ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Best Slice
TimBone 04:53 PM 11-28-2021
It's a shame we don't talk about pizza very often here on Chiefsplanet Football Message Board. It's not too late to change that, though.

I want to hear where everyone had their best slice of pizza pie. What are your favorite toppings? Does pineapple belong on pizza? Do you enjoy Dave Portnoy's pizza reviews? What your favorite of the fast food pizza franchises? DO YOU PREFER CHICAGO OR NEW YORK STYLE PIZZA? I need answers, people.

One bite, everybody knows the rules.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:45 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
caseys flatbread is fire
Casey's has the best breakfast pizza around here for sure.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:46 PM 11-28-2021
About 15 years ago I called Sbarros at our local mall and asked it they sold entire pizzas made to order. They did.

I got the double crust "meat lover" that looks like an actual pie (with bacon, pepperoni, and parmesan on top crust) and got there just as it was coming out of the oven. That thing felt like it was 5 or 6 lbs. Two slices and I was not just full but stuffed. Those things were a good inch thick. It was for our fantasy football draft and 8 men were full off the one pie.

I know a lot of that stuff sits there forever in those food courts and bland for the most part but if you order a whole pie fresh (I think it was $29 back then) it's absolutely worth it.
[Reply]
seclark 05:49 PM 11-28-2021
Rigazzi’s on The Hill in St Louis.
Thin crust
Bacon and pineapple
Pitcher of Michelob
Before or after a Blues game
sec
[Reply]
Rausch 05:50 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by seclark:
Thin crust
Bacon and pineapple
Pitcher of Michelob
sec
Sinner!
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:55 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Pizza Hut
SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!
[Reply]
seclark 05:57 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Sinner!
Go easy on the sauce :-)
sec
[Reply]
Rausch 05:58 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!
20 years ago the quality was much better.
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:58 PM 11-28-2021
Tonight Fun House on US 40 has two medium one toppings for $20. Can't beat it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:59 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by seclark:
Thin crust
Bacon and pineapple
Pitcher of Michelob
Before or after a Blues game
sec
Rigazzi's is good, though I prefer to go there for entrees [Tuto Mare] and of course their giant cocktails.

People should know, though. Their's is St. Louis style, which means Imo's style, which means Provel blend, . . . which [for some] means congealed snot on a saltine.
:-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 06:02 PM 11-28-2021
Giordanno's in Chicago gave me the worst food poisoning I ever had.
Worst pizza in general is Imo's in St. Louis. Provel is snot cheese.

I think Minsky's and Fun House are the best in KC.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:02 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Hands-down the absolute best way to re-heat cold pizza.

Cast iron skillet preheated on medium.
Thin layer of olive oil
Place slices in skillet
Turn heat to low/medium low
Cover.
Check it after five minutes and every couple of minutes until the cheese starts melting, make sure you don’t burn the bottom, which should be perfectly crispy
:-)
I made cast iron skillet pizza for a little while... little bit of garlic salt on the crust and there's no need for pizza delivery ever again.

.....and then one day I did the math and those things are like 2000 calories, so I had to stop. (well, maybe not quite that much)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:03 PM 11-28-2021
I like Gusano's, but it's in a horrible location unless you mind sitting in traffic. A locally owned place recently opened up on my way home from work, so that's been my go-to recently. Call at 4:45, swing through drive-thru at 5:03, home by 5:11. Winning.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:04 PM 11-28-2021
California Pizza Kitchen had some really good frozen pizza options in KC years ago.... they had a thin crust Sicilian that was great and a couple of hand-tossed options, including a 4 cheese that was delicious but made you hate yourself if you ate the whole thing. And I would the whole thing.
[Reply]
seclark 06:06 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Rigazzi's is good, though I prefer to go there for entres and of course their giant cocktails.

People should know, though. Their's is St. Louis style, which means Imo's style, which means Provel blend, . . . which [for some] means congealed snot on a saltine. :-)
I believe about 15 years ago you snubbed my choice of pizza, bl.
I normally don’t forget these type of things.
Happy holidays, sir. May your cheese never get wanky.
sec
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:06 PM 11-28-2021
I lived 40 miles south of Chicago after college and we would drive into the city on Friday night with friends and hammer Gino's east pizza. Damn fine memories for sure

Have been fortunate to make several trips to Italy and my God the pizza there is mind blowing

Have started making pizza at home in the Weber Summit Charcoal...can run uo to 650 degrees...good stuff

Hate to say it but Papa Murphys is a go to for us in rural MO or even Caseys in a bind

IN KC, hard to beat Waldo Pizza when we visit grands
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up