ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>MPLS area F-ed again
displacedinMN 04:54 PM 04-12-2021
A Brooklyn Center police officer fatally shot 20-year-old Daunte Wright during a traffic stop Sunday afternoon, inflaming already raw tensions between police and community members in the midst of the Derek Chauvin trial.

Update:

Kimberly A. Potter, the former Minnesota police officer who was charged with manslaughter for fatally shooting 20-year-old Daunte Wright, is set to stand trial at the end of the year, a Minneapolis judge ruled Monday.

Hennepin County Judge Regina M. Chu said during a Monday virtual omnibus hearing that she found probable cause to support the charges against Potter and set a tentative trial date for Dec. 6.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:41 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
How about a security gig on the George Floyd square? Only graveyard shift is available and bullet proof vest is optional.
Gonna have to go with a hard no on that one as well.
[Reply]
banyon 09:49 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Not many Dem controlled cities that are not shitholes. Dem cities are the most violent in the United States.
Are there any major Republican voting cities?
[Reply]
eDave 09:52 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Isn't it ironic that this happens when the Floyd trial was turning.
No.
[Reply]
banyon 10:04 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Camaro:
Donít resist arrest.

Cop should get a pay raise. Fuck Minneapolis and their political bs.
A cop who canít tell her taser from her firearm should get a raise?
[Reply]
banyon 10:05 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
No.
It is like the Alanis Morrisette kind of ironic (not the actual ironic).
[Reply]
banyon 10:06 PM 04-12-2021
So I think the case that this lady was some kind of racist is much weaker than the Chauvin case (whatever the outcome).

The case that she was a total dumbass seems much stronger.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:07 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
So I think the case that this lady was some kind of racist is much weaker than the Chauvin case (whatever the outcome).

This isnít a race issue. Itís an idiot issue - both the Cop and Wright.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:07 PM 04-12-2021

Itís just easier to label someone a racist than a dumbass
[Reply]
eDave 10:11 PM 04-12-2021
It is like the Alanis Morrisette kind of ironic (not the actual ironic).
Logical Song - Supertramp

Give it a listen right now.
[Reply]
jackkked 10:11 PM 04-12-2021

How about that she was just doing her job under duress, especialy in that climate of times, things are hard to be on your A game.
[Reply]
banyon 10:17 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by jackkked:
How about that she was just doing her job under duress, especialy in that climate of times, things are hard to be on your A game.
Nah. Mistaking your taser for your firearm should not happen. Stress or no. Cops are under stress a lot. Do we really want an officer with that tendency out on patrol?
[Reply]
banyon 10:18 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
This isnít a race issue. Itís an idiot issue - both the Cop and Wright.
We are agreeing.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:23 PM 04-12-2021

Well to be fair, with the way cops have been treated in MPLS, one would have to be a dumbass to want to do the job these days.
[Reply]
stanleychief 10:50 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am sorry the kid died. The Cop made a career ending mistake but I believe it was truly a mistake.

That being said, why do we keep making victims out of people who fight\resist being arrested?

George Floyd and this kid, Michael Brown, etc., would all still be alive if they didn't try to fight the Cops.
Exactly this.
I don't discount the fact that racial profiling exists. I'm sure, in many places, it does.
I don't discount the fact that some cops are way too aggressive. Some are.
That still doesn't change the fact that nothing good ever happens from resisting arrest. Why put yourself at risk? The chances of getting away are slim, and the very best thing that can happen if caught, is having additional charges being added onto whatever you were being arrested for in the first place.
[Reply]
banyon 10:56 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by stanleychief:
Exactly this.
I don't discount the fact that racial profiling exists. I'm sure, in many places, it does.
I don't discount the fact that some cops are way too aggressive. Some are.
That still doesn't change the fact that nothing good ever happens from resisting arrest. Why put yourself at risk? The chances of getting away are slim, and the very best thing that can happen if caught, is having additional charges being added onto whatever you were being arrested for in the first place.
I think the point is we ought to be able to do better. Resisting arrest (while their fault) should not be a death sentence as frequently as it happens.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up