« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:33 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mahomes spent more time pumping Justin Watson's tires than Skyy Moore's...

Good point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:34 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
That’s exactly where guys like like should be taken.
No, that's where guys with polish OR elite tools should be taken. Guys with both should be taken in the first.

Guys with neither are 3rd rounders or later.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:36 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They did the opposite with Mecole Hardman - big school, athletic freak, limited repertoire as a WR - and until this year, people were actually wishing the team would cut him.

Maybe it's a Chiefs thing and not a player thing. :-)
And nobody knows if Pickens character concerns would have shown up here already if he wasn’t able to pick up the offense and get on the field as fast as he has in Pittsburgh.

Or if his character concerns played a part in the team trading Claypool.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:36 PM 11-16-2022
and until this year, people were actually wishing the team would cut him.
And every year i said those people were dumb. Hardman has always had a special skill set and the Chiefs utilized it.

I'm not saying you're trying to compare the two here, but there is no comparison to be had between Hardman and Moore's rookie years. That ship has sailed.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:37 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’m pretty sure we didn’t hear those things about Moore in training camp but I could be mistaken.
We didn't. Sorry i shoulda clarified, they're saying those things about Toney and we never heard a peep like that about Moore.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:38 PM 11-16-2022
:-)

Did you forget where you are?
Maybe a little bit.

And I get it. I had Sam Williams in about every mock I ran this last offseason.

I just think we need to be patient and see how things play out more than a couple months on the debate between Pickens snd Skyy because (at least in my eyes) it’s not as clear cut as DK/Hardman.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:40 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
I'm just thinking the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. Small school kid, first year....Toney big school and I know he had injury issues but dude is fast with nfl experience and 2 off-seasons. Hoping that's all and Moore will start having a positive impact
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
SEC is far superior in that regards. You play in the SEC you are facing future pros every game.
One of the top arguments for him at the time was that we was a savvy, polished route runner.

We're at the point now where people are saying "his thing" really isn't "his thing".
[Reply]
BossChief 12:40 PM 11-16-2022
No, that's where guys with polish OR elite tools should be taken. Guys with both should be taken in the first.

Guys with neither are 3rd rounders or later.
Guys that only dropped 4 passes in 3 years?
Guys with elite level combine timing for short area stuff this offense requires?
Guys that break tackles like crazy and have RB skills?

Those kinds of guys?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:42 PM 11-16-2022
Both sides are technically correct.

Moore hasn't met expectations.

It's way too early to declare anything about him.

Both can be, and are, true.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:44 PM 11-16-2022

I just think we need to be patient and see how things play out more than a couple months on the debate between Pickens snd Skyy because (at least in my eyes) it’s not as clear cut as DK/Hardman.
Immediate returns are always better than not. Always. That's not even debatable.

Now that doesn't mean Skyy CAN'T develop, but in terms of their development, Pickens and so forth are further ahead, therefore their outlook is going to be greater.

The Steelers will be going into next season building upon what Pickens has already done. They know what they have at the very least. That's the benefit of a player producing in his 1st year.

The Chiefs will be going into next season and we still won't have any idea if Moore is going to see the field much or not.

So no, the fact that he can't get on the field is ALREADY a loss when trying to compare him to others in his class.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:45 PM 11-16-2022
Guys that only dropped 4 passes in 3 years?
Guys with elite level combine timing for short area stuff this offense requires?
Guys that break tackles like crazy and have RB skills?

Those kinds of guys?
One trait - one.

He had a great 10 yard split. Meanwhile his 3-come time was ass and his shuttle only nominally better.

Y'all spent so much time convincing yourselves of things that simply weren't true and now you're left undercutting your own argument. The fact that he was a small school kid is the ONLY reason he was dusting DBs on quick hitters and breaking tackles.

Suddenly quality of competition is an excuse for him when it wasn't being considered by many of you at ALL when he was being touted pre-draft. Hell, you're ignoring it even now when it suits your purposes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:46 PM 11-16-2022
One trait - one.

He had a great 10 yard split. Meanwhile his 3-come time was ass and his shuttle only nominally better.

Y'all spent so much time convincing yourselves of things that simply weren't so that you're left undercutting your own argument. The fact that he was a small school kid is the ONLY reason he was dusting DBs on quick hitters and breaking tackles.

Suddenly quality of competition is an excuse for him when it wasn't being considered by many of you at ALL when he was being touted pre-draft.

[Reply]

BossChief 12:49 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
One of the top arguments for him at the time was that we was a savvy, polished route runner.

We're at the point now where people are saying "his thing" really isn't "his thing".
I don’t think that’s fair.

In his second and third year in college, he ran super precise routes in a simple offense.

This offense at this level requires far more precise ability to not only run routes, but to change your route, cut it more shallow, adjust the flex to go more upfield, etc.

Stuff Skyy never saw in college.

He’s out there thinking a lot and not playing fast or crisp…but I think that will come in time.

I’ll never understand them putting so much on his plate early on by being the primary punt returner and learning every WR position snd all the nuances that come with it.

I’m just glad they pulled the plug on that so the kid can focus
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:53 PM 11-16-2022
I don’t think that’s fair.

In his second and third year in college, he ran super precise routes in a simple offense.

This offense at this level requires far more precise ability to not only run routes, but to change your route, cut it more shallow, adjust the flex to go more upfield, etc.

Stuff Skyy never saw in college.

He’s out there thinking a lot and not playing fast or crisp…but I think that will come in time.

I’ll never understand them putting so much on his plate early on by being the primary punt returner and learning every WR position snd all the nuances that come with it.

I’m just glad they pulled the plug on that so the kid can focus
And that. Is why. You don't. Take him. In the 2nd round.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:55 PM 11-16-2022
And that. Is why. You don't. Take him. In the 2nd round.
I think we are both arguing from a place of confirmation bias.

If Skyy finishes this year strong and gives us a solid slot option the next 3 years, a mid 2 is a perfect utilization of resources and will earn a sizable second contract.
[Reply]
Page 131 of 280
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Up