ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 315
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:36 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
no feelings hurt here
LET'S DEAL!!!

COUNTER ME!!!
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:38 AM 03-04-2019
Pick 221 is up for trade for the right offer
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
He’s getting an extra 2 hours because of these non dedicateds.....

Either of you two want to trade back a spot instead of snatching the guy I want?
Pft.

Puppies give zero fucks if you stayed up late. When 7 o'clock rolls around, it's time to get your ass out of bed...
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:23 AM 03-04-2019
I swear DJ if you snipe my pick again I’m gonna go all Liam Neeson on ur ass!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 03-04-2019
There, I'm pretty sure I didn't draft your guy.

Jayon Brown, ILB - TN

But he's a friggen letter perfect Will linebacker in my system. Great in coverage with some developing and functional pass-rushing skills. He doesn't have the pedigree I'd like and that kind of thing means a breakout could be fools gold. It also makes teams oddly willing to cut bait or bury guys who are otherwise extremely productive (which makes no sense to me but I'm not a GM).

Just another complementary part in a defense that's come together pretty much exactly how I wanted it to. But I can't imagine that pick upset too many people...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:27 AM 03-04-2019
I mean would you take a look at this versatile MFer right here....

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/11...-at-linebacker

Scout's draft, gentlemen. And I'm just better at it that y'all...
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:33 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean would you take a look at this versatile MFer right here....

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/11...-at-linebacker

Scout's draft, gentlemen. And I'm just better at it that y'all...
I couldnt believe how long he lasted.
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:38 AM 03-04-2019
Lol I don’t know why I was worried about you going offense
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 03-04-2019
I couldnt believe how long he lasted.
I was really worried you'd grab him. I knew you had Van Noy and Edmunds but you could've made a pretty seamless transition on the fly to a 3-4 if you chose to go that route and been pretty damn versatile.

He was the clear #1 on my board as far back as pick 175 when you took Byard. I took Hooker with my next pick as a pure gamble thinking that Brown would stay under the radar and I could have both whereas had I gone with Brown first, I'd lose Hooker.

But if I could've only had one of them, I'd have rather had Brown.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:45 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I was really worried you'd grab him. I knew you had Van Noy and Edmunds but you could've made a pretty seamless transition on the fly to a 3-4 if you chose to go that route and been pretty damn versatile.

He was the clear #1 on my board as far back as pick 175 when you took Byard. I took Hooker with my next pick as a pure gamble thinking that Brown would stay under the radar and I could have both whereas had I gone with Brown first, I'd lose Hooker.

But if I could've only had one of them, I'd have rather had Brown.
it really came down to his position designation on sandbox. I wanted to play a 4-3 and didnt want him to be penalized too much playing "out of position"
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:54 AM 03-04-2019
How do these penalties work? What happens if I play a FS at SS? Does it degrade their play to the point it’s not worth it?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:55 AM 03-04-2019
it really came down to his position designation on sandbox. I wanted to play a 4-3 and didnt want him to be penalized too much playing "out of position"
Yeah, that concerned me a bit as well but my memory is that Rainman and CD have sorta given a 'use your common sense' sort of rule where if you think a guy can probably do that job credibly, the penalty isn't gonna be as severe as you might think.

And for whatever penalty I suffer, I can make up for it a bit by getting him at a 'discount' over what the OLB 'tier 2' price would be as a tier 3 ILB.

So I took a shot figuring that worst case scenario there are gonna be some 3-4 teams that could really use him and I could eventually put a deal together. The ILB position looks to be a little iffy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:01 AM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
How do these penalties work? What happens if I play a FS at SS? Does it degrade their play to the point it’s not worth it?
Here's the 'official position'

Originally Posted by :
The other limitation is on playing players out of their natural position. When you select a position for your depth chart, you will be given a popup list of every player who is eligible for that position. It's generally limited to players who could possibly outperform a street free agent at the position. However, that's not a guarantee. The bottom line is that you can't put every player on your roster in every position. It has to be a situation that could possibly make sense. There will be no quarterbacks at nose tackle, for example, even if it's that 300-pound quarterback that the Giants had a few years back.
I had neglected to consider the possibility that Sandbox simply wouldn't allow Brown to be selectable at OLB, but that would be kinda ridiculous. 3-4 ILBs are effectively 4-3 OLBs in most ways. The software can't treat a 4-3 OLB the same as a 3-4 OLB; they're completely different animals yet largely indistinguishable as position groups on Sandbox.

For instance, DoD is listed as an ILB and he couldn't be further from one. I guess we'll see.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:07 AM 03-04-2019
trying to trade into the 220s

got 250+ ??? to offer
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:16 AM 03-04-2019
When it comes to playing a player out of position, the general rule here is 'football common sense'. The software recognizes that putting a C at G isn't a huge stretch, but putting a CB at OLB wouldn't work well (as a couple of examples).
[Reply]
Page 69 of 315
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up