ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 352
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
sedated 05:35 PM 07-02-2021
Optimism abounds, but might take a bit for everything to gel.

Inb4 BWillie calling "ceiling is a 4 seed, thinking 5 or 6"
[Reply]
BWillie 05:50 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Optimism abounds, but might take a bit for everything to gel.

Inb4 BWillie calling "ceiling is a 4 seed, thinking 5 or 6"
For next year? No we are going to be awesome. Was kind of right about this year's team wasn't I. I think I said ceiling was like a 3 seed, though.

This is going to be a #1 seed type team. If they can defend, look out.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:47 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Wilson's return is massive. He hit a freshman wall last year but the talent is there. He'll also benefit a lot from not having to take on the primary scoring load.
Our offense will be fierce next year. Can’t defend anyone (Garrett was the only one who could this past year), but we will score a lot.

Fans said that about the 2018 team - Devonte, Svi, Doke, Newman -and it turned out to be so. Very good scorers, meh defenders, Final Four.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:12 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Our offense will be fierce next year. Can’t defend anyone (Garrett was the only one who could this past year), but we will score a lot.

Fans said that about the 2018 team - Devonte, Svi, Doke, Newman -and it turned out to be so. Very good scorers, meh defenders, Final Four.
That's why Harris needs to play, and alot as a back up PG. Whenever he comes in Remy becomes more of a scoring guard. Harris is undersized but good on the ball and elite at deflection and steals. Probably 2nd or 3rd best defender on last years squad. Last year since we couldn't score he actually may have had lesser value and role then on this one.

I hope Yesefu takes almost all of Brauns minutes, thought.[
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:15 AM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That's why Harris needs to play, and alot as a back up PG. Whenever he comes in Remy becomes more of a scoring guard. Harris is undersized but good on the ball and elite at deflection and steals. Probably 2nd or 3rd best defender on last years squad. Last year since we couldn't score he actually may have had lesser value and role then on this one.

I hope Yesefu takes almost all of Brauns minutes, thought.[
Harris can’t play more than 10-12min because we are already small and can’t rebound very well. Mac isn’t as good a rebounder as he should be and we are small everywhere. Wilson gets some boards. Prob our only plus-rebounder

Braun struggled last year but Self is going to give him 30/game and you can count on that. He’s the new Morningstar
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:01 PM 07-03-2021
Harris can’t play more than 10-12min because we are already small and can’t rebound very well. Mac isn’t as good a rebounder as he should be and we are small everywhere. Wilson gets some boards. Prob our only plus-rebounder

Braun struggled last year but Self is going to give him 30/game and you can count on that. He’s the new Morningstar
Morningstar was way better than Braun...which says quite a bit.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:04 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Morningstar was way better than Braun...which says quite a bit.
Morningstar was a really good defender and I think he led the conference in 3P% in 2009.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:26 PM 07-03-2021

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Morningstar was a really good defender and I think he led the conference in 3P% in 2009.
He also sat a lot when the talented group came in later. As well he should have. So there is that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:33 PM 07-03-2021
Jalen Coleman Lands played against Georges Niang and Denzel Valentine while they were in college. If that gives you any idea how old this guy is.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:56 PM 07-03-2021
It’s hard to get too excited about final four or national title possibilities until seeing some teams in action. I expect a lot of solid teams when the dust settles after this free agency craziness.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:36 PM 07-03-2021
Offseason topic. Top 5 Favorite KU Players Ever.

Not the best, just your favorite players to watch. I’ll go first.

1. Nick Collison
2. Frank Mason
3. Jacque Vaughn
4. Raef Lafrentz
5. Mario Chalmers
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:48 PM 07-03-2021
Pitt St will player a tougher game against Kansas than MU will.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:09 PM 07-03-2021
We're gonna be loaded but holy moly so is Kentucky. Rumor is that Kofi Cockburn is going there. They could practically have three platoons
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:58 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Offseason topic. Top 5 Favorite KU Players Ever.

Not the best, just your favorite players to watch. I’ll go first.

1. Nick Collison
2. Frank Mason
3. Jacque Vaughn
4. Raef Lafrentz
5. Mario Chalmers
Man. 5 is tough.

1. Chalmers probably.
2. Aldrich.
3. TRob/Tyshawn Taylor
4. Mason
5. Heinrich/Boschee.

I’m open to the idea the 3 and 5 don’t work without the other.

The guy who belongs on probably only my list is Travis Releford. Defensively he was awesome. It was truly great to watch the dude work. I love me some Releford.

EDIT: Had to switch Vaughn for Mason. I cannot leave Mason off.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:25 PM 07-03-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
We're gonna be loaded but holy moly so is Kentucky. Rumor is that Kofi Cockburn is going there. They could practically have three platoons
Wouldn’t call them loaded yet, but they’re still chasing a few.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 352
< 1234 56781454104 > Last »
Up