ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>To Boost or Not To Boost, That is the Question
0372 08:34 PM 11-18-2021
Last week Fauci announced that the Covid Vaxx "Has not performed as intended and yesterday announced Hospitalizations rising among fully vaccinated in U.S. Fauci says "What we’re starting to see now is an uptick in hospitalizations among people who’ve been vaccinated but not boosted."

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-says-rcna5907

This week the New England Journal of Medicine reports that "The Covid Vaxx Wanes after a 'Few' months."

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2114228

CNN reports You may need up to three Covid-19 vaccine doses to be considered fully vaccinated.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/17/world...-21/index.html

And now this:

‘Fully Vaccinated' Means Getting a COVID Booster,

New York City leapfrogged the feds this week in making all adults booster-eligible, while Connecticut's governor says those who were vaccinated more than six months ago should get in line now
Published November 18, 2021 • Updated on November 18, 2021 at 1:39 pm

Anyone who got a COVID-19 vaccine more than six months ago should not consider themselves fully vaccinated, Gov. Ned Lamont said Thursday as he urged Connecticut residents to get a booster shot.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...-says/3409698/

"What Say You?"
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:23 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
My step-sis was all about the vaccine, convinced my step-mom/dad to not allow me to come over last year for Thanksgiving because I wasn't vax. They all wore masks last year at the gathering. Ya see...she works at a church daycare so you can't call her out on her BS because well...Jesus n stuff.

Her and hubs got covid again few days ago. I guess the vax didn't work and they need more booster shots! And shes 100% into the cult so she'll get as many shots as Fauci tells her to, posts on FB "I'm doing ok, and good thing I was vax because it would have been a lot worse if I wasn't!" <== This is the level of clown world we live in now.

It's a never ending circle-jerk.

The whole "would have been worse off without it" demonstrates a complete lack of statistical reasoning.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:25 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
...convinced my step-mom/dad to not allow me to come over last year for Thanksgiving
That's a dad problem.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:51 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Not getting another vax. Two is enough.
But what if you get a placebo shot and get the sticker anyway?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:56 AM 11-19-2021

Your loyalty Pfizer card..... #rtept pic.twitter.com/GhrxLuOFC2

— Robert Daly. (@mrbobdaly) November 16, 2021

[Reply]
Donger 09:58 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That would be better if it were accurate. The second shot of the mRNA vaccines is technically a booster.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:01 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
That would be better if it were accurate. The second shot of the mRNA vaccines is technically a booster.
Hey dick-lips, we know.

Don't answer, boy....
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:02 AM 11-19-2021
:-)

But you're not "fully" vaccinated until shot 2 so you're all over the place with your Corona cult dogma.

If shot 1 isn't enough to be fully vaccinated you can't call shot 2 a "booster" because you aren't vaccinated yet.
[Reply]
Donger 10:09 AM 11-19-2021
:-)

But you're not "fully" vaccinated until shot 2 so you're all over the place with your Corona cult dogma.

If shot 1 isn't enough to be fully vaccinated you can't call shot 2 a "booster" because you aren't vaccinated yet.
I'm not all over the place about anything. We've known that being fully vaccinated means two weeks after the prime and boost shot have been administered for a year.

And yes, I can call the second shot a booster because it is. Look up heterologous vaccine and learn something today.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:14 AM 11-19-2021
It's all word games. The meaning of the term "booster" has been used in the media for the shots after you are "fully vaccinated".

That's what we are talking about now, shots after the 1st 2. If you want to write "Booster" on your Pfizer Rewards program for all the shots after 1 knock yourself out.
[Reply]
Donger 10:16 AM 11-19-2021
It's all word games. The meaning of the term "booster" has been used in the media for the shots after you are "fully vaccinated".

That's what we are talking about now, shots after the 1st 2. If you want to write "Booster" on your Pfizer Rewards program for all the shots after 1 knock yourself out.
And they are correct. It would be a second booster shot, not the first. Happy to educate, as always.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:18 AM 11-19-2021
And they are correct. It would be a second booster shot, not the first. Happy to educate, as always.
OK English, I laughed....
[Reply]
redshirt32 10:35 AM 11-19-2021
One can only hope the Joe and ho get boost shot.
[Reply]
0372 11:12 AM 11-19-2021
We are going to need MORE Boosters.

Official Public Health England Data Says COVID Infection Rates Higher in Vaxxed Than Unvaxxed

https://summit.news/2021/11/19/offic...then-unvaxxed/

Meanwhile, the Times reports the results of another study which “found the double-jabbed are just as likely to pass on Covid-19 as unvaccinated people.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...orts-7dp6chl8d

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:28 AM 11-19-2021
Originally Posted by 0372:
We are going to need MORE Boosters.

