ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Netflix: Red Notice
BigRedChief 11:09 PM 11-13-2021
Netflix spends $200 million on a movie. Gets A list stars and no thread?

Thought it was a fun popcorn movie. If I’d saw this pre-Covid in theatre's, it’d still be fun.

Reynolds with wise cracking insults like he did in Deadpool. The Rock doing his Rock thing. Gadot looking sexy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 PM 11-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I enjoyed the Ryan Reynolds "I am doing my monotone manic whisper as a I deliver my joke" thing when I was younger. He just doesn't do it for me anymore. I think he peaked with "Waiting".
So I rewatched it, and it was funnier than I remember. Worth the time if you want a shut your mind off LOL flick.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 PM 11-19-2021
Man, the amount of clunky exposition in this movie is PAINFUL.

And Gadot just isn’t my bag. Pretty, yes - but just no curves. And the Rock is looking old these days.

Just a really forgettable movie.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:27 PM 11-20-2021
I enjoyed it. Was it a little cheesy in spots? Sure, but it kept me entertained for a couple hours. Movies you just have to go by the world they show you it is, reality doesn’t reign in the movie world. Just watch it for what it is.
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:41 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The critics were right. Just a soulless movie with really bad dialogue, and some of the laziest storytelling you could imagine. We're talking "my mother was an Egyptologist, that's why I know these things" kind of tier. There might be some kind of enjoyment to be had, you'll just have to find a way to turn your brain off to one notch above vegetative state. Careful not to go full Terri Schaivo!
I actually fell asleep trying to watch it, but I am not a Rock fan. Normally only NBA on the tube puts me to sleep. Good to see the critics agree.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I actually fell asleep trying to watch it, but I am not a Rock fan. Normally only NBA on the tube puts me to sleep. Good to see the critics agree.
When the movie is so poorly and lazily written that 2 people have to have the kind of conversation that human beings NEVER have in order to try to establish a back-story and/or plot point, it just takes me out of the movie.

There's nothing worse in a movie than these obvious exposition scenes when they're trying to fill in gaps in a plot.

Any writer worth a single damn will know the old 'show, don't tell' axiom. This movie didn't do that at all. If they didn't have a way to explain why a character would do something or know something, they just gave you a 3-4 minute scene that grinds the movie to a halt where everyone sits there and chats in overly long, overly flowery prose.

If Aaron Sorkin tried to make a heist movie after suffering a series of debilitating strokes and then falling on his head...from a significant height...multiple times - you'd have this movie.

It was honestly one of the more offensively poorly written movies I think I've ever seen.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:32 PM 11-22-2021
I'm a couple episodes into the bonkers-ass Korean show called 'Hellbound' and I'd definitely recommend this over Red Notice.

But yeah - it's friggen weird.

At least its interesting weird, though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:39 PM 11-22-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm a couple episodes into the bonkers-ass Korean show called 'Hellbound' and I'd definitely recommend this over Red Notice.

But yeah - it's friggen weird.

At least its interesting weird, though.
If you’re going to go the Korean Route, my name is pretty good. It’s not too bonkers-ass. I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
HemiEd 03:02 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When the movie is so poorly and lazily written that 2 people have to have the kind of conversation that human beings NEVER have in order to try to establish a back-story and/or plot point, it just takes me out of the movie.

There's nothing worse in a movie than these obvious exposition scenes when they're trying to fill in gaps in a plot.

Any writer worth a single damn will know the old 'show, don't tell' axiom. This movie didn't do that at all. If they didn't have a way to explain why a character would do something or know something, they just gave you a 3-4 minute scene that grinds the movie to a halt where everyone sits there and chats in overly long, overly flowery prose.

If Aaron Sorkin tried to make a heist movie after suffering a series of debilitating strokes and then falling on his head...from a significant height...multiple times - you'd have this movie.

It was honestly one of the more offensively poorly written movies I think I've ever seen.
This is almost exactly what I told my wife afterwards. But, it was some good sound sleep for about an hour. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:03 PM 11-29-2021
The Rock posting on Instagram that after two weeks, this is the most popular movie of all time on Netflix. I guess it’s more popular outside of ChiefsPlanet.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:12 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The Rock posting on Instagram that after two weeks, this is the most popular movie of all time on Netflix. I guess it’s more popular outside of ChiefsPlanet.
It's an action flick with 3 big names, of course it's doing well.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:17 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's an action flick with 3 big names, of course it's doing well.
Your dad was a cop so you became a crook. My dad was a crook so I became a cop.

Oh man.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:44 PM 11-30-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The Rock is going to run for president and win at some point this decade, I suspect. This movie was terrible and it doesn't affect his ridiculous box office whatsoever.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:48 PM 12-02-2021
Absolutely pure garbage so not surprising it's popular with the passes. Jfc what an abomination.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:59 PM 12-02-2021
Yeah - this movie still sucked. I don't care how many people have watched it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:24 PM 12-02-2021
The Rock. He had some interesting roles back when he first broke into Hollywood. Gridiron Gang, Be Cool, Southland Tales, Get Smart…

It’s like he barely even tries anymore.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up