ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 134 of 173
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:42 AM 02-28-2023
I'm enjoying The Last of Us and Poker face rn
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:29 AM 03-02-2023
Let's gooooo

[Reply]
Hydrae 11:52 AM 03-02-2023
Has anyone watched the Murdoch Mysteries on Hulu? I am only 4 episodes in but find it enjoyable. There are 13 (I have seen mention of up to 15) season so I have a long way to go!
[Reply]
luv 03:12 PM 03-02-2023
Haven't watched Yellowstone yet, but watched 1883, and currently watching 1923.

Other current watches:
The Last of Us
Vikings: Valhalla

Looking forward to new seasons of:
House of the Dragon
The Rings of Power
Lego Masters.

Oh, and I also enjoy all "The __________ That Made America" series.

Any opinions on Only Murders in the Building?
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:10 PM 03-02-2023
Originally Posted by luv:
The wife and I rather enjoy it. Heard it's done either now or after the next season, though.
[Reply]
luv 09:35 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The wife and I rather enjoy it. Heard it's done either now or after the next season, though.
It'll be something that I'll probably watch alone. Hubby doesn't like murder mystery shows where everything gets wrapped up nice and neat in one episode.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:03 AM 03-03-2023
It'll be something that I'll probably watch alone. Hubby doesn't like murder mystery shows where everything gets wrapped up nice and neat in one episode.
I watch a ton of those types of shows. Some of my favorite shows of all time are like Law and Order SVU.

I do absolutely love mysteries that span multiple episodes but I also like to intersperse shows that are cleaner.

The show I mentioned a couple of days ago - The Good Cop - is a show where each episode is a new mystery/crime and they wrap it up by the end of the episode.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 11:56 AM 03-04-2023
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Has anyone watched the Murdoch Mysteries on Hulu? I am only 4 episodes in but find it enjoyable. There are 13 (I have seen mention of up to 15) season so I have a long way to go!
I've watched all that they have on Hulu. It is enjoyable stuff, not terribly demanding. Likable characters. I check every once in awhile to see if they've added any seasons.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 11:59 AM 03-04-2023
I have enjoyed Shrinking on Apple TV+. It has Harrison Ford.

All the characters are pretty likable, ala Ted Lasso.
[Reply]
kevrunner 01:19 PM 03-04-2023
I just finished binging Mr. Inbetween on Hulu, not sure if this show was discussed in the thread, I did a search and didn’t find any previous recommendations. I didn’t think I was going to like this series but it has ended up as one of my all time favorites.

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:04 PM 03-04-2023
Haven't watched Yellowstone yet, but watched 1883, and currently watching 1923.

Other current watches:
The Last of Us
Vikings: Valhalla

Looking forward to new seasons of:
House of the Dragon
The Rings of Power
Lego Masters.

Oh, and I also enjoy all "The __________ That Made America" series.

Did you watch Vikings first? Man I love that show. Haven’t gotten around to Valhalla yet, but have heard it’s not nearly as good as Vikings.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:35 AM 03-06-2023
Finally watched the second season of White Lotus. It was as good as the first IMO. Not new and fresh like the original one, but that's because the original exists. There is some world class cinematography in that bitch. My god it's good. And the storytelling is really really superb. It's really a pretty simple story, but I was all in on all the characters.

For a bit I was concerned it would be one of those shows that was overwhelmed by perpetual unhappiness, but they pulled out some interesting conclusions out of the thing.

I don't know WTF voodoo magic Mike White is on, but he is motherfucking killing it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:12 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I just finished binging Mr. Inbetween on Hulu, not sure if this show was discussed in the thread, I did a search and didn’t find any previous recommendations. I didn’t think I was going to like this series but it has ended up as one of my all time favorites.

Seconded - good show
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:15 PM 03-06-2023
Just saw an ad for a new show on AMC called Lucky Hank with Bob Odenkirk.

https://www.google.com/search?q=luck...obile&ie=UTF-8
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:18 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by kevrunner:

Started watching it a few nights ago. It was a quick watch for the first season considering there was only 6 episodes that were 30 minutes long. It is good and we started on the second season tonight.
[Reply]
Page 134 of 173
« First < 3484124130131132133134 135136137138144 > Last »
Up