ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Amazon Prime Video
Pitt Gorilla 03:10 PM 04-10-2018
Not sure this deserves it's own thread, but damn, there is a lot of outstanding content on Amazon. I've had it for years and never really gave it a shot. The HBO and Funny or Die catalogues alone make it worth the while. The originals are simply value added. I've been watching:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Zach Morris is Trash

Things in my queue:

Man in the High Castle
The Tick
Sneaky Pete
Jack Ryan

Would like to re-watch:

Sopranos
Between Two Ferns
Justified
Parks and Rec

Anything you'd recommend from Prime Video? I feel like a kid in a candy shop (without the requisite time to actually enjoy all the candy...)
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:49 PM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Kind of hard to do that unless you can time travel to October 4th.

Goddamn it. I thought it had dropped. I (finally) watched the boys and in my suggestions it made it seem like it had dropped.
[Reply]
Bump 06:37 PM 09-17-2019
I'm liking Bosch, thanks for that recommendation.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:08 PM 10-05-2019
About halfway through the new season of Goliath and it's kind of nuts. I don't even know what I'm watching half the time.
[Reply]
scho63 11:01 AM 10-07-2019
Watched Season 3 of Sneaky Pete only to find out they won't' be a season 4.

Great show, one of the coolest I've seen in years. Sad to see only 3 years.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:21 AM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

Haven't watched that one yet. Looked kind of interesting, but I never started it. Might have to cross that bridge.
[Reply]
scho63 04:25 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Haven't watched that one yet. Looked kind of interesting, but I never started it. Might have to cross that bridge.
It is well worth it. Lot's of twists and turns that makes dramas so good.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:12 PM 10-07-2019

Well, that's too bad. Good show.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 06:16 AM 10-08-2019
It is well worth it. Lot's of twists and turns that makes dramas so good.
Started it last night. Got through first 3 episodes. Good show.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 06:56 AM 10-08-2019
Amazon Prime dropped support of my Panasonic Plasma TV. Wants me to buy a firestick or something. WTF?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:41 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
About halfway through the new season of Goliath and it's kind of nuts. I don't even know what I'm watching half the time.
Yeah. I don’t really resonate with psychedelic drug effects in movies and TV. It just doesn’t work for me.

Also the flashbacks were hard as hell to keep straight. And I literally have no idea how Janet showed up.

That being said, while there were real weaknesses, there was some pretty damn good television in there too.

Thornton is an incredible actor and he crushes the role. The way he’s able to switch between lawyer and burnout is really compelling work. And I laughed at virtually every quip he made. Especially “the fuck is this, gasoline?” Not sure why but his delivery tickled me.

The actress that played Patty did well too. I forgot how funny her smart as cracks were. I don’t really understand how the pregnancy fit in or what they were getting at. Other than needing it to be different from the other 2. But her character added a lot to the show.

Quaid did well per the usual.

The sister character was a little too far out there. So was their relationship. Some of the plot tension fell flat for me.

The crows daughter was a solid performance

There is a lot to like there even though they got kind of out there with some stuff.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:59 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Amazon Prime dropped support of my Panasonic Plasma TV. Wants me to buy a firestick or something. WTF?
They kind of thing happened on my PS3 where hbonow stopped being supported. Amazon fire sticks are cheap...wait till black Friday if you can it will be discounted
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:22 PM 10-15-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I read they are offering a pretty hefty discount for people with a discontinued device, $25 off.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:44 AM 10-18-2019
Watched the first half at work via Amazon Prime.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:40 AM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Watched the first half at work via Amazon Prime.
I switched to the UK announcers for a while which was way better than Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:06 PM 10-19-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I switched to the UK announcers for a while which was way better than Joe Buck and Troy Aikman.
I'm doing that next week. Buck and Aikman were stoned.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up