ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Lubbock Tx shooting. Self defense or murder?
Deberg_1990 12:01 PM 11-26-2021
Wow. Warning. Disturbing video.

**Graphic video** of Lubbock Texas shooting. Disgusting act. Another gun toting sociopath kills a man in pure cowardice. Whatever happened to fighting like a man?? pic.twitter.com/PCjGnoUByR

— Frank 💎🇺🇸 (@slam_bknyc) November 26, 2021

LUBBOCK, Texas - In the West-Texas panhandle, the "Castle Doctrine" has been put to the test after the shooting death of Chad Read on November 5.

Kyle Carruth fatally shot Read outside of the Carruth family home. #CastleDoctorine #Lubbock #Murderhttps://t.co/0H7cFGTfUx pic.twitter.com/4J541sBDNX

— Steve Oatley (Host of Wake Up America) (@steveoatley) November 26, 2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:13 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
You keep saying this but the father was there to pick up his son. If it was after 3:15 and the kid isnít there, then mom and boyfriend are in the wrong. They are in violation of a court order.

Again, it doesnít excuse the fathers moronic actions, but it significantly mitigates the ďhe was trespassingĒ excuse.

Again, I think itís manslaughter, at least. I wouldnít even push back against the father kind of deserved it.

But itís not self defense. The whole confrontation started because the boyfriend and mom disobeyed a court order.

None of this happens if the father isn't a raging asshole either. He is much more in the wrong here than anyone else. Zero justification to turn it into a physical confrontation.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:14 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
None of this happens if the father isn't a raging asshole either. He is much more in the wrong here than anyone else.

From the video, that's not even remotely correct.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:14 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
This was a required child custody transfer. You, and others, seem to be ignoring that. "I know you're here under court order, but too bad" is not a solid defense here.

And the video footage didn't show any phone call made by the shooter to the police.
How would one capture video footage of a person in the house from outside?

He said he didn't have the child and told him to leave. The correct response is to return to your vehicle and request law enforcement assistance with the transfer. The incorrect response is to run your mouth and be physically aggressive.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:16 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
How would one capture video footage of a person in the house from outside?

He said he didn't have the child and told him to leave. The correct response is to return to your vehicle and request law enforcement assistance with the transfer. The incorrect response is to run your mouth and be physically aggressive.

The posted video is a mash of two separate videos, one from inside the home, the other from inside a vehicle.

As for that "The correct response" silliness, I'll just leave it at that.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:17 PM 11-26-2021
This was not self-defense in the slightest. I can't imagine considering murdering someone in this situation because I was mad at them. He's going to get away with it to due to outdated laws, and he knew he could get away with it and could kill a man for no reason.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 04:20 PM 11-26-2021
As for that "The correct response" silliness, I'll just leave it at that.

whats the correct response when someone tells you to get off their property and fires a warning shot?

grabbing the gun?
[Reply]
Pawnmower 04:21 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This was not self-defense in the slightest. I can't imagine considering murdering someone in this situation because I was mad at them. He's going to get away with it to due to outdated laws, and he knew he could get away with it and could kill a man for no reason.

i doubt it

did he know the guy was gonna try to grab his gun?

did he know the guy would straight up ignore a warning shot and STILL charge at him?

sounds a little too much to be planned out
[Reply]
Buddy Rich 04:24 PM 11-26-2021
Manslaughter for sure. No way that's self defense.
[Reply]
Graystoke 04:24 PM 11-26-2021
Guilty-Two idiots.
No reason for that dude to come out with a gun. Not self defense, he escalated the situation by even bring a gun out.
Guy grabbing it-idiot. Should have left asap and let things cool
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:27 PM 11-26-2021
From the video, that's not even remotely correct.
You must have a bias here.

Been in a shitty child custody situation?
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:30 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
A Ruger Carbine are what the Twitter folks are saying.
Originally Posted by notorious:
Itís a 10/22 thatís been modded with a bullpup kit.
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yep, you can tell from the sound .22.
Just goes to show that a .22 can indeed be a good self defense round
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:31 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
You must have a bias here.

Been in a shitty child custody situation?

I have no bias here. There is just no question that the father is the least culpable of the 3. It's not a close call.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:33 PM 11-26-2021
Those seeing this through a pure self-defense versus murder dichotomy are missing the salient point, . . . it's the gun owner's property, which is a different analysis.

Self-defense is when you are in common areas and a threat arises you may or may not retreat from. Castle doctrine is when you are on your own property, meaning the duty to retreat has ceased.

Also, whether he could have negotiated the matter 'better' is not the gravamen of the inquiry, it's whether the way he handled it is reasonable under the law.

You don't have a duty to negotiate with persistent unwanted aggressors on your own property, or make every effort to dispatch their aggression peaceably.

When you are on your own property and the aggressor is aware that you are poised to defend it with lethal force, and they persist in aggression and announce an intent to take your lethal force and turn it on you, and further encroach on you, they have set the situation in motion.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:35 PM 11-26-2021
I have no bias here. There is just no question that the father is the least culpable of the 3. It's not a close call.

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:36 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not at all.

The mother knew that she was supposed to have the child there. The boyfriend also knew, or should have known, and he was helping his girlfriend violate a custody exchange requirement.

Again, this isn't even a close call.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up