ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 43
« First < 323839404142 43 >
The Lounge>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 10:29 AM 02-17-2021
2021 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!


For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....

2020 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329273
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 PM 11-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Alright, you guys let us that don't follow as closely know about this lockout that is being planned to start Wednesday. Is this going to be a short lockout or a lengthy one?
Supposedly, expectations are an agreement by training camp or not to far into the regular start dates. The players want out before 6 years. The owners have the DH to offer.

The owners know they are not getting a salary cap. They almost killed baseball trying to get it in the 90’s.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:20 AM 11-29-2021

Max Scherzer and the Mets are finalizing $130M, 3-year deal. Minor details to go only.

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 29, 2021

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 11-29-2021
Jon Gray signing for 4/$56 is a risk I'd have been willing to take.

He's an awfully good complement to Matz. When both are healthy and productive they'd provide much different looks and Gray provides a nice floor given his health history and high-octane fastball.

At $14 million/season (in an environment where Scherzer is getting $43 million), I think that's a very justifiable risk.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:28 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Jon Gray signing for 4/$56 is a risk I'd have been willing to take.

He's an awfully good complement to Matz. When both are healthy and productive they'd provide much different looks and Gray provides a nice floor given his health history and high-octane fastball.

At $14 million/season (in an environment where Scherzer is getting $43 million), I think that's a very justifiable risk.
I totally agree.

If you gave me a choice of Gray for 4/$56M or Kevin Gausman for 5/$110M, it would have been Gray hands down for me.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:33 AM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Thats ridiculous.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:00 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Thats ridiculous.
They can afford it and it doesn't cost a comp pick. The owners can afford these contracts, they just don't admit it.
[Reply]
VAChief 12:04 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Thats ridiculous.
As soon as I saw the Mets were involved yesterday I immediately thought the butt hurt the owner had over the Matz signing might lend to him "tilting" on a deal with Scherzer.

I wanted him, but that is insane money. Even as durable as he has been, he is still 38, 39, 40 in the years of that contract.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:10 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Thats ridiculous.
Speaking of ridiculous……


Sources: Texas Rangers land star shortstop Corey Seager on 10-year, $325 million deal. The Rangers have committed $561 million over the last 24 hours to free agents, the biggest free-agent spending spree in MLB history.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:53 PM 11-29-2021
That Bryce Harper deal looking better and better for the Phillies.

I know we talked about here, but goddamn Mozeliak missed a chance there.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:00 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
They can afford it and it doesn't cost a comp pick. The owners can afford these contracts, they just don't admit it.
If we could afford to pay Carpenter, Miller, Fowler, and Cecil what we did for jack shit yea I guess so.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:03 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That Bryce Harper deal looking better and better for the Phillies.

I know we talked about here, but goddamn Mozeliak missed a chance there.
he’s got a long list of misses.

How’d your new manager do last year? Did he seem to learn from his mistakes with the Cardinals?
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:08 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he’s got a long list of misses.

How’d your new manager do last year? Did he seem to learn from his mistakes with the Cardinals?
Ouch, shots fired!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:21 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he’s got a long list of misses.

How’d your new manager do last year? Did he seem to learn from his mistakes with the Cardinals?
I will grudgingly admit Matheny was less of an epic disaster than I expected. He seems to have learned at least a smidge. But he’d still be out on his ass tomorrow if I was calling the shots.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:34 PM 11-29-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Cohen and the Mets are melting down about the Matz signing, all because they expected to be able to match the deal. Pretty hilarious stuff. Cohen just not putting together how his behavior could negatively impact his team's reputation and is encountering a rare problem in his life that money isn't solving.
update: False alarm.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 03:54 PM 11-30-2021
The Twitter world is suggesting the Cards are still hoping for one out of two from Story or Stroman. Story’s non-Coors lines are not worth bragging home about but still think that he’d be an upgrade over DeJong if the price is right.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 43
« First < 323839404142 43 >
Up