ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 86
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:22 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I get the guy is a physical specimen but, I may be totally wrong here, but playing WR in the Andy Reidcoast Offense requires its receivers to adapt their routes pre-snap based on defensive coverage?

Hasn't that aspect of the Chiefs offense required some time for players to adjust to?
Pretty sure they won't wait until he knows 70% of the playbook. That would take too long. Instead, (just WAG-ing here) I think they'll install 6-9 plays for him, all of which will be standard type routes, no options. Maybe one of two option plays, but that's it. If, and that's a big 'if,' JG plays well and seems to be progressing well, Andy will slowly add plays to his mini playbook. By season's end though I doubt he'll play more than 20 snaps/game, because he won't know enough of the playbook.

But what he should be able to pick up quickly is the improv type of plays. He's got the experience for that. If he can give the Chiefs about 90% of Sammy's improv abilities it should be worth it.
[Reply]
TEX 03:22 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Trade for Cooks
Can't afford it. He makes $12.5 MIL. But it would be good if it could happen.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:23 PM 09-27-2021
We straight up fucked up the draft at WR.

The last 3 drafts we've been in position to draft DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, Tee Higgins and Terrace Marshall.

What we have to show for those picks is Hardman, Thornhill, Helaire and Bolton.
[Reply]
rukiddingme 03:25 PM 09-27-2021
Just put him on the field and let him run clear out routes. Work Tyreek underneath and let him go YAC on people. If they keep doubling Tyreek, throw it deep to Flash. Profit.

Should be that easy, right?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:25 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by whats good:
i remember everyone was hyped about Le'veon Bell signing with the chiefs.....

LOL
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If he has the impact Antonio Brown had on TB it's going to be massive for our offense
RBs and WRs have fundamentally different roles, with different dependencies.

A RB on a shittty blocking team, even if a really good RB, doesn't help a lot because they still have to run through big burly men to produce.

A WR has to get open and catch, and everything in the modern rulebook facilitates that. They aren't dependent on how good the lines are or the defense, or anything other than their skill and their connection with the QB.
[Reply]
TEX 03:25 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
We straight up ****ed up the draft at WR.

The last 3 drafts we've been in position to draft DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, Tee Higgins and Terrace Marshall.

What we have to show for those picks is Hardman, Thornhill, Helaire and Bolton.
I was SCREAMING at the TV for Higgens 2 years ago. :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:27 PM 09-27-2021
Seattle seemed interested

@gbellseattle: GM John Schneider on #Seahawks radio pregame show asked about team possible re-signing Josh Gordon: "Obviously, he's somebody who's great in Seattle."

Says after his reinstatement becomes official "we'd like to get rollin' with him."
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:27 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Can't afford it. He makes $12.5 MIL. But it would be good if it could happen.
Damn didn't realize he made alot
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:28 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
P

Until the team absolutely needs me the most, then I will get suspended or quit.
Oh no, he’ll take the roster spot of Fountain whom we’ll never need!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:28 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by dtrain:
I'm not sure why people are calling this a desperation move I've read a lot of posts stating we need a number 2 receiver. Veach tried to sign several receivers in the off season to be number 2. As so many have put it this is a low cost high reward signing.
He's basically a cheaper Sammy Watkins. Valuable when on the field but could disappear for many games at a minutes notice. I don't see any harm in the signing.

Meantime, maybe puts some urgency in the Chiefs developing a young WR. Hardman and Robinson have a role in this offense. But Kemp and Pringle ain't it. If Cornell powell isn't next in line they need to keep rotating bodies until they find one. Feel like Sunday was a last look at Pringle and he didn't pass the test.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 03:28 PM 09-27-2021
How does this dude keep getting chances?

I'm not expecting a damn thing. I was burned last year by Le'veon Bell and my heart needs time to heal.
[Reply]
493rd 03:33 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Then why did you list reasons that it should work out? Hill and Kelce take the coverage, and this guy gets balls.
If that’s the way you see it, cool. Josh Gordon hasn’t been relevant in 8 years.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:33 PM 09-27-2021
I guess there's some added risk that he actually does produce right away, the Chiefs say holy shit, we've fixed the problem! ...and then he runs into more problems before they really need him, and they can't trade for option B at that point.

But, that assumes there are other decent options out there to choose from and they would actually pull the trigger on those options.... or else, meh, guess we'll see.
[Reply]
bricks 03:35 PM 09-27-2021
Mr. Josh Gordon if you could do what Eddie Kennison did here in Kansas City; you’re good in my books.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:36 PM 09-27-2021

Per Schefter, Josh Gordon had multiple teams contact him about potentially signing. The Chiefs were reportedly attractive because he sees it as a long-term stop. Gordon turned 30 in April.

— Jordan Dajani (@JordanDajani) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
Page 16 of 86
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up