Official Public Health England Data Says COVID Infection Rates Higher in Vaxxed Than Unvaxxed

https://summit.news/2021/11/19/offic...then-unvaxxed/

Meanwhile, the Times reports the results of another study which “found the double-jabbed are just as likely to pass on Covid-19 as unvaccinated people.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...orts-7dp6chl8d

Vaccines failing in Germany.

germany's vakzine fail
despite over 67% fully vaxxed covid looks worse than 2020

germany reached 50% fully vaxxed on july 27th. that figure is now over 67%.

it is making NO difference.

all else equal, just given prior surges and the greater past generation of natural immunity you’d expect a drop.

but we’re seeing a major rise instead.

to make this easier to see, i grabbed the our world in data data and plotted it year against year starting august 1.

cases are MUCH higher. they are currently 124% higher as a 7 day moving average than this date last year.

as they have been higher throughout, i also plotted this as cumulative cases.

those are 122% higher overall.

they have had well over twice the full period case count vs a year ago.

this is not an artifact of testing.

testing is actually down year on year.

so the reality is actually worse than described above if one were to adjust for sample rate.

cases would be more like triple last year’s count.

so much for “stopping spread.” that looks like spread acceleration (which was predictable)

that is WAY too big a variance to be a 20-45% difference in variant infectiousness.

but that ship had largely sailed.

few with any real familiarity with this data are still claiming that these vaccines stop spread. the evidence has been clear for some time and even the CDC has stopped arguing it.

but perhaps it works on severity?

nope. on a societal scale, it does not seem to. the hospitalization data was sparse and incomplete for germany, so i looked at deaths instead.

they have been higher all along and are basically indistinguishable now.

taken as a cumulative, deaths are 84% higher than the same time span a year ago despite a variant with notably lower CFR.

much of this may be higher case count. higher cases with lower CFR could land you here. it could also be consistent with some vaccine efficacy.

we’re into the realm of error bars too big to do any useful math on that, but it seems plausible to me that we’re seeing a situation like the UK where despite some VE on death, it’s being swamped by the vaccinated being at higher risk for cases and by a leaky vaccine increasing CFR on delta variant so even the vaccinated have become more likely overall to die of covid.

(if you have triple the cases and triple the CFR vs what you would have had, you’d need 89% VE just to break even. none of these vaccines are even close to that in practice)

we’re obviously playing a bit of a mosaic game here, that would be my odds on bet.

this is the shape of the disaster starting to play out all over the world.

these vaccines have not attenuated covid. they have rekindled its spread.

the vaccinated have become a potent vector to carry the disease and to actually make the disease itself worse because leaky vaccines invert the evolutionary gradient and select for hotter rather than milder strains.

this is going to keep happening as regions come into season. people will blame “the variants” but the fact is that the reason delta case fatality rate basically tripled on an age cohorted basis over the summer (when it should have been dropping) IS the vaccines.

this was not exogenous to human action. it did not “just happen.” this is such an outlier outcome that it might as well be water flowing uphill. when you see that, you have to suspect external forcing and there is an obvious culprit, the timing matches, and we know that this is what leaky vaccines do.

boosting is just going to make it worse and invert the viral gradient even further. any short term help from boosted antibodies (at the price of another round of dangerous adverse events) will just run up a bigger bigger bill to pay when it comes due later, and it’s far from clear that this booster strategy even provides short term help.

it did not help israel.

in fact, there is basically no evidence that their high vaxx rates, green pass, and heavy restrictions accomplished ANYTHING when compared to the neighbors.

i see no way to look at this and say “vaccines worked.”

this is the outcome no one wanted but that many (including certain internet felines) warned against.

rolling out a functionally untested vaccine at this sort of scale was a wildly reckless global epidemiological joyride. it’s not going well.

i wish i had better news here, but this is unfortunately playing out just as one would predict for a vaccine accelerated double dip pandemic driven by hotter substrain selection and reduction of sterilizing immunity.

i suspect the OAS issue here is very real (and possibly permanent in the vaccinated even post live virus exposure and recovery).

there are going to be some rotten surprises for those who thought they had vaxxed their way out of this.

this was not a fire extinguisher.

more and more, it looks like it was gasoline.

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/g...s-vakzine-fail
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:08 PM 11-19-2021
Many European countries could "go away" and the world would be a better place. Germany is one of them.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up