ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 173
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:17 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I have a serious weakness for redheads, so may be biased, but I love her.
Yeah, the Kiwi is off on this one. Kimmy is a great character. The show is one of the best-written comedies on 'air' at present, and Ellie is great a playing her.

Ellie/Kimmy might be too 'perky' to want to be friends with IRL, but in a sitcom she's utilized well.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:23 PM 05-21-2017
kiwi? :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:54 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
kiwi? :-):-):-)
I did that to tweak you. :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:46 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I did that to tweak you. :-)
fuggin' yank's :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:57 PM 05-21-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
fuggin' yank's :-)
yank? :-):-):-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:13 PM 05-21-2017
Introduced my brother and his wife to a hilarious Aussie comedy. It's two seasons.

A Moody Christmas:

Season 2 (Hidden for season 1 spoilers) :-)

Spoiler!

It's on Netflix here, just not sure about the American streams.

it's easily an 8/10 :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:04 AM 05-26-2017

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:28 PM 05-26-2017
OMFG - I'll let the smart people of CP figure out the umpteen million ways this is hilarious.
Attached: Parnell - Davis.jpg (50.8 KB) 
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:54 PM 05-26-2017
I thought you watched some of Turn but didn't like it?

Hell on Wheels I didn't see and we both loved it. Netflix has now. So you can binge watch. Opening scene really hooked me to continue.

Just did Season 2 of The Last Kingdom, but it's hard to understand one time through with the British accents and it can be a bit confusing. Looking up some history, looking at some maps, and looking up a few terms from the era, then watching it through a 2nd time, I found it really enjoyable. I would have labled it mediocre unless I did all that.

Noticed you watched The Americans. I love that one. I watch it each season.

I love The Big Bang Theory too, but miss it too much.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:31 AM 05-27-2017
Anyone watch Love on Netflix? Passed it over many times because it looks like just another romcom (and don't get me wrong, it totally is), but got bored one day and put it on for some background noise. I love Gillian Jacobs from Community and it was actually much better than I thought. The male role is the stereotypical nerd which I found mostly boring (not as bad as Biggs in Orange), but Gillian is hilarious.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:34 AM 05-27-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Anyone watch Love on Netflix?
The nerd character is played by Paul Rust, and is a big reason why I haven't watched. I don't dislike him, but I feel bad because I don't find him as hilarious as many people who I like a great deal do.

He's a favorite of the Earwolf/UCB/Meltdown crowd, and he recurs a great deal on CBB. Aukerman clearly loves the guy. But when he's on the podcast, everyone is laughing their ass off, and I just can't get as amused as the people on the podcast are. It's almost like they're charmed at how unfocused and deliberately unfunny he is.

One of his signature bits is making fun of Maher's New Rules with stupid anti-rules with New No Nos.

[Reply]
unlurking 08:53 AM 05-27-2017
I get absolutely zero of those reference. I recognize Maher, but absolutely hate him. I'm assuming "New Rules" is a bit on his show? Don't do podcasts (except the occasional hardcore history).
[Reply]
Nickhead 02:33 AM 05-28-2017
Angry Boys (Aussie 2011-12) twelve half hour episodes.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sully1983 08:07 AM 05-28-2017
I dig Narcos on Netflix. About the hunt for Pablo Escobar .
[Reply]
Frazod 06:21 PM 05-28-2017
Just finished watching the second season of Dark Matter on Netflix. Although it's very derivative of lots of other stuff (Alien crew meets Firefly with amnesia with little bits of Star Trek thrown in and a Mass Effect sounding score), I really enjoy it. Good cast, solid production and a couple of serious babes.

Season 3 starts on scifi next month. Got it programmed on the DVR. :-)
[Reply]
Page 30 of 173
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up