ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 335
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:04 PM 03-11-2015

Arya Stark's new look for this season of #GameOfThrones http://t.co/TMkuHtADPe pic.twitter.com/DQTIN4oXF5

— Nerd Reactor (@NerdReactor) March 11, 2015

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-11-2015

First official photos of Oberyn's bastard daughters. #SandSnakes pic.twitter.com/Cs3Vda7V0Y

— Jon Snow (@JonSnowBastrd) March 11, 2015

[Reply]
allen_kcCard 02:33 PM 03-11-2015
Left Bottom Top
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:04 PM 03-11-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Why? The TV show might get to the only resolution this story ever has.

Books and TV/movies are DIFFERENT MEDIUMS where DIFFERENT PEOPLE tell a similar story in their own way. You will be much happier in life if you stop sweating how Movie X completely screwed up Book Y (which it was based on) when it did whatever.

Who cares? If you love the book, read the book. if you love the movie, watch the movie. If you love both, read/watch both.
Who wouldn't want to see a book so well written come to life without all of Hollywood's bull crap tainting it? Everyone.
[Reply]
Hawk 10:28 AM 03-12-2015
Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant:

If book readers have not read it yet, I highly recommend reading the Mercy chapter for book 6 that was pre-released by GRRM. It is an Arya chapter, and a good one. It was released early in large part because one of her events from last season came from that chapter to some extent (dealing with Raff the Sweetling, the one who killed Lommy when they were captured and taken to Harrenhall).

Link: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerp...nds-of-winter/
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 10:41 AM 03-12-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
If book readers have not read it yet, I highly recommend reading the Mercy chapter for book 6 that was pre-released by GRRM. It is an Arya chapter, and a good one. It was released early in large part because one of her events from last season came from that chapter to some extent (dealing with Raff the Sweetling, the one who killed Lommy when they were captured and taken to Harrenhall).

Link: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerp...nds-of-winter/
"What the @#$^s a Lommy?"
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:01 PM 03-12-2015
Damn that dragon got big as fuck
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:47 PM 03-13-2015
Looks like HBO might be thinking that 7 isn't enough:

Originally Posted by :
HBO talks Game of Thrones future: More than 7 seasons wanted -- exclusive

All shows must die. But when, exactly, depends on who you ask

by James Hibberd • @JamesHibberd
EW.com
Posted March 11 2015 — 5:15 PM EDT

The epic series notorious for shocking deaths is starting to plan for its own inevitable demise.

Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have previously stated they’re hoping to conclude the show with seven seasons. A few months ago, HBO took a step toward reaching that mark by optioning the cast for another two rounds. “We see the light at the end of the tunnel,” Benioff says. “We still have a long way to go and things to figure out, but we definitely know where we’re heading and the major end-beats.”

But wait: Is HBO really prepared to commit to a 2017 end date for the most popular show in the company’s history?

Not exactly. Or rather: They prefer not to, but will if they must.

“This is the hard part of what we do,” sighs HBO programming president Michael Lombardo. “We started this journey with David and Dan. It’s their vision. Would I love the show to go 10 years as both a fan and a network executive? Absolutely.”

So if the producers prefer seven seasons and HBO prefers more, what happens? A conversation. Perhaps more than one. Like amicable spouses who avoid a sensitive area of disagreement, this issue is something HBO and the showrunners haven’t discussed thus far (“So about season seven–” / “Hey look, a dragon!”). “We’ll have an honest conversation that explores all possible avenues,” Lombardo says. “If they weren’t comfortable going beyond seven seasons, I trust them implicitly and trust that’s the right decision—as horrifying as that is to me. What I’m not going to do is have a show continue past where the creators believe where they feel they’ve finished with the story.”

And then there is that pesky movie idea. George R.R. Martin is among those who have lobbied for concluding the series with a feature film. It would mark a rare and risky TV-to-film leap, but Thrones plays like a movie already and has a huge and passionate global audience. The recent IMAX limited release of Game of Thrones generated an impressive $1.9 million at the box office for showing two repeats of the series in 205 theaters across Super Bowl weekend.

