ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 45
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>MPLS area F-ed again
displacedinMN 04:54 PM 04-12-2021
A Brooklyn Center police officer fatally shot 20-year-old Daunte Wright during a traffic stop Sunday afternoon, inflaming already raw tensions between police and community members in the midst of the Derek Chauvin trial.

Update:

Kimberly A. Potter, the former Minnesota police officer who was charged with manslaughter for fatally shooting 20-year-old Daunte Wright, is set to stand trial at the end of the year, a Minneapolis judge ruled Monday.

Hennepin County Judge Regina M. Chu said during a Monday virtual omnibus hearing that she found probable cause to support the charges against Potter and set a tentative trial date for Dec. 6.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:01 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
You are right. Apples to Oranges. This guy stole a cop weapon, hit them with it, then stole a cop car.

A lot more serious. And not even a taser used. Really is weird, eh? I've been assured that failure to listen to police equals justified force.
she told him not to run 3x. and he ran.

she pulled the wrong weapon.


Loonguoria-please. run away from a cop.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:01 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I am not familiar enough with tasers to truly know the answer to this, but is it so similar to a 9mm in size, shape, and operation that she got confused? If not then there is really no heat of the moment argument unless she just blacked out or something as she should have had enough experience with both to know what she was using.
Plastic and metal do not feel nor weigh the same. And tasers are generally marked with a bright color, and have a wider nose because it has to be changed out. They do this on purpose so they know which weapon they have in your hand. It is by design to not look exactly like a gun.

Also, cops wear their sidearm on the dominant side of their body and their Taser on their non-dominant side.

In the video, she really does sound like she did mistakenly, but there is zero excuse for it.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:02 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
she told him not to run 3x. and he ran.

she pulled the wrong weapon.


Loonguoria-please. run away from a cop.
What does this have to do with the inconsistent use of force we witness again and again?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:08 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Dayze:
that's just property damage. not a real crime.
Just part of a peaceful protest.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:09 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
What does this have to do with the inconsistent use of force we witness again and again?
there is no such thing as consistant anything when you add in human behavior stress...pipe dream
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:09 AM 04-13-2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSHZCX7qIHY
[Reply]
vailpass 08:09 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Plastic and metal do not feel nor weigh the same. And tasers are generally marked with a bright color, and have a wider nose because it has to be changed out. They do this on purpose so they know which weapon they have in your hand. It is by design to not look exactly like a gun.

Also, cops wear their sidearm on the dominant side of their body and their Taser on their non-dominant side.

In the video, she really does sound like she did mistakenly, but there is zero excuse for it.
You think glocks are made of metal?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:10 AM 04-13-2021
I dont want people to die...but I want people to hold themselves accountable for their actions.

I know-still a pipe dream.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:11 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Just part of a peaceful protest.
I couldnít continue reading past that part. Itís just too much.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:20 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You think glocks are made of metal?
Just like the one's in his toy chest next to his cowboy outfit :-)
[Reply]
banyon 08:28 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
No, but Fort Worth is as reliably GOP as Dallas is DEM. It is far from alone.

Do you really think all these Red States have no large cities that vote GOP?

Come on man.

Attached: 0CFB9D52-D767-448C-A9FD-859AF068B9E9.jpg (48.8 KB) 
[Reply]
banyon 08:31 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
People want to defund police in the sense that want police to stop being the catch all for society's ills. Police shouldn't be called to handle homelessness, or a mental health issue, or a bunch of other things we just expect police to deal with.

In that sense, the goal is to redirect money to agencies that are suppose to handle those things so police departments can focus on actual police work. That would include having more time for training and de-escalation. Of course, actually having consequences for their actions would help police reform the most. Service workers shouldn't be better at de-escalation than police, but the service workers understands they can suffer consequences for bad behavior.
Donít most of these things happen at traffic stops or as they are responding to a call about criminal activity?
[Reply]
vailpass 08:36 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
People want to defund police in the sense that want police to stop being the catch all for society's ills. Police shouldn't be called to handle homelessness, or a mental health issue, or a bunch of other things we just expect police to deal with.

In that sense, the goal is to redirect money to agencies that are suppose to handle those things so police departments can focus on actual police work. That would include having more time for training and de-escalation. Of course, actually having consequences for their actions would help police reform the most. Service workers shouldn't be better at de-escalation than police, but the service workers understands they can suffer consequences for bad behavior.
There you go.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:37 AM 04-13-2021
LOONGORIA- SO Play this another way.

Pulled kid over. He has a warrant. He has already clearly show contempt for laws and police. Should they have let him go? Then what.

This is what we are headed for. No police. No personal resonsibility.
It is happening IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!! I dont want any of these scenarios except to not be afraid to drive out of garage and get car jacked. Yes. That is happening-and done by teenagers.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:47 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I am sorry the kid died. The Cop made a career ending mistake but I believe it was truly a mistake.

That being said, why do we keep making victims out of people who fight\resist being arrested?

George Floyd and this kid, Michael Brown, etc., would all still be alive if they didn't try to fight the Cops.
The kid had previously been arrested in charged with -

Running from police
Carrying an illegal firearm

He has a history of being stupid and this time it caught up to him. I feel bad for his family but not for him.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 45
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up