ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 171
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:58 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
I might have to check it out. I kinda instinctively shy away from netflix/amazon/hulu series. Seems like they would be B or C quality compared to major networks. Maybe its time I give some a chance.
Nah, I think if anything the internet pay channel original programming had a leg up on major networks in terms of being hunger to build an audience and having less creative interference/censorship.

Certainly stuff on Amazon and Hulu is better than NBC/ABC. Basic cable only has FX and AMC outperforming them, and sure HBO and Showtime are still generally cream of the crop. But there's plenty of stuff on the streaming services that's among the best stuff out there.

Fargo, OITNB, BoJack Horseman, Stranger Things, Kimmy Schmidt, etc.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:50 PM 03-15-2017
So i've broken down and finally started watching Shameless. 2 episodes in and I've not laughed that hard in awhile. Absolutely hilarious show, however it's a little sketchy at points so don't watch it with your children in the same zipcode as you.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:35 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
So i've broken down and finally started watching Shameless. 2 episodes in and I've not laughed that hard in awhile. Absolutely hilarious show, however it's a little sketchy at points so don't watch it with your children in the same zipcode as you.
Heh. I've been wondering if I should check it out. Buddy of mine said, it just sets out to offend everybody and does a great job LOL
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:48 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
can only describe it as six shades of wrong. just when you think they would not do something, they pole vault over that idea into something even more unthinkable :-)

i'd say my favorite character is Kev!
[Reply]
Nixhex 10:00 AM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
can only describe it as six shades of wrong. just when you think they would not do something, they pole vault over that idea into something even more unthinkable :-)

i'd say my favorite character is Kev!
Exactly. Just when you think it can't get anymore crazy it does. I would say my favorite character is Carl.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:00 PM 03-18-2017
Live pd.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:59 PM 03-27-2017
I'm three episode into The Santa Clarita Diet. I'd never even looked at it before because the title sounded like some chick thang. someway I read the synopsis last week and I was like wuuuuuut! Drew Barrymore as a Realtor zombie.....OK I'll watch one episode.

I laughed my ass off! Timothy Olyphant co-stars. this is some surprisingly funny shizzle man!
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:10 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Nah, I think if anything the internet pay channel original programming had a leg up on major networks in terms of being hunger to build an audience and having less creative interference/censorship.

Certainly stuff on Amazon and Hulu is better than NBC/ABC. Basic cable only has FX and AMC outperforming them, and sure HBO and Showtime are still generally cream of the crop. But there's plenty of stuff on the streaming services that's among the best stuff out there.

Fargo, OITNB, BoJack Horseman, Stranger Things, Kimmy Schmidt, etc.
Would love to watch the 1st 2 seasons of Fargo again before new one comes out. Don't believe it's on Netflix tho.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:19 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Would love to watch the 1st 2 seasons of Fargo again before new one comes out. Don't believe it's on Netflix tho.
season one is on netflix, i had to outsource season two. not sure of american netflix tho.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:33 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I've still got both on my dvr. Have never seen more than the first fifteen minutes. I probably need to watch them
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:34 PM 03-27-2017
I think FX is replaying season 2 leading into season 3, starting later this week.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:11 PM 03-31-2017
new season of the trailer park boys on netflix :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:33 AM 04-05-2017

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:36 AM 04-05-2017
Been watching the first season of The Missing, on Amazon. It's a bit of a slow burn, but really good. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to understand everything they say as the cast is British/Scottish/French?? Good story, and tension. Would definitely recommend.

[Reply]
Buehler445 06:45 AM 04-05-2017
I had to stop watching Gotham. I'm about halfway through season 2 and it's not TERRIBLE but it isn't good.

Iron Fist was OK. Certainly worth a watch, especially if you are into that arc, but it is definitely a step below Daredevel and Jessica Jones, and not nearly as well acted as Luke Cage.

I watched the first episode of Magicians. ....It's....out there. Anybody watching it? Should I netflix the rest of it?
[Reply]
Page 26 of 171
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up