ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 172
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:09 PM 12-01-2021
Finished season one of Gomorra on HBO last night. Holy shit, the show is ridiculously intense, the last 2 episodes of season one kept me from going to bed on time. Wanted to watch S2E1 but had to get up for work early. If you’re a fan of The Godfather, SoA, stuff like that it’s incredible so far.
[Reply]
Msmith 06:21 PM 12-01-2021
Did I miss the early discussion or has the "Squid Game" being discussed yet?
[Reply]
ijack 09:28 AM 12-03-2021
Mare of Easttown is a must
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:26 PM 12-10-2021
Hellbound on Netflix is legit.

Squid Games meets the Branch Dividians.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:55 PM 12-12-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Finished season one of Gomorra on HBO last night. Holy shit, the show is ridiculously intense, the last 2 episodes of season one kept me from going to bed on time. Wanted to watch S2E1 but had to get up for work early. If you’re a fan of The Godfather, SoA, stuff like that it’s incredible so far.
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I had never heard of this show until this post. And I looked it up and gave it a shot.

There is nothing better in this world than finding a show you’ve never watched that has four amazing seasons and makes its way into your top 10 immediately.

Just finished the first season. This is one of the darkest, most intense shows I’ve ever watched. I’ve been watching the dubbed version and it’s strikingly good.

So thrilled to have three more seasons at my disposal.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:20 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I had never heard of this show until this post. And I looked it up and gave it a shot.

There is nothing better in this world than finding a show you’ve never watched that has four amazing seasons and makes its way into your top 10 immediately.

Just finished the first season. This is one of the darkest, most intense shows I’ve ever watched. I’ve been watching the dubbed version and it’s strikingly good.

Glad you enjoyed it brotha!! It’s crazy, intense, and gritty!! One of the best Ive seen. We’re about half way through season two. We do the dubbed version as well.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:22 PM 12-13-2021
Originally Posted by ijack:
Mare of Easttown is a must
We really liked this one as well. I’d suggest Clickbait on Netflix next. Also The Killing if you e not seen it yet.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:52 PM 12-13-2021
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

3 episodes into season 3 and it’s fucking NUTS! Literally more intense every episode.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:02 PM 12-13-2021
We really liked this one as well. I’d suggest Clickbait on Netflix next. Also The Killing if you e not seen it yet.
Clickbait was good. I enjoyed that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:40 PM 12-13-2021
For light, pointless shit you can put on in the background while you're doing other things, Ghosts on HBO Max is pretty good.

I tried the CBS version and it's not as good (too Americanized -- loses the dry wit of the British version) but the BBC version is pretty solid and not anything you have to pay real close attention to.
[Reply]
unlurking 12:22 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
For light, pointless shit you can put on in the background while you're doing other things, Ghosts on HBO Max is pretty good.

I tried the CBS version and it's not as good (too Americanized -- loses the dry wit of the British version) but the BBC version is pretty solid and not anything you have to pay real close attention to.
The girl from iZombie stars in the American version. Both are good for light sitcom stuff.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 03:40 PM 12-16-2021
Glad you enjoyed it brotha!! It’s crazy, intense, and gritty!! One of the best Ive seen. We’re about half way through season two. We do the dubbed version as well.
where are you watching the dubbed version?
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:03 PM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
where are you watching the dubbed version?
HBO max
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:07 PM 12-17-2021
Oh. My. Fucking. God.

We just finished season 3. Idk if you’re there yet. But this was us at S3Ep12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:22 AM 12-18-2021
Finished season one of Gomorra on HBO last night.
Is there a way to have it in Italian with subtitles...the overdubs are like Squid Games.

I've tried twice to get through episode one....does it start ruff then get better?

You seem emphatic but I havent connected to it...acting felt stiff.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 172
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143 > Last »
Up