ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 32
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>If the Chiefs took WR Christian Watson at 30…
staylor26 02:01 PM 03-11-2022
How would you feel about that?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:52 AM 04-03-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Picking a wr in the first is not based on NEED. It’s based on VALUE. The value for de & dt is in the 2nd. Big drop off for wrs in the 2nd.

I don’t think any of us can say where the drop-off is going to be.

The guys that are clear first round values at WR and DE all may be gone by 29. At both positions you’re talking a “tier drop.” So then it just comes down to a team’s individual grade.

Honestly, the more I look at it the more I’m convinced that S is the only position that will be guaranteed to have a true 1st round value available at 29 and 30. So I fully expect one of Brisker or Hill to be a real possibility there.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:05 AM 04-03-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t think any of us can say where the drop-off is going to be.

The guys that are clear first round values at WR and DE all may be gone by 29. At both positions you’re talking a “tier drop.” So then it just comes down to a team’s individual grade.

Honestly, the more I look at it the more I’m convinced that S is the only position that will be guaranteed to have a true 1st round value available at 29 and 30. So I fully expect one of Brisker or Hill to be a real possibility there.
I'm way more on board with taking Hill now that we have a second first rounder.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:21 AM 04-03-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
You might get in trouble, but I’ll watch for you.
Just say you're Will Smith. You can walk onto any stage you want and start smacking people.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:28 PM 04-03-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm way more on board with taking Hill now that we have a second first rounder.
I think this kid has a chance to be special. You can line him up anywhere in a secondary and he would probably fare well. So versatile and smart, and the kid is not afraid to step up and tackle and is an effective blitzer. If the Chiefs end up adding a veteran at corner like Gilmore or Bradberry, Dax Hill would be a cherry on top of what all of a sudden becomes a talented and daunting secondary.
[Reply]
kcbubb 02:43 PM 04-03-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:

So you can take a guy like Watson and hope he reaches his potential, which very well could be in the stratosphere of Justin Jefferson and Jamaar Chase, or he could easily bust. You could otherwise take a guy like Tolbert who looks to be at least a Marvin Jones caliber #2 that could be Stefon Diggs if he gets even better. When it comes to WRs, I've tried to evaluate more on that athletic profile and haven't had much luck with it in recent times. At this point, I'm taking Tolbert 100 out of 100 times early. I'll save my hopes for guys like Gray or Melton to bust out as a 4th/5th round pick.
I think this explanation is the best rationale for our differences in approaching the draft. I want the boom guy. If he busts, so be it. I feel like we can find the Pringle types anytime in Fa or elsewhere. Burks might be the best compromise but his route running is a concern. I’m not as concerned about his speed even with the combine bc of his tape and the 22.6 mph on the field. I heard on nfl network that burks weight ballooned up to 240 lbs! That’s a concern also. We don’t need him having weight issues like kelvin benjamin.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:35 PM 04-03-2022
I think this explanation is the best rationale for our differences in approaching the draft. I want the boom guy. If he busts, so be it. I feel like we can find the Pringle types anytime in Fa or elsewhere. Burks might be the best compromise but his route running is a concern. I’m not as concerned about his speed even with the combine bc of his tape and the 22.6 mph on the field. I heard on nfl network that burks weight ballooned up to 240 lbs! That’s a concern also. We don’t need him having weight issues like kelvin benjamin.
I would rather have the guy who could be solid at minimum. Watson could be fantastic but he could be Jon Baldwin.
[Reply]
kcbubb 07:51 PM 04-03-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You sound like 2018 Brett Veach justifying the Breeland Speaks trade up
The ceiling after burks and jameson is lower except for Watson. The edge guys in the second, several of them have a high ceiling.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:53 PM 04-03-2022
The ceiling after burks and jameson is lower except for Watson. The edge guys in the second, several of them have a high ceiling.
I don't agree with the first half of this at all, but agree entirely with the second half.
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:03 PM 04-03-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I would rather have the guy who could be solid at minimum. Watson could be fantastic but he could be Jon Baldwin.
Why? And I’d say that Watson should be an mvs type at a minimum. But let’s stay on point, why the need to find a solid wr at a minimum? Can’t we find solid wrs in free agency cheap considering our oline and qb? This is a good time to take a risk and go for the high ceiling wr. Can’t fountain be solid? And what if we hit on a stud wr like jefferson? With these extra picks and cap savings, we should be Super Bowl bound if we happen to draft a jefferson type player in the draft. Come on guys. Let’s go for a stud wr and take some risk. Let fountain be your hope for solid contributor. Why the push to play it safe? Sounds like the old argument for not drafting a qb in the 1st? It’s safer!

Daurice Fountain

Measurable Measurement %tile
Height 6' 1½"* 60
Weight 206 lbs* 61
10 Yard Split 1.65s* 4
20 Yard Split 2.6s* 49
40 Yard Dash 4.51s* 52
Vertical Jump 42½"* 98
Broad Jump 134"* 97
3-Cone Drill 7.02s* 39
20 Yard Shuttle 4.29s* 33
Bench Press 14 reps* 46
[Reply]
kcbubb 08:04 PM 04-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't agree with the first half of this at all, but agree entirely with the second half.
Are you talking about Austin? Maybe pierce?
[Reply]
emaw1979 01:02 AM 04-05-2022
He's my favorite WR in the draft due to Williams' injury and availability.

Chris Simms has a recent podcast discussion about his top 5 WRs in the draft and gushes about him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:41 AM 04-05-2022
Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson reports Nebraska WR Samori Toure is drawing "heavy interest" from the Chiefs, Bengals, Packers, Colts, and 49ers.

A rising wideout prospect as the NFL Draft draws near, Toure -- who set a Cornhuskers record with five 100-yard receiving games in 2021 -- could be a sought-after player for receiver-needy teams like the Chiefs and Packers, who last month lost Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams, respectively. Toure in 2021 had the second highest yards per reception (19.5) in Nebraska history thanks to a host of big downfield plays in the Cornhuskers offense. His four catch, 150 yard, one touchdown performance against Ohio State in November drew national attention. He transferred to Nebraska from Montana, where he caught 155 passes for 2,488 yards and 20 touchdowns over three years. Toure would have immediate fantasy intrigue if he were to land in Kansas City of Green Bay.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:59 AM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson reports Nebraska WR Samori Toure is drawing "heavy interest" from the Chiefs, Bengals, Packers, Colts, and 49ers.

A rising wideout prospect as the NFL Draft draws near, Toure -- who set a Cornhuskers record with five 100-yard receiving games in 2021 -- could be a sought-after player for receiver-needy teams like the Chiefs and Packers, who last month lost Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams, respectively. Toure in 2021 had the second highest yards per reception (19.5) in Nebraska history thanks to a host of big downfield plays in the Cornhuskers offense. His four catch, 150 yard, one touchdown performance against Ohio State in November drew national attention. He transferred to Nebraska from Montana, where he caught 155 passes for 2,488 yards and 20 touchdowns over three years. Toure would have immediate fantasy intrigue if he were to land in Kansas City of Green Bay.
He would be a great 7th round pick. In fact there are several Huskers who would be nice additions to our team.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:17 AM 04-05-2022

If he had speed he would be a great NFL WR. Very good college WR just don't think he's fast enough at the next level
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:23 AM 04-05-2022

I presume he's another guy we wouldn't have a problem taking in the first round?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 32
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up