HBO isn’t keen on a Thrones film even if it’s a potential box office blockbuster, however, because the format switch could be construed as snubbing their loyal subscribers. (The showrunners won’t comment on the matter.) “Certainly there have been conversations where it’s been said, ‘Wouldn’t it be cool to do that?’” Lombardo said. “But when you start a series with our subscribers, the promise is that for your HBO fee that we’re going to take you to the end of this. I feel that on some level [a movie would be] changing the rules: Now you have to pay $16 to see how your show ends.”

Yet another possibility is that HBO might opt to extend Thrones with a spin-off. There have been no specific conversations on that front as of yet, though Martin has a development deal at the network. The author is currently writing the next book in his saga, although at this point he’s not expected to keep pace with the show. (Martin has two books remaining and no publication dates in sight.) Since the showrunners know Martin’s master story plan, they’re preparing to plow ahead into some new, unpublished narrative territory next year – assuming Martin doesn’t get The Winds of Winter out before next spring.

Perhaps the most likely outcome for the end of Thrones is having an extended, split-run seventh and final season — where more episodes are ordered than Thrones’ usual 10, but half air one year and half air the next. This would get HBO another “season” without having to renegotiate with the cast since all the episodes are technically part of the seventh round they’re already optioned for. AMC employed this strategy with the final seasons of Breaking Bad and Mad Men, but HBO used this technique first with the sixth and final season of The Sopranos, which consisted of 21 episodes instead of the usual 13. Additionally distributing the final two hours beyond HBO with some sort of theatrical run for fans who want to see it in the theater wouldn’t be surprising, either.

For now, the showrunners will only say that giving Thrones the strongest possible ending is their biggest priority. “We want to go out on our absolute highest note,” Weiss says. “We don’t want people to finally see the end and say, ‘Thank god that’s over.’” Adds Benioff: “We know basically how many hours are left in this story. We don’t want to add 10 hours to that. It’s about finding that sweet spot so it works for us and for HBO and, most of all, it works for the audience.”

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:22 PM 03-13-2015
Ill be pissed if they end it in a movie
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:25 PM 03-16-2015
I was finally able to finish the second book.

It was a bit of a pain at parts. I found myself skimming through Sansa and Catelyn's chapters near the end. Daenerys' chapters while in Qarth were damn near unreadable. So fucking boring..

But the overall story was still great and Id say it was a good read. I just picked up A Storm of Swords. My goal is to finish it before the new season airs.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:10 PM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

It was a bit of a pain at parts. I found myself skimming through Sansa and Catelyn's chapters near the end. Daenerys' chapters while in Qarth were damn near unreadable. So fucking boring..

But the overall story was still great and Id say it was a good read. I just picked up A Storm of Swords. My goal is to finish it before the new season airs.
You'll blow through Storm. Fantastic book.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:33 PM 03-16-2015

It was a bit of a pain at parts. I found myself skimming through Sansa and Catelyn's chapters near the end. Daenerys' chapters while in Qarth were damn near unreadable. So ****ing boring..

You'll fly through that book. No worries.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:40 PM 03-16-2015

It was a bit of a pain at parts. I found myself skimming through Sansa and Catelyn's chapters near the end. Daenerys' chapters while in Qarth were damn near unreadable. So ****ing boring..

you'll be clawing your eyes out as you go through Feast for Crows then :-)

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:34 PM 03-16-2015
I caught myself looking ahead and I'm not quite sure I'll be able to make it through an entire book that doesn't follow Jon Snow or Tyrion.

I found a method to read both books 4 and 5 simultaneously on some ASoFaI forum. It seems a bit complicated and I'm sure it'd be a pain in the ass but it may make the experience more enjoyable.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:41 PM 03-16-2015
I caught myself looking ahead and I'm not quite sure I'll be able to make it through an entire book that doesn't follow Jon Snow or Tyrion.

I found a method to read both books 4 and 5 simultaneously on some ASoFaI forum. It seems a bit complicated and I'm sure it'd be a pain in the ass but it may make the experience more enjoyable.
Book 3 is the best book. I read books 4 and 5 in a row. I saw those templates combining 4 and 5 into one huge read.

4 and 5 have parts that drag. Just describing people going through deep snow. No thanks.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 335
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up