots of Little League Baseball including our team. Always free pizza after the game. We would go to Kings games as we got older get Pizza and shoot the shit with Bill and he would serve us pitchers of beer. It was good pizza.

The Pizza by the slice place in Antioch center was awesome to but can't remember the name.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 20
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up