ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What do we do at DE?
I actually think we're fine at the position. Jones will rotate to DE more. 15 18.99%
You're sleeping on a DE already on our roster who will become our DE2. 6 7.59%
Melvin Ingram! 33 41.77%
Justin Houston! 10 12.66%
Ryan Kerrigan! 5 6.33%
Everson Griffen! 0 0%
Ezekiel Ansah! 0 0%
I bet we trade for someone. 1 1.27%
I think we're just going to roll into the season with what we got but snag someone who gets Suggs'd midseason. 17 21.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you think we going to fix DE?
Direckshun 01:47 PM 05-03-2021
One thing I learned after the pile-on I suffered in the draft forum recently is that, in lieu of the outstanding job Veach has done rebuilding the OL, we've all kind of downplayed the severity of the situation at DE.

Frank Clark is the only clearly starting DE on the roster.

If he gets hurt, which he will because he always does, our starting DEs will probably be Mike Danna and Taco Charlton, with Tim Ward and Joshua Kaindoh rotating in.

That's just not going to get it done, folks.

I'm going to lay out some options that I can foresee, let me know what you think is most likely.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:48 PM 05-03-2021
Don’t ever doubt Veach. He always has a plan..... ALWAYS
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 05-03-2021
I'd imagine Ingram, I hope HOuston
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:54 PM 05-03-2021
I went wildcard with Ryan Kerrigan.

More accomplished than Ingram, more tread on the tires (his snap counts dropped the past 2 years due to the influx of talent on Washington's DL).

I think he fits the scheme nicely, too. He's basically Houston, except without the baggage with KC at this point.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:59 PM 05-03-2021
I think Jones will play outside some, but I also think that Ward, Danna, and Charlton will rotate a lot and play well. I think we're good at DE.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:01 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd imagine Ingram, I hope HOuston
Why the fuck would you hope for that schmuck to come back?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:02 PM 05-03-2021
I think they’ll sign someone. To me the bigger issue is 2022 and beyond. Clark should hopefully be gone after this year, but there’s really not much to replace him. Going to need to address the position with numbers next year.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:04 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I think they’ll sign someone. To me the bigger issue is 2022 and beyond. Clark should hopefully be gone after this year, but there’s really not much to replace him. Going to need to address the position with numbers next year.
If that's true, then Veach will sign one of the league's best defensive ends on a team-friendly deal, and then he'll draft two future superstars at the position.

I like Veach.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:05 PM 05-03-2021
I think we're forgetting how well Turk Wharton played. Having Jones at DE makes a lot of sense
[Reply]
RustShack 02:09 PM 05-03-2021
Clark, Taco, Jones, Danna, talented upside with Kaindoh.

I don’t think it’s a total black hole. A free agent between now and the first game is still possible between post June cuts and roster cut downs.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:11 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think we're forgetting how well Turk Wharton played. Having Jones at DE makes a lot of sense
Wharton, Reed, and Nnadi are plenty at DT.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:13 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I went wildcard with Ryan Kerrigan.

More accomplished than Ingram, more tread on the tires (his snap counts dropped the past 2 years due to the influx of talent on Washington's DL).

I think he fits the scheme nicely, too. He's basically Houston, except without the baggage with KC at this point.
I wouldn't hate that, assuming he has something left in the tank. One of these guys wants a ring, I hope.

I imagine Funk Britches is going to sign a vet DE soon.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:14 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Wharton, Reed, and Nnadi are plenty at DT.
And you’ve got Saunders there as well.
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 05-03-2021
You probably need to draft your DE early next year anyway.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:16 PM 05-03-2021
KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING KAINDOH
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up